Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recent bullet orders

konkapot

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, hiflyer51 said:

I ordered 2650 125gn bullets from BBI on Tuesday Sep 29. They are already out to UPS for delivery on Oct 6!!

That’s just how we roll. A day or so back on 9-135s due to people putting in orders for multiple cases right now but should have it caught back up over the weekend. 

Two recent orders, first time using either company - happy with both

DG 230gr RN x 1k

Ordered: 09/11/20

Shipping notification: 09/22/20

Arrival: 09/25/20

X-Treme 200gr FP x 1k

Ordered: 09/21/20

Shipping notification: none, and I woulda waited a good while longer before bugging em

Arrival: 10/03/20 (conveniently were waiting at home for me so as to replace the DGs which were apparently taken earlier at a match that day by somebody named Mike)

I ordered a case (3500) of 9mm 124 grain RN on September 27th from DGBullets.com.  They were shipped 8 days later, and are scheduled to arrive Thursday, 11 days after ordering.  Three friends of mine got similar service and like the bullets.  I'm sure I will too.

On 9/29/2020 at 4:52 PM, ysrracer said:

I just placed my order. Please send me those "A" bullets, not those "mike" bullets those other guys sell :)

Ordered on Sept 29th, got them today. So one week, thanks !!

My DG Bullet order shipped yesterday, 8 days after ordering.  

My Bayou Bullets order shipped today, 8 weeks and 4 days after ordering.  

Both companies did quite well estimating their shipping times.  I'm in good shape for at least 6 months.

1 hour ago, BiknSwans said:

My DG Bullet order shipped yesterday, 8 days after ordering.  

My Bayou Bullets order shipped today, 8 weeks and 4 days after ordering.  

Both companies did quite well estimating their shipping times.  I'm in good shape for at least 6 months.

Damn, my Bayou order was placed 4 weeks ago, so I still have a ways to go...

Has anyone received anything (or heard from) Gallant recently?  I've got an order that just turned 12 weeks old that's still unshipped.  I sent them an email looking for an update last week and haven't received a reply.  Their website now says they're shipping in 6-8 weeks although I'm pretty sure it said 4-5 weeks last week.

18 hours ago, Michael303 said:

Has anyone received anything (or heard from) Gallant recently?  I've got an order that just turned 12 weeks old that's still unshipped. 

3 months is an awfully long time, even considering the current covid circumstances.  Hopefully your CC didn't get charged at the time of order.

I ordered some from Missouri Bullet on August 28 and half the order showed up here in Kalifornistan the next Wednesday.

They were the some of the .401 and all the .458 so I guess they had the not so popular ones in stock

The other half is more .401 and .356 and are taking a while

I just made an order from Precision Bullet the other day and they say 10-12 weeks

On 10/7/2020 at 5:05 PM, Michael303 said:

Has anyone received anything (or heard from) Gallant recently?  I've got an order that just turned 12 weeks old that's still unshipped.  I sent them an email looking for an update last week and haven't received a reply.  Their website now says they're shipping in 6-8 weeks although I'm pretty sure it said 4-5 weeks last week.

Waiting on an order as well, was not in a rush since i was just backfilling some 9mm but it said 4-5 weeks, and that was early Aug.  So yeah it's behind by a few weeks...

So far I've ordered:

1500 158SWC from Blue Bullets back in July, expected now late Oct.
1K 148BNWC from Grafs (ACME) took about a 2 weeks as they were in stock.

2K 158SWC from SNS Casting, ordered two weeks ago, took about a week.

2K 9mm from Gallant in early Aug, still waiting on these.

Not that it matters if I don't find some small primers lol, I'm into my reserves, less than 5K now. ;(.

I opened my case of 3500 Bayou 124 grain RN bullets yesterday.  The website showed a no-groove bullet, but the bullets I received have a lube groove.  There was no mention of this change on the Bayou website.  

I plan to use them, but I would have preferred the usual no-lube-groove bullets I've always bought before from Bayou, and Acme and Precision.  Hopefully they will work in my Mr Bullet Feeder,

I opened the box of DG bullets this morning and they look great.  I have three friends that like them too.

Bayou 124 RN.jpg

I opened my case of 3500 Bayou 124 grain RN bullets yesterday.  The website showed a no-groove bullet, but the bullets I received have a lube groove.  There was no mention of this change on the Bayou website.  

I plan to use them, but I would have preferred the usual no-lube-groove bullets I've always bought before from Bayou, and Acme and Precision.  Hopefully they will work in my Mr Bullet Feeder,

I opened the box of DG bullets this morning and they look great.  I have three friends that like them too.

http://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2020_10/1222510949_Bayou124RN.thumb.jpg.9ba7735cedca56d35576d19e6febba90.jpg

Seriously?
That would be unacceptable to me, and I have an order pending with them now. Did you reach out to inquire about what happened? I’d surely like to know why they did that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Cuz said:

Did you reach out to inquire about what happened?

I only sent Bayou an email letting them know what happened.  I did not request any further action from them, but let them know I wasn't pleased.

I would be curious to know why this happened myself.  At least I have some bullets to load now.

On 10/5/2020 at 1:00 AM, mrclean77 said:

Two recent orders, first time using either company - happy with both

DG 230gr RN x 1k

Ordered: 09/11/20

Shipping notification: 09/22/20

Arrival: 09/25/20

X-Treme 200gr FP x 1k

Ordered: 09/21/20

Shipping notification: none, and I woulda waited a good while longer before bugging em

Arrival: 10/03/20 (conveniently were waiting at home for me so as to replace the DGs which were apparently taken earlier at a match that day by somebody named Mike)

EDIT:

I did receive a shipping notification from X-Treme on 09/29, my phone had updated and I wasn’t logged back into my email. 

Missouri sent me an email.  They are backed up way more than they originally estimated.  When I ordered In August the estimate was 4-6 weeks.  The email said that they still need another 3-4 weeks to ship August orders 

On 9/29/2020 at 1:32 PM, Rich406 said:

I don’t get why bullet manufacturers are so far behind, when primers have been non existent for 5+ months now.......

I heard all the lead smelters in the USA have been shut down for pollution reasons, thanks bin 0bama, so they are all waiting on shipments from overseas, namely china, so that may be the biggest hold up. 

18 minutes ago, weeniewawa said:

I heard all the lead smelters in the USA have been shut down for pollution reasons, thanks bin 0bama, so they are all waiting on shipments from overseas, namely china, so that may be the biggest hold up. 

Y'all heard this ... where?  This sounds like the old Web myth, last debunked in 2013.  Any actual data?