Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recent bullet orders

konkapot

19 minutes ago, ML123 said:

I ordered from BBI on August 21 and USPS still shows the package is stuck in TN.

They probably just printed the shipping label but haven’t actually shipped it yet.

RMR reloading does the same thing. They printed the shipping label the day after I placed my order (August 4th) but didn’t ship the bullets until August 27. The packages arrived on August 31 and September 1st.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don’t print out the label until it is ready to ship. We don’t keep labels just laying around. The USPS problem here is not with the Alamo office even though I despise the postmaster there. It is with the Memphis hub which is down over 400 employees due to COVID. The reason it show leaving Alamo is because it has and it will sit in a truck in Memphis until they have the personnel to unload. Starting Monday will be shipping all 500 and 1000 Qty orders UPS as well as a 48 lb UPS case. We will continue to use USPS for the 65lb case but each case will be fully insured at no additional cost. We always made sure to warn everyone on our website of the USPS delays but then again not everyone pays attention to those details and included what the options are if the product gets severely delayed ( past 28 days). Actually had an order shipped in 7/19 that showed up on 8/3. I always love to here all of the speculation and conspiracy theories that go on when stuff like this is happening.  

We don’t print out the label until it is ready to ship. We don’t keep labels just laying around. The USPS problem here is not with the Alamo office even though I despise the postmaster there. It is with the Memphis hub which is down over 400 employees due to COVID. The reason it show leaving Alamo is because it has and it will sit in a truck in Memphis until they have the personnel to unload. Starting Monday will be shipping all 500 and 1000 Qty orders UPS as well as a 48 lb UPS case. We will continue to use USPS for the 65lb case but each case will be fully insured at no additional cost. We always made sure to warn everyone on our website of the USPS delays but then again not everyone pays attention to those details and included what the options are if the product gets severely delayed ( past 28 days). Actually had an order shipped in 7/19 that showed up on 8/3. I always love to here all of the speculation and conspiracy theories that go on when stuff like this is happening.  

Amazing how disproportionate the amount of government employees affected by covid is compared to those in the private sector...[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, iflyskyhigh said:

Amazing how disproportionate the amount of government employees affected by covid is compared to those in the private sector...emoji848.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also amazing how no govt employees have been laid off as a result of the Chinese virus... nice to have deep pockets and unlimited funding while small businesses are scrambling to keep employees, even if it means paying them while the business is closed.  The bullet manufacturers I've talked to got hammered by state mandated shut downs and are now scrambling to catch up.  God bless America and the small business working men & women who make it great!

7 hours ago, cslafrain said:

No issues here with the shipping or customer service you guys have provided. Thank you for keeping up with the demand.

7 hours ago, mvmojo said:

Also amazing how no govt employees have been laid off as a result of the Chinese virus... nice to have deep pockets and unlimited funding while small businesses are scrambling to keep employees, even if it means paying them while the business is closed.  The bullet manufacturers I've talked to got hammered by state mandated shut downs and are now scrambling to catch up.  God bless America and the small business working men & women who make it great!

Part time employees where I work have been eliminated and there will be reductions in pay and further cuts ( jobs) if the reduction in people working persists. Government is affected just like everyone else and usually hires later than the private sector when things improve. I know a few people who work for the USPS and I am hearing strange things about what is going on there. 
Working in the public sector does not make you immune to this problem. Just ask all of the early childhood educators from our campus. 

8 hours ago, JimmyZip said:

Part time employees where I work have been eliminated and there will be reductions in pay and further cuts ( jobs) if the reduction in people working persists. Government is affected just like everyone else and usually hires later than the private sector when things improve. I know a few people who work for the USPS and I am hearing strange things about what is going on there. 
Working in the public sector does not make you immune to this problem. Just ask all of the early childhood educators from our campus. 

Yup. Government employee here. We are going through huge budget cuts and reduced staffing as well. With nobody working, nobody is paying taxes either. Not sure how they expect this to end...

On 8/18/2020 at 7:54 PM, Joe4d said:

I disagree, USPS isnt subsidizing bullet makers. 
Ground shipping is generally a volume thing, not a weight issue. Use a standard size box and it fits in the trucks, machinery better. So you get a discount, flat rate. Saves the post office time and money, saves the customers money.

USPS is subsidizing a considerable different industry's by undercutting UPS and FedEx on weight.    We have hardware (nuts and bolts) vendors offering free shipping with USPS flat rate.  Industry that makes steel brackets used for fabrication, uses custom made double wall liners for the weak USPS flat rate boxes to support “Free shipping on orders over X”.   However USPS is the only options they use.   MidWay, Grafs and Mid South are the only vendors I have received bullets from that shipped W/O using USPS.  Grated most those orders were large, last Grafs order came on a pallet.    100% of the bullet direct companies I have received orders from shipped USPS flat rate.   Unfortunately if USPS dropped their weights to like 10lbs, the bullet direct guys would very much have to raise their prices to stay in business.  

My last RMR orders arrived about 3 weeks after ordering even with the warnings on the site it would take longer.   Included hand written “sorry for the delay” notes on the packing lists. 

UPS has flat rate boxes as well but I don't believe as much weight is allowed compared to USPS. Above chandler said they were starting to make cases to ship via UPS so we will see how that works. I have a box with him that shipped 9/3 that is still in alamo so I'll give the smaller ups case a try as well.

For anyone in need of coated bullets, I placed an order with SNS late last week for some 180gr .40 cal and they just arrived today. Can't beat that for shipping!

I haven't shot SNS yet, but they seem to be very consistent. Every round measured exactly .4015. My Blue Bullets measured around .399. Not sure what the increased diameter will do for me, but I guess I'll find out!

12 minutes ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Just looked at SNS and didn't see anything in stock and it says to check back later.

Put in another BBI order today via UPS so we will see how that goes.

Lol. I did the same yesterday. UPS has been pretty consistent. USPS, not so much.

On 9/10/2020 at 4:06 PM, RaylanGivens said:

How are you purchasing bullets from Precision Delta?

*DUE TO AN UNUSUALLY HIGH VOLUME OF ORDERS, PLEASE ALLOW FOR EXTENDED ORDER PROCESSING TIMES*I

I see the above note on their site, but no "Order" button...  There is a 'Save to Wishlist' button.

I had no problems on  9-7-20  I was told after ordering it would take about 8-10 weeks

Edited by kellymc

I ordered bullets from Bayou when they were showing 5-6 weeks, and I expected them in by the end of this month.  But now they are showing 8-12 weeks, so which applies?  We shall see.

Today I caught a bullet I like in stock at Xtreme and ordered some.  The last time I did that, it was ten days delivery but shorted, which took several communications to straighten out and get the rest of my order.  Hope they do better this time.

Ordered yesterday, 9-14, from PD and they have shipped today with FEDEX. This is extremely fast...but I checked the site daily twice if they have anything in stock for what I wanted. And the order should be here on the 17th....great!!

On 9/15/2020 at 3:12 PM, RudyVey said:

Ordered yesterday, 9-14, from PD and they have shipped today with FEDEX. This is extremely fast...but I checked the site daily twice if they have anything in stock for what I wanted. And the order should be here on the 17th....great!!

What bullets did you order?

BBI update:

Ordered a case of 125s on 8/31, shipped 9/3 and has been stuck in Alamo since then in the Accepted status.

Ordered one of the new UPS sized cases on Monday, shipped Tuesday, UPS is tracking delivery for tomorrow.

I would buy more UPS cases from him but I already have 2 more cases on order elsewhere. 

Have you been finding the orders shipped via USPS are faster on the smaller quantity orders ?

I ordered 3,600 coated 9mm and it took 5 weeks.

Same time frame I'd made orders of  1,000 ct (9mm)   or  600 ct (.45),  or 700 (.40) and they've been arriving in a week or so.

My rest of 8/11 order at RMR showed up today so their still chugging along. 😁 I think a lot of places just quit shipping to catch up with production and will send a slug of bullets out in one swoop. Ought to really make USPS whine.