Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are local matches in your area getting canceled?

forty5cal1911

10 hours ago, bcp said:

I'm getting a lot of email notices of matches being cancelled in TX.  Hopefully refunds will be coming.  Crazy season but this too shall pass.

APSC in Austin cancelled all USPSA/Steel Challenge for the time being.

Travis County (Austin) has a ten person ban so that figures.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine hasn't yet that I know of. Had a USPSA and a 2-Gun match this past weekend. The USPSA was lighter than usual (46 people), the 2-Gun a little more people (41) I think. We have an Action Steel scheduled for Saturday and there are 90 people signed. No mention anywhere about it being cancelled. We have 5_Stand, Sporting Clays and Skeet during the week as well as the Orange Blossom Regionals that are supposed to be going on. No news of anything being cancelled. Then again our club sucks when it comes to communication. Haven't been there this week yet, I'm headed down Thursday so maybe that info will change. 

I heard that Volusia County cancelled their matches. Not 100% sure though. 

I was off to a strong start with 11 matches this year as of 7 Mar. Now between weather and virus, zip. The county ordered a 2 week closure of our range facility yesterday. I am guessing that it will extend beyond that. We have another club with a private range and one on an Indian reservation so technically things may continue. If that is a good idea remains to be determined.

State of Wisconsin is regulating any gathering or more than 10 people so all matches look to be closed.

I shoot at a private range so I'm hoping they won't just close the range as I want to get out and test some reloads this weekend.

GSSF Match nearby postponed 6 months, local matches at Quantico are cancelled for the foreseeable future.  Not sure if the fredericksburg monthly matches are cancelled but I predict they will be.

On 3/16/2020 at 8:48 PM, Rich406 said:

Montana matches are still on. As much as I’d like to, I don’t plan on attending, even if they actually take place. 

Agreed as much as I hate it the wife and I are trying to play hermits for the immediate future.  

I was actually relieved that a large match I had signed up for in April and was on 2 teams is being postponed.  I hated to back out but I was going to.

I've only had a little over 1 year of Retirement!

Now I have no excuse but to finish the basement, almost there.  I just hope Brown Santa doesn't stop making runs, I may need more bullets and brass.

I got one outdoor match in this season, and managed to throw up a M classifier. Guess that’ll have to tide me over for a while. Good time to load ammo, dry fire, and work on guns. I’m only retired 5 month, I ain’t going out this quickly. 

Jealous of the personal outdoor range.  I used to have that but not in TX.  Most of the ranges around here are setup for the very casual user with their 1/2 box of factory ammo (from last time they came to the range).  I can't even pattern a shotgun in most of DFW.

Ok...off rant.  Back to your regular programming.  

On 3/18/2020 at 1:02 PM, Nathanb said:

We don’t start our season until third week of April but the discussion. Is now ongoing to forego April.  

It would figure that the first match at your club that I can actually make will be cancelled ;-> Bummer!

two local clubs said they're continuing to do matches, but check-in & payment are outside the clubhouse/office and keeping squads at 10.

fredericksburg mentioned above did cancel their april match.

Maui County government officials have  issued a directive to close the public shooting range as of tomorrow morning. Closure length is undetermined at this time. 

Edited by HI5-O

Just saw on Practiscore that the Action Steel Match at Port Malabar on 03/21 is cancelled. Stuff was all setup today when I went out. No communication from the club about any of the other matches though. 

Our governor put the Kabash on pretty much all matches in Texas. Can't have more than 10 people at a gathering. Every one in the Houston metro & as far as I can tell across the state are cancelled or postponed.

gerritm

13 hours ago, RobW said:

It would figure that the first match at your club that I can actually make will be cancelled ;-> Bummer!

It’s still in the air but I can foresee it happening. Lots of work to do at the club and this has put a damper on getting things done 

Our USPSA match tomorrow is skipping the shooters meeting and the awards gathering. You just show up in your first bay at 10AM. We get to shoot the match and see the results on Practicscore. So, we will be outdoors breathing fresh air on a 1/4 acre at a time with a few people for the day. Much less hazardous than the trip to the indoor grocery store. Meanwhile we have Governors banning things they know nothing about but keeping grocery stores open. Kind of like common sense gun control.