Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recent bullet orders

konkapot

Just now, teros135 said:

Y'all heard this ... where?  This sounds like the old Web myth, last debunked in 2013.  Any actual data?

We haven’t seen any interruptions in the supply chain. They have been on point and met my demands at a minutes notice. 

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, weeniewawa said:

That article refers to the actual refinement of lead ore into lead, which, with more than 80% of lead used today coming from previously refined lead ore (recycled lead), there is no need to keep the refinery open. There are still lead smelters operating, smelting recycled lead, just not refining the lead ore.

In the United States, eight companies operate 15 domestic secondary lead smelters that in 2011 produced an estimated 1,200,000 metric tons (t) of recycled lead, also called secondary lead.

And then, this...

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2014/apr/25/chain-email/lead-bullets-will-have-come-overseas-after-epa-clo/

On 10/11/2020 at 10:31 AM, BiknSwans said:

I opened my case of 3500 Bayou 124 grain RN bullets yesterday.  The website showed a no-groove bullet, but the bullets I received have a lube groove.  There was no mention of this change on the Bayou website.  

I had the same experience, both ways.

I was using and liked the lube groove type.  Its pointy nose stretched the OAL for my old Colt and its slight shoulder kept that long nose out of the rifling.

So when I got a batch of NLG that took a shorter OAL, I inquired.  The proprietor said he needed new 124 gr moulds and the maker assured him that the NLGs were more accurate, which he confirmed in his own gun on a Ransom Rest.  OK, I adjusted seating and powder.

But the next order came in with lube grooves!

Not only that, I noticed I was getting lots of Carbide Factory Crimp Die rub marks over the bullet, not just near the head where the sizing die didn't go.  Got out the micrometer.  Yup, .357" instead of the listed .356".

I am at present waiting out orders placed when the turnaround time was given as 5-6 weeks.  Now it is posted as 8-12 weeks and it will have been 8 weeks tomorrow.  Been loading plated bullets in the meanwhile. Wish BBI made bullets in the styles I prefer.

8 hours ago, RudyVey said:

Ordered again from Precision Delta this past Saturday, and just got the shipping memo; they should arrive on Wednesday, so this would be 5 days from order to delivery!

Are you ordering by phone? I have yet to see any bullets in stock on website

9 hours ago, RudyVey said:

Ordered again from Precision Delta this past Saturday, and just got the shipping memo; they should arrive on Wednesday, so this would be 5 days from order to delivery!

What caliber/grain did you purchase? Just curious.

6 hours ago, Sarge said:

No online. I always check, sometimes twice daily what is available. They also send out emails to customers that have an account there what they have on hand. One must be quick, though.

When you go to "Products', they show what is available, but it sells out fast. Had no luck to buy 9 mm.

14 hours ago, Sarge said:

Sarge get signed up for there news letter and they will send you email when bullets come available I got a couple thousand a couple weeks ago. Some 124 s came available and they was gone in about twelve hours.

On 10/26/2020 at 3:02 PM, RudyVey said:

They just arrived!! The FEDEX woman is strong, she carried both boxes from the truck to my garage. Some 70 lbs....

On 10/24/2020 at 8:29 PM, 78Staff said:

Got a shipping notification for my Blue Bullets order from back in July 🙄

Oh an my Gallant 9mm order that was supposed to take 4 weeks is going on 2 months now...  luckily i just loaded up about 3K when I made that order and held 1K in reserve, so I'm not hurting...yet.

I ordered 2800 Bayou 160gr .357 RN, and got my order today.

I got one large box and one small box both labeled 900. And one large box and one small box both labeled 500.

Is that correct? There can't possibly be the same account of bullets in both the large and small boxes, can there?