Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. What cartridge are you loading? Are you lubing cases?
  3. Today
  4. The 70 degree locker should be fine with most everything as long as don’t want to shoot really soft rounds, like some syntec rounds. An 80 degree shoots everything. I use 3.9 gr N320 with 124 RMR RN bullets set at 1.118. PF about 125. Accurate, flat, reliable. Good luck.
  5. The 100gr SuperVel ammo makes 137 PF in my 16.1" Leadstar barrel. It won't function in my 2011 Open gun with 6V recoil spring. My 124gr, 134 PF 9mm minor load (5" barrel) makes 168 PF in the 16.1" barrel. Both are flat shooting. Flat shooting for USPSA requires speed. The 100gr @ 1377fps has almost no dot movement and a laser-like trajectory. Sighted at 25 yards, you are on at 50 with less than 1/4" high in between, and 1/4" low at 59. Same for the 124gr @ 1359fps. No more that 1/4" high or low between 25 and 61 yards. My dot does not move with a 147gr @ 985fps (out of 5" barrel), No idea of the fps out of a 16.1", but it is higher. I can put 20 rounds into a 2" circle at 25 yards as fast as I can pull the trigger. Recoil in a 5.5 lb. gun is significant. Trajectory in no where near as flat as the two previous loads. Less velocity with any of these loads means more dot movement, but softer recoil.
  6. I use 115 FMJ from RMR in my MPX. 4.0 gr of AA2. 1.10 OL. Soft shooting and reliable. Most of the poly coated bullets I've tried need to have a really short OL. The profile is fatter at the tip of the bullet and sticks in the lands of the MPX. If you have N320 I would start at 3.9gr. 4.5 gr is a max load for N320. Use the 115 gr Everglade and keep the OL to 1.10.
  7. Any opinions on how well this works?
  8. Any opinions on how well it works?
  9. Ah, see, that's 100% the MD then.
  10. I'm sure that can be it some too. Several of the ranges I shoot at host IDPA and USPSA. Shooting USPSA you can shoot PCC or run AIWB. But the IDPA matches you can't. One of the clubs always blamed that stuff on range rules even when the USPSA MD was allowing it.
  11. Black = factory spring Orange = DP orange spring Green = DP green spring Blue = DP yellow spring
  12. I have an SP01 purchased in early 2006. No SKU on box. UPC 06793-01153-3. Round count is ~70,655. Most of the rounds are 124/125 gr FMJ at 1,050 fps (aka 130 PF). I've fired 95, 115, 121, 124, 125, 130, 147, 160 gr bullets thru the pistol. Frame is good. Pistol still shoots better than I can., Burned out the barrel at ~60,100 rnds and replaced. My pistol does like 0.356" bullets to 0.355". Is significantly more accurate with the 0.356".
  13. I took the 20 mag that came with my Prodigy, stripped it down to the body and added an old TTI follower, spring and 4mm basepad - it took 23 rounds. I’ve been using it in practice and dryfire sessions and it functioned without issue.
  14. Recoil control / Bill drills are like autocross slaloms. This is a little nerdy and again, just my opinions. If you have a single direction change offset in a car, you can kind of cheat it. Just like doing a single double with a handgun. But in order to sustain the balance and rhythm with a Bill drill or Blake drill, you can't cheat it. Like a slalom, if the car shocks / swaybar / tires aren't matched up to the grip surface / weight / alignment (especially toe in / out) then it's just not going to happen and you'll "fall off" after a couple of cycles. Sure, driver matters... but for the same (competent) driver, car setup matters. Too soft and roly poly... you're not going to make it back for the next cone. Too stiff and no forgiveness in the weight transfer? It's going to be very hard to get the most out of the timing and make it reproducible. Same thing with corner entry and trail braking. If there's no margin and the car's too stiff... it's going to be very hard to execute the handoff from braking to cornering smoothly and there's no margin to micro correct for surface imperfections or bumps. If you try and take a car set up for dry grippy conditions and race it in the rain, you're going to have a much tougher time getting everything out of it. Those same physical principles hold (IMO) with recoil management and gun tuning. I tune to the "first bounce" harmonic and not the double bounce oscillation. I want a nice dwell at zero without overdriving the nose. I want physics to work with me, not to fight it. Does a better tuned gun make me a better shooter? No, but a more forgiving gun lets me learn more rapidly and improve my skills (IMO). This was a few years ago when I was training USPSA CO with a Shadow 2 (same one that V is using now). I improved my grip, recoil management and trigger finger coordination so that I could squeeze out a single 0.12 or 0.13 with my carry gun. But that's like a single direction change driving element. It's not sustainable (for me) for more than a single shot here or there. With the Alien, it was like that before the spring tuning. Could cheat into a single 0.11 or 0.12 but not sustainable and not with enough margin to keep it going. I have the day off work and after I clean up the garage a little, I'll test the setup some more before modifying the other recoil assemblies.
  15. Holy smokes, you guys are really something. How do you know what happened immediately before this video? How do you know what happened immediately after it? How do you know anything on the internet is even real? If anybody's grandma is looking to meet a cranky older gentleman, I know where a bunch of them hang out. I'm just trying to share my love for revo shootin'
  16. I think it's less about the MD's and more about the range. I was the first in the area to let shooters use AIWB because it was a private range and the owner wasn't a fudd (his take was "Sounds fine - just tell them they're not allowed to sue if they shoot themselves in the nuts"). My other match was at a club, which means everything had to be approved by a BOD - all of whom were social security eligible, so it was a much harder sell.
  17. I've got 2 with about 20,000 rounds through them. The only failure I've had is 1 slide stop. Manufactured in 2015.
  18. I think locally, most of the clubs MD's have been around a long time. IDPA beat it into them over the years that AIWB wasn't safe for matches so even though the rules changed they're sticking with that going forward. I believe there is only one club in a reasonable distance to me that allows it. In time as those guys step down clubs will probably start allowing it if they continue with IDPA.
  19. He knows,, and he was.. LOL,... I think that was the pun... GOtta know the guy.. Hoping to cross paths at a revolver shoot and meet in person some day.
  20. Perhaps its a different design, but I had the seals in an Enedine fail and turned it into a single shot.
  21. Bit of a stretch to conclude that freestyle is dead
  22. So the Alien recoil spring… Measuring and counting coils… Looks like there was at least one iterative change in coil number from the original to now… so will standardize on counting total coils rather than based off subtracting coils from the total…
  23. I have tried bullets from 100gn-165gn in my PCCs. In general, I find that a lighter bullet with more powder results in a flat shooting. My favorite load in my JP5 is 100gn Berry with 7.3gn of Vihtavuori 3N38. It has a PF of 128 in my PCC. If you want commercial ammo Super-Vel 100gn Blitz is a flat shooting with a PF about 130.
  24. I have used 4.5gn of N320 with 115gn bullets. It has a PF of 128 in my JP5. It is a flat shooting load.
  25. 3rd and 1st person view of IPSC HG training in technique mode at local indoor range with performance analysis. 5 drills with focus on shooting in and out of positions left-right, up range-down range, etc.
  1. Load more activity