Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are local matches in your area getting canceled?

forty5cal1911

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this weekend's uspsa match cancelled at one local club.  i dunno, everyone's pretty spread out, it's outdoors.  RO and the Shooter are somewhat close.  easy enough to keep hands away from face and wash after the match from timer and nook/ipad handoffs.

3 minutes ago, davsco said:

this weekend's uspsa match cancelled at one local club.  i dunno, everyone's pretty spread out, it's outdoors.  RO and the Shooter are somewhat close.  easy enough to keep hands away from face and wash after the match from timer and nook/ipad handoffs.

Kinda my thinking.... I understand the need for caution at this point though.

Our locals are dropping like flies all of a sudden. The first two to cancel were directed by the club BOD to do so. We still have a few others that might happen but the CDC has stated the preferred group max is now 10 so it's getting kind of hard to get away with just saying your group is only as big as a squad. LOL I think Ohio is staring an outright travel ban right in the face so that will kill everything.

One of our local clubs shutdown through April.  Haven't heard from others or the indoor weekly match.  Seems like the spring outdoor season is probably going to be a wash with the way things are going.  Might actually have to use some of my time to practice at my own range instead of shooting locals every weekend.

Has any clubs tried the "drive-through" idea?  Basically the setup crew get the stages up ahead of time, since everyone is stuck at home being bored to death anyways.  Every shooter is notified to come at a specific time slot assigned to shoot through all stages.  People not shooting can wait in/around their cars.   That way, it's a gathering of only 3-4 people at max at any given bay.   It's for level 1 matches so shooter probably can just paste/reset after each of his/her stage run after being scored.  The challenge is to find ROs who are willing to stay in the bays for extended period of time.  Also there won't be any social interactions which sucks for a lot of people. 

1 minute ago, Dazhi said:

Has any clubs tried the "drive-through" idea?  Basically the setup crew get the stages up ahead of time, since everyone is stuck at home being bored to death anyways.  Every shooter is notified to come at a specific time slot assigned to shoot through all stages.  People not shooting can wait in/around their cars.   That way, it's a gathering of only 3-4 people at max at any given bay.   It's for level 1 matches so shooter probably can just paste/reset after each of his/her stage run after being scored.  The challenge is to find ROs who are willing to stay in the bays for extended period of time.  Also there won't be any social interactions which sucks for a lot of people. 

I like it

I would be very surprised if there are any matches through the end of April.

From what I have read:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10163742243430144&id=717360143

It's possible if enough people practice social distancing this thing could be over sooner. But from what I have seen people are not willing or able to completely do it on their own. It might require outright travel bans to get people to take it seriously.

This really sucks. Hope it doesn't drag out for months.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Was lined up to shoot a lvl 2 at the CMP in Talledega AL this next weekend. They tried until the bitter end but had to cancel it yesterday due to a large number of dropouts. Lack of sufficient RO staff.

As bad as I wanted to shoot it, this is probably for the best. And for a little icing on the cake, due to oil prices dropping like my points on a classifier, I'm headed to my company office to be laid off. 

Hopefully this bug will be gone soon. Hope everyone manages to stay clear of it and wish you all good health. 

Regards - PTR

Yesterday Dundee Practical Shooters made the decision to cancel our March match,  April is a wait and see at this point. we based our decision on the CDC recommendations, unfortunately there are so many unknowns in this and nobody has a playbook that covers this situation, so we are all just stumbling along the best we can