Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. Like I said...I can case gauge and place 100 rounds in an ammo case in 90 seconds...
  3. @joseywales is correct. 9.2.2 is very clear.
  4. You guys worrying about a backup TF being a tad bit different than an S2 and I am here with a Bull Shadow 2 as main with a P10 plastic gun as a backup....
  5. 'Twas a pissin' rain Yep I'm in Salt Lake City, and yep it's raining. Today was day one of The Beehive Revolver (WRC) Championship. I didn't shoot today, but the real men and women did. I went and bought rain gear. I figured $80 bucks for rain gear was cheaper than the $200 speeding ticket I got driving up hear.
  6. The string ends when the Stop plate is hit. The timer should be backed up to that shot and the shooter then receives a 3 second missed plate penalty.
  7. NO. 9.2.2 Sound-Actuated Timing: Sound-actuated timing uses conventional shot timers that “hear” each shot. The competitor’s elapsed time stops with the last shot fired. Timers will not be backed up for multiple hits on the stop plate or hits after the stop plate. The time stops with the LAST SHOT FIRED.
  8. I'd go with another cz in the same setup, but that's just me. Probably more fun to have something different just bcos but..
  9. It's rare but I've had competitors hit a missed plate after the stop plate, just a reflex on their part. I've always entered the time corresponding to that extraneous plate, but I suppose that the course of fire technically ends when the stop plate is hit. These runs are blown anyway with the miss, but should I be backing up the timer to the 5th shot or let the extra shot stand as the COF end?
  10. If you are just throating, stop when the flutes hit the front chamber wall. Easy to tell when. If actually chambering, use go and no-go plugs.
  11. By all means test it out, but its all down to preference in the end. Not every gun is gonna react the same and you need to consider how everyone holds the rifle, recoil control, etc.
  12. With a finish reamer how do you keep from going to deep?
  13. My Atlas Artemis has a right side mag catch/button from the factory. It's the best grip for 2011s IMO. The palm swell panel adjustability is just amazing
  14. SkipzGunz Monsoon Printz Firearms KI Precision There are a few. I was lucky, the last two are local for me.
  15. Okay. I’m sold. Still getting used to the timing of the spring but it’s WAY easier to shoot. This is my first non-PCC pair of 0.11s. I was so surprised that I got my pinky wedged in between the base pad and the magwell, lol. I then did a Can You Count string that matched my fast S2 run. Then did another that was faster. New record for me. But more importantly, the sustainability of the recoil control was much better. It was slaloming well… To the point where I could take it out to 10 yards and still stay 0.17-18 splits with good enough accuracy. Sustained recoil is more of a challenge than pairs. Pairs are much easier. I wrote this post from the Pilates machine stretching my back. And watching slow motion cat kung fu
  16. As of right now, I'm reloading 45acp, I get the bump no matter what caliber I reload. It's only on the up stroke
  17. Why did the HST fail? Did you check to see if the round was hitting the rifling? Or are they just a little fat? There is a big difference. If they are not too long but just a little fat there will be enough friction to keep them from spinning. FWIW I only drop for the plunk test. I don't spin unless it seems there may be a length issue.
  18. Hi, Long time loader but recently started 9mm and really looking at COAL. The conventional wisdom is that your round should plunk in and drop out freely. Makes perfect sense. Many also say that the round should twist freely as you headspace off the case mouth without engaging the rifling. It’s the spin test I question: Started to do this in a good after market P320 barrel with 124gR RMR JHP’s and ended up pretty short on the COAL not a big deal. Then I decided to look at factory 124gr Federal HST in a OEM p320 barrel. The spin test failed but clearly these rounds run fine in an OEM barrel. My thinking is the extractor holds the round back and it functionally headspace’s off the breech face thereby not engaging the rifling. with the spin test we are build in too much safety margin that results in a shorter COAL than is necessary. Am I off on this reasoning?
  19. That would be nice. I'll buy lunch, but I'm a notoriously bad tipper, so you'll have to cover that.
  20. What cartridge are you loading? Are you lubing cases?
  21. The 70 degree locker should be fine with most everything as long as don’t want to shoot really soft rounds, like some syntec rounds. An 80 degree shoots everything. I use 3.9 gr N320 with 124 RMR RN bullets set at 1.118. PF about 125. Accurate, flat, reliable. Good luck.
  1. Load more activity