Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks all. Will be testing WAC and 3n38 over the Chrono today and will report back.
  3. Today
  4. Those look about right. I load MG 124s out to 1.175", but PDs are shorter and I ended up around 1.150". My (very old) notes show 7.1gr Autocomp, 7.7gr 3N37, 8.2gr HS6, 7.6gr Silhouette. I have a 5.5" barrel with no holes though, so you may need more. I prefer HS6.
  5. I have the 3D printed ones in a couple Glock 47 mags and get 24 reloadable! No issues with durability yet. MBX was great when I got one in the wrong packaging. I sent it back and they sent me a replacement, plus a second for free. This after the place that sold it to me wouldn't refund or replace it! I'll remember service like that for a long while.
  6. Some of this may be due to using reloaded ammo. The tiniest bulge at the base can add up over 16 rounds to change capacity.
  7. Looking for a slide stop for Shadow 1 and none are available. What is the difference between the Shadow 2 slide stop and Shadow 1? Will the Shadow 2 slide stopwork, in a pinch?
  8. I use pistol brass (nearly anything from 9 to 45 works) to do the same thing on 1050s, yet people still sell and make a raft of hooks and gizmos to do the same job.
  9. I have astigmatism so I have built in MOA growing abilities. I use the 2MOA dot and up brightness as needed for a bigger effective dot lol
  10. That rule just means you can't lay out a sea of targets, then tell people to shoot these ones from Box A and these ones from Box B, etc. If you build a stage where you can only see some targets from some locations, it's fine, as long as the other rules are met. ie can't have more than 8 shots required from a position/view, etc.
  11. Thanks, that gives me something more to think about. But I'm not clear on why would go with both on your next pistol if your fairly satisfied with just the front on this one.
  12. I use the plastic ones on my minor pistols and aluminum on my open pistol
  13. I’ve never spent much effort or specific training on course execution and management. I started with marksmanship fundamentals, then classifier stand and shoot skills. Then a little bit of movement. Then stage planning. But not really on execution. Now that the other skills are coming on line, I am trying to figure out the stage memorization and execution part. How to lock down a stage quickly into my mind’s eye and have that plan be burned in so even with hiccups I can keep it running in background. Having V as a partner opens up a whole additional set of training options that I couldn’t (or wouldn’t) do on my own. Like we said, “We’ll figure it out, together.” My goal is to be field course M by the Fall. Right now I’m perhaps an A because of so many hiccups in execution.
  14. i have shot my 9 major rounds out of my pcc over the chrono. in my open they run 1500-1550 loading 8-8.5 silhouette with a 115 grain bullet and rifle primer, what i can remember was the velocity was 18-1900 out of the 16" barrel, no issues, id run it. ymmv
  15. I use cuda lube and have shot a few matches in the rain and never had a problem
  16. @Hoops If you are running standard velocity ammo, you don't need a comp. I run SV in my Marvel Unit One and timers have no difficulty picking up the shot. Up comps are useful if using high velocity ammo. They do help control Muzzle rise, if that makes a difference to you. I run the standard 9 lb. recoil spring for CCI SV and Eley Target ammo. BTW, the Nelson is a derivative of the Marvel.
  17. Trying this: Bore mop chamber flag to soak and clean between each stage. If it doesn’t work then we are silicone wiping cases or doing more extensive cleaning.
  18. I fail to see how the ammo makes (that much) of a difference, it's a combination of tube, guts and basepads. What tubes and springs/follower are you using? 16 is in the low end of IPSC legal magazines. How long is the spring? A standard 140mm spring in a 120mm mag will take up space, I usually shorten the springs to be only a few cm longer than the tube. Even the cheap SPS mags will do 18 out of the box. This is assuming a 2011, a CZ TS has 17 round standard IIRC.
  19. I have the opposite experience than some of you do. I ran a Hammerli X-Esse Sport, a full race Buckmark, a Volquartsen Scorpion, and a couple others in competitions. None of them were as reliable or for as long as my 22 Conversions. Zero issues with the conversions. Zero issues with the mags. Six years and counting. None of the 22 pistols lasted more than two years without work. It became more than I was willing to do to keep them running. I changed the mag springs in the GSG mags once after five years. I've never changed the springs in the Brownell's mags. BTW, I was not knocking the Nelson above. Is is finicky, but at least six bullseye shooters use them at my home club. Nelson offered to modify my pistol for free. Since it was a custom pistol, I declined.
  20. eh that's a crap call to move you to open for a simple mistake. hopefully you used the 170 to save a reload or two the rest of the match.
  21. I did not, at the time there was some concern with conflict with the SRO. I do not exactly regret it, but will try to get them on the next one. I like the idea of a reference point if I get a funky grip. When I got my slide back it didn't have the front sight installed, and I shot it a while with nothing, and there were times the front sight has helped me bring the dot back onto target, so it is helpful, the rear might help sometimes also. I also do not think the optic is likely to fail, but I have had the experience of funky sunlight washing the dot out and needing to crank it up in the middle of a stage. If you are spending $400-$700 to mill a slide and put an optic on a $500 pistol why not. And right now I have green FO in the front sight, no chance of confusion. If I get a rear on the next pistol I might try yellow in the back, it will be like Christmas lights! Where is the next question, front or back. I thought I wanted front, and that was part of the reason I did none with the SRO, but I think I will go with rear, either all black or contrasting FO.
  22. I bought a Colt/Walther government model .22. I put some decent sights on it from Dawson and a full length guide rod from Taylor Tactical Supply. It's very accurate and reliable.
  23. I had 2 of the first holsters, a regular and a racer, and on both the screws gripping the ball joint loosened over time. Eventually I tired of it and replaced both with the MRH which is a much better design. No DAA holsters for me ever again.
  24. Get a Volquarsten and don't look back
  1. Load more activity