Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I wish Production wasn't dying

j1b

47 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

lol, that seems fair. It sure seems to get under people's skin. I think at the higher level this generalization breaks down, because pretty much all M+ level pistol shooters can reload decently, but amongst the masses it's pretty plain that they are not good at reloading (and lots of other stuff) and it takes them alot of time and makes the game less fun for them.

But I think that even more supports the point that they should spend the time practicing their shooting instead of reloading, no?

Civilian reloads for self defense are vanishingly rare. Compared to improving their index and recoil management and transitions, I wouldn’t mind if reloads went away on classifiers too. 

If we are not even talking about “fun” but talking about “value,” I think people are voting with their wallets.

It’s not because they’re lazy or they don’t practice. It’s that they have more important things to do and budget their development with. That holds even more for the C/B shooters. 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, -JCN- said:

It’s not because they’re lazy or they don’t practice. It’s that they have more important things to do and budget their development with. That holds even more for the C/B shooters. 

That makes sense. It also explains why people watch cooking shows and reality tv. They are simply  making a rational allocation of limited resources......

5 minutes ago, -JCN- said:

>> But I think that even more supports the point that they should spend the time practicing their shooting instead of reloading, no?

Civilian reloads for self defense are vanishingly rare <<

If they are really practicing their shooting ... Hopefully ... the threat would have expired anyhow by the 11th round. 

3 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

That makes sense. It also explains why people watch cooking shows and reality tv. They are simply  making a rational allocation of limited resources......

Sarcasm is hard to assess over the Internet. 

If you have a C class shooter, they don’t have a developed index. If they have 30 min to practice per day, then maybe they’d be better off spending that time practicing index and transitions over reloading? 

For self defense skills, would index be more important than reloading skills?

I vote yes. 

Cooking shows can be educational. 
Reality TV IMO is a waste of time to me. 
But people also spend millions of dollars watching professional sports too. 

2 hours ago, -JCN- said:

But I think that even more supports the point that they should spend the time practicing their shooting instead of reloading, no?

Civilian reloads for self defense are vanishingly rare. Compared to improving their index and recoil management and transitions, I wouldn’t mind if reloads went away on classifiers too. 

If we are not even talking about “fun” but talking about “value,” I think people are voting with their wallets.

I don't know if I'm good or not that great at reloading.  I'm definitely very good at earning penalties.

Even if I was a master at reloading, I bet I'd still be a pretty solid B shooter on my best day though--I don't think it's reloads that make the difference in any division.

4 hours ago, B_RAD said:

This forum

Start a thread about something you think is interesting and I am not being a smartass I am being serious. Start a thread about something that you feel made you better and then answer some questions that us goobers think up. We could benefit from your experience and maybe some more top GMs like you and Cha lee might chime in. I think it would be interesting, could even help you with your burnout 

• 3 weeks later...

Stats from a recent match.

C.O.         28

PCC         13

Prod        13

Limited    12

Open        8

SS            8

CO is the biggest but still good numbers for the rest, except for Revolver.

On 12/21/2021 at 1:42 PM, Tunachaser said:

Stats from a recent match.

C.O.         28

PCC         13

Prod        13

Limited    12

Open        8

SS            8

CO is the biggest but still good numbers for the rest, except for Revolver.

😳 surprised open had less numbers TBH

4 hours ago, Sinister4 said:

allow irons to be shot in CO as well but just my opinion

It was like this for the first nationals but they got scared someone would win it without an optic and quickly changed it. I don't think that's a real concern and I'd be fine with that change.

the real reason is Stoeger joked about shooting it with no optic and they were skeered he'd beat everyone.

Personally I think losing the optic requirement would be a good change. Most obvious benefit is you could keep shooting if your optic goes down and you don't have a backup. 

1 hour ago, waktasz said:

It was like this for the first nationals but they got scared someone would win it without an optic and quickly changed it. I don't think that's a real concern and I'd be fine with that change.

i'd probably move from limited to "iron production/optic" if it was a class, as would afew of my friends we yack about it a bunch, be nice to have  "actual production/stock" and the iron/optic thing  

Edited by Sinister4

"but with our members you never know.  Sad really. " 

Well, it ain't just me then. When I ask about an omission or just weirdness in the rulebook (e.g. virtual walls that a bullet can't pass through but your hand can reach under to grab a magazine, the rather bizarre reshoot ruling a couple months back, etc) it is always the fault of the members and not the rules. 

image.png

34 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

"but with our members you never know.  Sad really. " 

Well, it ain't just me then. When I ask about an omission or just weirdness in the rulebook (e.g. virtual walls that a bullet can't pass through but your hand can reach under to grab a magazine, the rather bizarre reshoot ruling a couple months back, etc) it is always the fault of the members and not the rules. 

image.png

Years ago, i asked how you could shoot at a target, through a wall, and not get an FTE, when all all walls are supposed to be "inpenetrable". 

The only answer I got was "They shot at the target". I countered with "They shot at the wall and the wall, by the rules, is inpenetrable"..."The target was behind the wall, therefore they shot at the target"

Much as I grouse about IDPA rules (hmmm, could part of the problem with rules be me, Naw, not possible :)) I like it that if you have a major brain fart, or try to get cute, and shoot through designated hard cover then you get to go to the Dairy Queen and think about it.

1 hour ago, GrumpyOne said:

Years ago, i asked how you could shoot at a target, through a wall, and not get an FTE, when all all walls are supposed to be "inpenetrable". 

Had the same thing happen this year while I had the timer at a USPSA local. Wasn't exactly sure what to do about it but the acting rm was on my squad so I asked him (don't remember if he got the FTE or just the two mikes). It was kind of a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment in real time.