Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are local matches in your area getting canceled?

forty5cal1911

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far no local USPSA or SCSA matches have been cancelled.  My home club closed yesterday for a minimum of 15 days.  Supposedly you will be permitted on the property, but all the club houses, toilets and ranges are closed.

Not trying to split hairs, but "groups" arguably, are squads. A squad of 10 is certainly a group of 10. 60 shooters spread across 6 stages and 100 yards +/- does not, to me, equal a "group" of 60. Maybe curtail the ever so important shooter's meeting at the beginning of the match. 

13 minutes ago, konkapot said:

Not trying to split hairs, but "groups" arguably, are squads. A squad of 10 is certainly a group of 10. 60 shooters spread across 6 stages and 100 yards +/- does not, to me, equal a "group" of 60. Maybe curtail the ever so important shooter's meeting at the beginning of the match. 

meanwhile everybody touches the tape, paint, plates, nooks, etc.

Not sure that steel plates are effective at transmitting viruses. There are solutions to most of the other items as well. 

If an individual didn't feel comfortable attending a match they wouldn't be required to. 

20 minutes ago, konkapot said:

Not sure that steel plates are effective at transmitting viruses. There are solutions to most of the other items as well. 

If an individual didn't feel comfortable attending a match they wouldn't be required to. 

by required, you mean what?  there are major matches that are NOT allowing any refunds regardless.

We just called off our last indoor match for the year this Sunday.  At this point our outdoor match at the end of April is still a go.  We only called off the indoor because its indoor.  We feel that outdoors will still be safe enough and will let the shooters make the call for them self.

I was 50/50 on a match down in Rochester.  We wanted to go but figured we’d get turned around at the border.  The MD cancelled the match so the choice was made for us.  Whew.

reallllllly hoping things open up by late April, got a big outlaw steel match in Pa along with picking up a new press.  Way too cost prohibitive to ship across the border.

One of the local uspsa clubs just sent out an email today anouncing cancellation till further notice. I expect my local IDPA to follow before next weekends match. Last Sunday's IDPA match still had 40 shoots which was normal. I am in Miami Florida area.

Edited by nick954

14 hours ago, konkapot said:

The county my local range is in just banned groups over 10, indoors or out, "sporting events" mentioned specifically.  Not looking good for the next 6 weeks.