Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recent bullet orders

konkapot

If anyone is looking for some nice, Hi-Tek coated bullets at a reasonable price, check out Hoosier Bullets and Training.  92% Lead, 6% Antimony, 2% Tin and BHN 16.  I just got some 38s and 9mm, and I also got some 9mm several weeks ago.  They seem to try to keep making stock.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TRSmith said:

If anyone is looking for some nice, Hi-Tek coated bullets at a reasonable price, check out Hoosier Bullets and Training.  92% Lead, 6% Antimony, 2% Tin and BHN 16.  I just got some 38s and 9mm, and I also got some 9mm several weeks ago.  They seem to try to keep making stock.

Thanks, I just ordered some pew pew pew thingys :)

32 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

Wow. You must have done something wrong with your order. I ordered mine and they were on my doorstep in 0:08:37. You should probably order them again to see if that helps.

Ha ha, you funny guy Joe.

One issue I'm running into us that no one who's shipping right now seems to stock my preferred bullet - the .40 200gr RN that SNS casts. Given how precious primers are, I'm not super keen on laddering something new. 

Anyone here know a company that casts those?

image.thumb.png.6eb6da89586358a31bc5960496c6597e.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 5:02 PM, risingsun said:

My BBI order I placed on Sept 14 arrived today via USPS in perfect condition.

Thank you @cslafrain!!

Now just waiting for my SDB which is still at Dillon for RMA. This happened a few weeks ago:

IMG_3731.jpg.a5a81309a0b5a1ce57a0d35b73debbef.jpg

I have this beginning to happen on one of mine set up for 45. So far the crack has not moved in a couple thousand rounds but is exactly in the same spot as yours! I wonder when youll see it back? 

On 1/7/2021 at 4:06 PM, Squirrel45 said:

I have this beginning to happen on one of mine set up for 45. So far the crack has not moved in a couple thousand rounds but is exactly in the same spot as yours! I wonder when youll see it back? 

I wouldn't hesitate to just send it back for RMA. Mine came back exactly 14 days after the day I sent it to Dillon. I did send it back via USPS priority/express, so it took about 2-3 days for the press to reach them from NC. They paid the shipping on the way back.

Since it came back, I adjusted the height of the bench, so that when I press down, I won't slam down the handle and contribute too much pressure to cause that crack.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jubi351 said:

Donnie has been my go to for bullets, he's never raised prices.

...have an order in the queue from the beginning of December, so he is running at least 7 weeks behind. 

Edit: Just checked the site...12-14 weeks backlog now. It's getting crazy out there still. 

Edited by Terp

FYI, on January 16th (of this year), I ordered 2550 180gr .40 cal Blue Bullets. They just arrived today. Took only eleven days from the time I placed my order. That's damn good. I haven't received the 9mm that placed in the same order, but it's all good. Happy to have the .40.

2 hours ago, SJBriggs said:

FYI, on January 16th (of this year), I ordered 2550 180gr .40 cal Blue Bullets. They just arrived today. Took only eleven days from the time I placed my order. That's damn good. I haven't received the 9mm that placed in the same order, but it's all good. Happy to have the .40.

Glad to hear it! I'm now on Week 20 of waiting for Gallant to ship...

11 hours ago, matteekay said:

Glad to hear it! I'm now on Week 20 of waiting for Gallant to ship...

They just changed the 'sold out' on their 9mm 147grs on the website to allow orders yesterday; sold out again, but assumed that meant they had some in stock...guess they're just catching up and ensuring they keep the order pipeline full as they struggle to meet demand.

14 minutes ago, Terp said:

They just changed the 'sold out' on their 9mm 147grs on the website to allow orders yesterday; sold out again, but assumed that meant they had some in stock...guess they're just catching up and ensuring they keep the order pipeline full as they struggle to meet demand.

That's... kinda awful.

1 hour ago, Terp said:

I hope they are just adding to their backlog and not actually fulfilling those orders right away. I had a subscription order that was supposed to go out early December but instead of actually planning ahead and fulfilling subscription orders on time they charged my card and said it'd be a 10-12 week wait. They are really dropping the ball on this IMO and I am seriously considering switching to another brand after things calm down. If they aren't going to fulfill subscriptions on time then they should at least be notifying those with subscriptions that they are no longer honoring them. 

On 1/23/2021 at 2:13 PM, Terp said:

...have an order in the queue from the beginning of December, so he is running at least 7 weeks behind. 

Edit: Just checked the site...12-14 weeks backlog now. It's getting crazy out there still. 

I have four case size orders on the books. The oldest is from early November, sill waiting so I think the 14 weeks is probably the minimum. I don't want to be impatient or unreasonable and I understand it is a small organization and I don't want them to suffer for no good reason as I have enough to last quite a while. 

But still, four orders is $1000 total that I have already paid for weeks ago. I think it is normal to be anxious when you have that much money on the hook. And given that handloaders are a small percentage of firearms users and those who order case lots of coated bullets an even smaller percentage and yet the industry is literally crippled because people are throwing money at the suppliers hand over fist.

2 minutes ago, Lileric1988 said:

My gallant order from August just shipped after being told it would ship no later than January 25th when i emailed them early january. I had to send another email and they finally shipped it out 3 days ago. 

I was told my order from 9/9 "might ship by the end of February".