Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recent bullet orders

konkapot

28 minutes ago, matteekay said:

Me too. This was after emailing them, as well; otherwise it would have been radio silence.

Nothing for me yet either. I guess I don’t understand their issue. BBI ships in just a few days and he is literally a one man operation and I’m sure he has a bigger client base

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, matteekay said:

Now entering Month 7 of waiting on Gallant to ship a case of 147's.

I definitely made a mental note of that, sir...and now don't expect mine any time soon.

I was evaluating them as a Plan C bullet, but not if that's how they roll...absolutely absurd, astronomical demand notwithstanding. 2-3 months? Sure, I get it. More than half a year after accepting payment? Pound sand.

1 minute ago, Terp said:

I definitely made a mental note of that, sir...and now don't expect mine any time soon.

I was evaluating them as a Plan C bullet, but not if that's how they roll...absolutely absurd, astronomical demand notwithstanding. 2-3 months? Sure, I get it. More than half a year after accepting payment? Pound sand.

I wasn't angry until I saw that they're still taking in orders. How deep of a backlog do you need?

1 minute ago, matteekay said:

I wasn't angry until I saw that they're still taking in orders. How deep of a backlog do you need?

Right. When I got in, most were "sold out", so I assumed the order I placed was for either 1.) in-stock supply 2.) in a queue where turnaround isn't measured in years. If I had known some are still waiting more than 180 days AND they continue to pile on orders, ergo...

I did receive a small sample of BBIs today...quick shipping. Hard to tell if the bare lead spots are from the poor packing with the bullets smacking each other during their journey or if their coating is weak...quick shipping nonetheless. :)

I like MGs model—they accept orders when product is in stock and ship your order days within placing. If no bullets to deliver, they don't take your money. With stuff selling out in minutes, they can pull that off.  One doesn't need to accept 7 months worth of orders to continue operating at full capacity with the order pipeline full. Just finished a run w/ 30K 147gr CMJs? List them and they are gone in 2.3 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, Terp said:

Right. When I got in, most were "sold out", so I assumed the order I placed was for either 1.) in-stock supply 2.) in a queue where turnaround isn't measured in years. If I had known some are still waiting more than 180 days AND they continue to pile on orders, ergo...

I did receive a small sample of BBIs today...quick shipping. Hard to tell if the bare lead spots are from the poor packing with the bullets smacking each other during their journey or if their coating is weak...quick shipping nonetheless. :)

I like MGs model—they accept orders when product is in stock and ship your order days within placing. If no bullets to deliver, they don't take your money. With stuff selling out in minutes, they can pull that off.  One doesn't need to accept 7 months worth of orders to continue operating at full capacity with the order pipeline full. Just finished a run w/ 30K 147gr CMJs? List them and they are gone in 2.3 minutes. 

I like BBI. Their coat is a little thinner than some others but it's never given me issues.

SNS is also only listing what they have and shipping within 48 hours. Good dude(s).

Precision Delta lists available projectiles weekly. Some updates are throughout the week, but most are on Friday afternoons.  All orders placed on in-stock items ship within a couple of business days.  No backorders are currently taken. If you can order them, they are ready to ship. 

115 FMJ, 147 FMJ, 124 JHP, 40 180 FMJ, 45 230 FMJ are available at some point almost every week. 

37 minutes ago, matteekay said:

Just hit the six month mark on my Gallant order. Emailing to ask for a cancellation now...

I won a cert for free bullets. Sent in September and have not heard a peep.

I got good delivery the first time from Brazos but then Snowmageddon struck Texas and my second order is hanging fire.  I don't blame them and am not hurting for bullets.

I am sorry to hear about Gallant, I fear this will kill a relatively new operation like theirs.

I really like their 200 gr roundnose .45... which they quit making under Covid to simplify their lineup.

There must be a lot more to making coated lead bullets than what I have imagined. 

I could see if you let your operating costs run wild to meet demand then you might have a cash flow problem ....if your customers were paying net 30 days or even on delivery. But I don't think that is what is going one here, I've already paid for my late late late orders.  Based on that, it seems like the bullet industry is committing customer service suicide by not communicating.

Edited by firewood

18 hours ago, pbcaster45 said:

Anybody get responses from ibejiheads when asking about order status? 

Submitted order in early December, e-mailed at least three times and no response.  Same timing and lack of response from Bayou.  On a good note - order from DG last month arrived in about two weeks.

19 hours ago, Jim Watson said:

I got good delivery the first time from Brazos but then Snowmageddon struck Texas and my second order is hanging fire.  I don't blame them and am not hurting for bullets.

I am sorry to hear about Gallant, I fear this will kill a relatively new operation like theirs.

I really like their 200 gr roundnose .45... which they quit making under Covid to simplify their lineup.

The sad part of the story is if they just sent out notices to their customers with open orders or at the minimum put a notice on their website with a status and a recovery plan they would enhance their reputation not kill it. Really a shame.

To their credit, I requested a refund and got a reply within a few hours letting me know that they had refunded my AMEX.

Not to their credit... I had payed with PayPal.

I sent a follow-up email to let them know. They seem to mostly check email in the evenings so hopefully I'll hear back tonight.