Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recent bullet orders

konkapot

I always wondered what it looks like when the bullet manufactures ship. In my mind the USPS guy pulls up in his residential delivery truck. He grumbles as he loads all cases in the back. As he drives away his little bumper is dragging the ground 🤣🤣🤣

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chillywig said:

I always wondered what it looks like when the bullet manufactures ship. In my mind the USPS guy pulls up in his residential delivery truck. He grumbles as he loads all cases in the back. As he drives away his little bumper is dragging the ground 🤣🤣🤣

All I know is the last case of ammo I bought looked like it was never picked up, just rolled around. The box was literally a ball sitting by my garage.

My favorite thing about Precision Delta, besides their excellent quality of bullets, is how they pack their bullets. Their packaging is always very sturdy and can take lots of punishments, in my experience.

My last few orders from other companies, whether they're inside flat-rate usps boxes or generic boxes, arrived broken, and some of the bullets escaped. Oh well ....

12 hours ago, risingsun said:

My favorite thing about Precision Delta, besides their excellent quality of bullets, is how they pack their bullets. Their packaging is always very sturdy and can take lots of punishments, in my experience.

My last few orders from other companies, whether they're inside flat-rate usps boxes or generic boxes, arrived broken, and some of the bullets escaped. Oh well ....

Yes, they are well packed: the bullets are in a very sturdy plastic bag, taped well shut, then this goes into their cardboard bullet box, and this box just fits very well into the FEDEX boxes. Another  company known for excellent packaging is ACME Bullets in WI. Their bullets are packed in a plastic bag which then is placed in a wooden (!!) box and this is fitted into the USPS flat rate box. Never had any issues with either.

On 9/18/2020 at 5:54 PM, BoomerDiver said:

I ordered from Black Bullets International on Sunday and received my order of 1000 bullets on Thursday evening. If you follow the guidance on the website and order the quantities that ship with UPS you will be satisfied.

Ditto on BBI. Took less than a week to receive after placing my order shipped via USP. Package wasn't even damaged.

On 9/10/2020 at 11:06 AM, RaylanGivens said:

How are you purchasing bullets from Precision Delta?

*DUE TO AN UNUSUALLY HIGH VOLUME OF ORDERS, PLEASE ALLOW FOR EXTENDED ORDER PROCESSING TIMES*I

I see the above note on their site, but no "Order" button...  There is a 'Save to Wishlist' button.

Just checked and the button was there.  Maybe it was the type of bullet I was ordering? 40cal. 165 fmj

On 9/16/2020 at 5:04 PM, Intheshaw1 said:

BBI update:

Ordered a case of 125s on 8/31, shipped 9/3 and has been stuck in Alamo since then in the Accepted status.

Ordered one of the new UPS sized cases on Monday, shipped Tuesday, UPS is tracking delivery for tomorrow.

I would buy more UPS cases from him but I already have 2 more cases on order elsewhere. 

My original USPS case that I ordered sat in Alamo, TN for about 3 weeks and left there late Monday and arrived in perfect condition today. So even with all the USPS issues I still received the case of 125s in a little over 3 weeks when every other manufacturer I see is 2 months plus. 

But if ordering from BBI just skip the hassle and get one of the UPS cases. I don't think there is any price difference and they actually ship fast for now.

5 minutes ago, JimmyZip said:

Woah!!

🤣

Actually, it still worked in that condition. So I continued cranking out rounds. Then 700+ rounds later, this happened (shellplate bolt broke in half, can't take out the stuck half, don't have spare) ... so GAME OVER! RMA it was! 

528514269_IMG_3751(1).jpg.5b262cce695a31f1003be8c5535937db.jpg

On 9/23/2020 at 11:16 AM, 427Cobra said:

Ordrered a case of 9mm 125's and a case of 40 180's from blue bullets on July 31st, at the time the site said 4-5 weeks, called on sept 10, told to expect my order around Oct 20

Ordered 3 cases 9mm 125's/.356 dia. on 30 July from Blue Bullets - they shipped all of 'em today (24 Sept) so I'm bettin' you'll get yours before 20 October.

17 minutes ago, risingsun said:

🤣

Actually, it still worked in that condition. So I continued cranking out rounds. Then 700+ rounds later, this happened (shellplate bolt broke in half, can't take out the stuck half, don't have spare) ... so GAME OVER! RMA it was! 

You stand up to load?

Yours is the 7th one i have seen break that way.  All stood up to load putting to much pressure on the small press.

All had 30k+ rounds before they broke. Two after they returned broke a link arm. You have it figured out.

4 hours ago, AHI said:

You stand up to load?

I can’t sit to load. Kills my back!!

5 hours ago, risingsun said:

🤣

I have been cranking out ammo on my SDB since’03. Think I would be proud to wear my press out👍🏽

Put a second order in with PD on the 18th - this time .38 spl, they shipped with USPS and are supposed to be here today. Lets see how this one looks when it arrives. I think they decide on the shipper based on the weight of the order. This one will still fit into a flat rate box - weight wise.

Three recent experiences for 200 gr SWC .45 coated bullets...no groove, bevel base.  All shipped 2000 to 2500 per USPS MFR box.

Missouri - their square boxes have always been fine inside of USPS flat rate cartons.  Right now, seems like they're delivery is within about ten days.  My last order was in late June, and took about 2 weeks.  His coated stuff always looks great.  That said, I notice they recently streamlined inventory on website to simplify their operation during current busy season.  They'll continue to be my supplier for my lower low quantity loads (38 special, 45 colt, etc.)

DG Bullets - I tried to be cheap and order a case of coated through them, using a 10% discount.  Hoped they'd be my new supplier on common bullets.  Box arrived within a week.  (Early August.)  Box was torn, wet, and in tatters.  There were loose bullets on my porch.  USPS had shrink wrapped it to get it in transit.  Five of the six bags of bullets inside were torn or pierced.  By weight, I think I was only down 50 bullets.  I contacted DG with photos.  They replied with a photo of a bunch of perfect looking boxes leaving their warehouse.  No offer for replacement, credit, or future discount.  "Not our fault."  

Summers Enterprises - Based on forum recommendations, I placed an order about 10 days ago with Summers Enterprises.  (Delivered price per round was even less than DG.)  Took about 10 days to arrive.  They, like Missouri, pack boxes inside of the USPS MFR carton.  They probably used 100' of packing tape on my order.  Order looks great.  He's my new supplier.  Bullets look just as good as the other two options.  Weight and diameter is just as consistent.  Per website, it does look like he's pausing on taking new orders so that he can keep a short que.  I can respect that.

So, my order from the 18th of September (late afternoon ordered) arrived today. This time they used USPS flatrate box. Arrived here safe and sound, took three days from shipping on the 22nd to arrive here on the 25th. The use a doubled flatrate box, so two boxes clamped together with the metal clamps they use to close the bullet boxes. Inside again the bullet boxes and the bullets safely inside a very sturdy thick plastic bag that is taped shut and no heat sealed.

Great bullets, great service, great packaging = great company!!

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

Edited by RudyVey