Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recent bullet orders

konkapot

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Ssanders224 said:

All of the in-stock products on this page ship in 1-3 business days. 

https://www.precisiondelta.com/products/new-category/

Nice. I'm surprised they had some just sitting there ready for purchase.  I'll revise my previous statement to say MOST, not all, as PD makes a good bullet.

I do wish they had cases for a discount over the 1K pricing, but I get it...definitely a seller's market.

Good call, sir. I bet you helped a number of people out with that post (I have some on the bench waiting for Spring, or I would have grabbed some while the getting is good).

...hot off the RMR press:

If you want the list of in-stock items, scroll to the bottom.  If you want to be informed on what is going on, please read this email carefully!  

We are getting our butt's kicked! 

You may have noticed that we took down most of the listings for the in-house products.  Don't worry!  We are not permanently discontinuing them.  We are just trying to give ourselves some time to catch up in production.  Basically, you guys were ordering more per day than what we could produce.  Also, there is a copper shortage in the US right now that kept us from getting enough strip to fill all of the orders that we had.  We've ordered more than enough copper to fill all the orders but the mills are delaying shipment because of the huge increase in demand.  Part of why we charge for orders up front is so I can order the copper strip that we will need to fill all the orders. If you have been following the price of copper lately you will see that it has been crazy and steadily increasing every week until now.  We are not the kind of company that takes backorders and then cancels them on people because the product went up in price on our end. So, the in-house products that are not on the website anymore are because we needed to conserve the copper that we do have for the products that we have sold the most of.  And we were kicking-butt up until a couple weeks ago when our main lead core guy broke his finger and had to get it pinned.  That took away one of our bullet machine operators so that he could work on the lead core machines.  Then the guy who took over the lead core machines had to take a week off to have a baby!  Well, he didn't have the baby, but you get the idea. 

Anyway, we've been hit with a few setbacks, but we are doing our best to get things moving.  Our packaging team is overworked and wearing out but they promise me that they are doing okay and enjoying the overtime.  They just wanted me to ask you guys to allow a little more time for the in-stock orders to ship out.  We needed to change the in-stock orders from 3-5 weeks out to 6-8 weeks.  Will all the orders take that long to ship?  Probably not.  But will it help if you give us a full 6-8 weeks to fill all the orders?  YES!  To give you guys an idea on how many bullets we have shipped, so far for 2021 our crew of 5 packagers have shipped out 156 pallets via USPS.  With an average of about 100k bullets per pallet thats over 15 million bullets so far this year.  That doesn't even include the orders that shipped via freight lines.  That's JUST USPS flat rate boxes.  I can't tell you how proud of them I am.  Everyone has been constantly hitting above their weight and they're all amazing employees. They work so hard that at this point I feel our customers should cry when they open our boxes because the amount of love and dedication that hits them in the face is just so overwhelming.  I can truly say we love what we do.  We've not had much of a break since this time last year, but somehow we keep going.  I think if it wasn't for our customers and how they make us all feel, most people wouldn't have stuck it out this long.  All that being said, at some point we were going to break if we didn't slow down.  We've got employees that can't grip things well anymore and others taking several trips to the chiropractor.  So, in their interest I took some bullets off the website and I extended the shipping times for in-stock orders.  We may also have to extend the wait time on the in-house orders to give our guys enough time to get back to work and at full production again, but we will have to see.  Anyway, just know that we are doing our best to get orders out as fast as possible so please be patient with us.      

In-Stock 
We are slammed!  Expect 6-8 weeks for these in-stock orders to actually ship.  We hope to get them out much sooner, but the stack of orders is massive and there's only so many of us and so much time in the day.  
Also, it will help you get your orders quicker if you order separate products separately.  This means if you want to order three different products, please place three different orders with each product separately.  We have two stacks of shipping labels that we fill.  The first is a stack of just single items and it goes fast!  The second stack is what we call mixed-orders.  Those take longer because we have to stop packaging one item and go searching for the others.  At this point we aren't as concerned about saving on shipping as much as saving time for our packagers.  
Be aware that the in-stock prices are because we have to buy this stuff from other companies and we can't control their pricing.  Click on the links to be directed to the product.  

9mm 115 FMJ  

9mm 124 FMJ

.204" 34 grain FMJ

.223 / 5.56 bullets

.40 180 FMJ

.45 230 grain FMJ

.308 Armscor NEW Brass Cases

.308 147 grain FMJ

.38/.357 158 FMJ 

...just received an order from RMR yesterday; order was placed on 12/27, if you're in the queue and trying to gauge turnaround (nearly 40% longer than their mansplaning email asserts). 

[edit] However, at least they're communicating with customers, so there's that...

Edited by Terp

1 hour ago, BillChunn said:

Bayou Bullets.  Ordered November 9, 2020.  Shipped March 15, 2021.  17 weeks.

BC

Not to be a nit-picker but that is 18 weeks. 

Having said that they must like you Bill, I have an order (one of 4 open orders I have with them) placed the same day which is no-where. I consider this a teachable moment.

30 minutes ago, bisonshooter said:

Ordered from Bayou on November 8, 2020.  Just received notice of shipment.

My last Bayou order was 11/14, they said on the phone last week that they are processing the orders from this time frame right now.

On the bright side. 147 grain (0.356) 9mm truncated cone and 160 grain round nose 357's (0.358) were both in stock from SNS last week with no limits on quantity (10K = 10% discount). 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

1 hour ago, IHAVEGAS said:

My last Bayou order was 11/14, they said on the phone last week that they are processing the orders from this time frame right now.

On the bright side. 147 grain (0.356) 9mm truncated cone and 160 grain round nose 357's (0.358) were both in stock from SNS last week with no limits on quantity (10K = 10% discount). 

I had that same phone conversation last week. Only difference being my order is older. Since I have decades in technical sales and customer service for an OEM, I know from experience when someone is shooting from the hip. But I figured I would give them another week.

12 hours ago, George16 said:

Ordered from Precision Delta on March 12(Friday), shipped 15th (Monday and received the package on Wednesday, March 17. Very quick shipping considering it was shipped usps priority too.

Currently usps flat rate priority is doing a pretty decent job. Occasional delays, but that’s every carrier right now.   

Ordered a case of 180’s and a case of 125’s from BBI on the 3/16. At my door in Scottsdale on 3/20.

Similar order from Precision on the same day to get in the queue. Will advise. 

Also considering trying Blue Bullets. Anyone got an order update on Blues? Looked back through here but the last Blue update I saw was awhile ago. 

9 hours ago, titandriver said:

Ordered two cases of 180's from BBI on 03/12 - ain't seen or heard anything yet.

Don’t quote me on this but I THOUGHT Chandler mentioned going back to a one case limit. Any order over that would be canceled? 
Either that or the mail facility near him is acting up again.

Worth reaching out to him because he ships really fast.

EDITED: Looks like there is a $400 limit on live orders.

Edited by Sarge