Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I wish Production wasn't dying

j1b

On 1/25/2022 at 5:27 PM, motosapiens said:

Personally I think having a separate ss and prod is stupid in steel challenge. I always register limited if I shoot locally.

I've thought the same. At a my SS and Limited guns shooting minor are pretty much the same. I'd probably just shoot my SS gun in both because I think it's a cooler gun. If I had a prod gun, I see no reason I couldn't do just as well with that against the others if I had too. 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, shred said:

12 people is twice as many as in the Olympic 100m finals, but everyone knows Usain's gonna win, so why run?

Because one day, someone will beat him… It’s the same reason that runners kept trying to break the 4-minute mile, some thought it was impossible, so it created a kind of ‘mental wall’ for the athlete.

Once Bannister broke the 4-minute then others managed it too, it was likely easier for them because know they knew it could be done.

1 hour ago, shred said:

12 people is twice as many as in the Olympic 100m finals, but everyone knows Usain's gonna win, so why run?

not only not true (sprint finals are 8 runners, and Bolt didn't win the last one), but even if it were, it's not really the world's best comparison. an 8 person final where thousands of athletes in 100+ countries tried to qualify, and a field of 100 or so qualifiers at the olympics is narrowed down to the best 8 through preliminary rounds is definitely more interesting than a 12-person event, where only 12 people in the entire world signed up and most of them aren't within 20% of the winner.

Edited by motosapiens

5 hours ago, shred said:

I think the point is more, if there were separate  99.99, 100, 100.01 meter races and only 12 people registered for the 100.01 meter race and you could look at the results from the past and see that there really is no difference between the different races as far as time speed or strategy having separate races makes no sense 

Edited by MikeBurgess