Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recent bullet orders

konkapot

14 hours ago, titandriver said:

Ordered two cases of 180's from BBI on 03/12 - ain't seen or heard anything yet.

I'd reach out and ask about it. I wouldn't think the 2 cases are over the $400 limit since they went to smaller cases. My past orders would arrive within a week but I would get a tracking number within 2 days.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Intheshaw1 said:

I'd reach out and ask about it. I wouldn't think the 2 cases are over the $400 limit since they went to smaller cases. My past orders would arrive within a week but I would get a tracking number within 2 days.

Gonna do exactly that in a couple o' minutes! Have not received anything from him to date which does seem unusual.

8 hours ago, Sarge said:

Don’t quote me on this but I THOUGHT Chandler mentioned going back to a one case limit. Any order over that would be canceled? 
Either that or the mail facility near him is acting up again.

Worth reaching out to him because he ships really fast.

EDITED: Looks like there is a $400 limit on live orders.

Yessir, my order totaled $340 - I emailed him a few minutes ago and will post up his reply.

On 3/16/2021 at 7:44 AM, Furrly said:

Any recent experiences with Blue Bullets 

I've been getting most all my bullets from Blue for the last couple years. I'm on their subscription plan so I get a case every month. Those have been running about 2 months behind since summer. I ordered some extra 9mm bullets in january and they said expect 14-16 weeks. They've always answered my emails within a day or so, and I'm inclined to just stick with them for the future. 

I don't really get why bullet mfrs are so busy tho, but maybe they sell to hoarders too, and not just to competition shooters. I know I'm shooting about half what I normally do because of lack of primers, so I'm not sure what people are doing with all these bullets.

4 hours ago, motosapiens said:

I've been getting most all my bullets from Blue for the last couple years. I'm on their subscription plan so I get a case every month. Those have been running about 2 months behind since summer. I ordered some extra 9mm bullets in january and they said expect 14-16 weeks. They've always answered my emails within a day or so, and I'm inclined to just stick with them for the future. 

I don't really get why bullet mfrs are so busy tho, but maybe they sell to hoarders too, and not just to competition shooters. I know I'm shooting about half what I normally do because of lack of primers, so I'm not sure what people are doing with all these bullets.

Thanks 👍

On 3/22/2021 at 3:58 PM, motosapiens said:

Thanks. Put an order in the other day to get in line. Ordered BBI in the mean time to start tested coated lead again. Also ordered Precision to get in line there as well. Also gonna try DG, seems like they are shipping quick. 

I made a little price chart the other night of several of the more popular coated manufacturers. With the Blues 5% forum discount they are tough to beat. The BBIs I have tested are amazingly accurate with clean shot, but if the blues preform as well I will probably stick with them, and just order BBIs or DGs if I need them in a pinch. 

On 3/10/2021 at 3:54 PM, bisonshooter said:

Submitted order in early December, e-mailed at least three times and no response.  Same timing and lack of response from Bayou.  On a good note - order from DG last month arrived in about two weeks.

Just got shipment notice for Ibejiheads Dec order.

3 hours ago, synchronicity said:

Just got a shipment notice for Blue Bullets ordered early Jan, almost

exactly 10 weeks.  Nothing from Bayou ordered at the same time.

My Bayou order finally shipped yesterday, all it took was 19.5 weeks!

20 hours ago, rishii said:

I got the shipping notice from Blue Bullets for my 135s that were ordered on Dec. 8th

Lucky you!  I ordered 135gr TC on Nov 28th, hope I get a notification soon..  lol

4 hours ago, Ssanders224 said:

They'll ship sooner than that. Today or tomorrow most likely.

Yes, they do...just got the shipping notice!! Probably here second half of the week.

I really like that they do not let us wait so long like other companies. They sell what they have, and then ship within a couple of days, when they have sold out, they close down the site for further ordering. This is the only way bullet companies should work.

37 minutes ago, RudyVey said:

Yes, they do...just got the shipping notice!! Probably here second half of the week.

I really like that they do not let us wait so long like other companies. They sell what they have, and then ship within a couple of days, when they have sold out, they close down the site for further ordering. This is the only way bullet companies should work.

Every company is different.... But it works for us. ;) 

Hello, I ordered some Blue Bullets Feb 4th and was told the middle of May. So I ordered some Xtremes and they shipped in 10 days. I think it maybe a supply problem with the lead from the mines and the shipping of it from other countries. Also large companies like Federal will get first choice from the lead suppliers and brass companies. I wonder when we will see more imported primers and bullets coming in? Thanks, Eric

3 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello, I ordered some Blue Bullets Feb 4th and was told the middle of May. So I ordered some Xtremes and they shipped in 10 days. I think it maybe a supply problem with the lead from the mines and the shipping of it from other countries. Also large companies like Federal will get first choice from the lead suppliers and brass companies. I wonder when we will see more imported primers and bullets coming in? Thanks, Eric

There hasn’t been a lead supply problem. It’s been readily available. Copper lead times and prices have steadily increased throughout the ordeal, but it’s been available. 

I’d say you’ll definitely start to see more imported primers pop up. 

Edited by Ssanders224

Hello, so if getting the lead is not the problem then what is causing all this long lead times on coated bullets? The coating material not being available which I don't think would be true. People buying way more than they need for the shooting season? Since primers are so hard to get right now I just don't seem to understand way bullets are so difficult to get from some suppliers? Maybe it is a manpower problem getting people to work? I think it is just weird coming from a manufacturing back ground. Thanks, Eric