Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA President Out?

ltdmstr

hmm... I'm rather glad I'm in the dark.  At this point it seems the BOD is worried about someone making uspsa look bad (or being critical), but from where I sit in my dark room its the BOD that has that rep... overly heavy handed. 
I rather liked YML.. and the open book way he was doing things.  very refreshing. I'de like to hear his side of the story.

Ill go back to u my locals now.. having a blast.. and sans the back office drama.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I miss the old days before the intra-nets when the politicians and heads of organizations quietly played their cloak and dagger duchebaggery quietly in the background while the peons enjoyed ourselves oblivious to it all.

16 hours ago, vluc said:

According to reports of what YML told others:

Not resetting stage correctly 

Not reading the WSB correctly 

Calling Deltas as Dicks when scoring

No progressive commentary or counseling, no warning, removal of RO certification. 

Who truly knows. 

Such BS. He has been doing this for years, so I can't see him not resetting correctly. 

As long as the directions for shooting the stage are read the same, while technically part of the wsb the sponsor/ro intro and any administrative notes are not important to competitors and have no impact on competitive equity

WA and CA have specific laws about sexual harassment and I don't think calling deltas dicks really fits any of them. Otherwise anyone saying dick in public is committing sexual harassment

Was he even warned or talked to during the match by the RM that filed the complaint? Apparently no one corroborated or claimed to be a victim or chose to come forward as a witness according to some reporting. 

23 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

So the removal of a newly elected president happens and no body makes a statement ?!!! 
Does the board represent the members ? Or does the board represent themselves. 
why no statement ?

That does seem like something that would warrant at least a blurb on the website or Facebook page. I would understand them keeping it in the member section of the website, but I haven't seen anything about it there

I doubt there will be much in the way of specific information about the alleged incident(s) that led to the suspension.

I think it's likely that this is going to end in litigation, in which case all parties would probably be advised to stay silent on the issue, especially YML.

It would be handy to know as an RO, what specific things you do can get you kicked out of being an ro without any warning. 

I would hate for someone to be roing a major and dnroi walk by and hear something he didn't like and auto ban somebody. I mean, if he can do that to the president, what about the rest of the peons that are roing

Didn't YML get in trouble for playing music at Nat's a few years back? History of bad behavior for sure.

Seriously though, I've shot a few matches he was CRO at and I felt he did a great job and knew walking up to the stage it was likely to go smoothing and I wasn't getting shafted by a bad call. He's a good dude, hopefully this gets sorted out because I feel like he probably got the shaft here. 

12 minutes ago, RJH said:

It would be handy to know as an RO, what specific things you do can get you kicked out of being an ro without any warning. 

Thats a fair point, it does beg the question if this was a pattern of behavior or something that happened at a single match.

It will be interesting to see if any warnings were issued prior to the removal of his qualification. I can't recall if any of the recently-banned members were given any warnings prior to suspension.

1 hour ago, RJH said:

I would hate for someone to be roing a major and dnroi walk by and hear something he didn't like

I guess I'll have to be on my best behavior at Nationals. Maybe I'll only speak in range commands.

"How's it going so far?"
*friendly nod* "Stand by."

52 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Thats a fair point, it does beg the question if this was a pattern of behavior or something that happened at a single match.

It will be interesting to see if any warnings were issued prior to the removal of his qualification. I can't recall if any of the recently-banned members were given any warnings prior to suspension.

It's related to being an outsider that several of the BoD don't like.  He's worked nearly 50 majors hundreds of locals without any complaints filed. 

Just now, broadside72 said:

It's related to being an outsider that several of the BoD don't like.

I think this is speculative until we hear something definitive from the BOD. If you're right and there have been no prior instances of problems then it will carry the appearance of retaliation. If a court finds the same way then financially the organization would be finished as its not just unlawful termination, there could be the issue of slander/libel too.

1 hour ago, RJH said:

I would hate for someone to be roing a major and dnroi walk by and hear something he didn't like and auto ban somebody. I mean, if he can do that to the president, what about the rest of the peons that are roing

Could get to the point of not having ro's?

3 hours ago, Schutzenmeister said:

It seems the NROI.org Blog article today may be a precursor to explaining what happened ... Read it for yourself and see what you think.

The NROI Discipline Procedure

Certain portions of it appear to me to have been very carefully worded.

I agree - looks like some form of damage control to try to cover them legally. 

On a side note, this may be the straw that ends up breaking the camel's back with regard to the membership's visibility and awareness of the political turmoil around the USPSA org. Compared to previous events around bans of certain members, or questions around financials, this is far more visible to the average USPSA member that otherwise isn't super involved

In addition, I know YML is well-liked in our regional Norcal area, which is also quite a large population of shooters (Richmond's last local had over 160 people). I expect word to spread quickly here on this topic…

Edited by whan

3 hours ago, RJH said:

I know I guy who got decertified for playing a prank totally unrelated to shooting

46 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I know I guy who got decertified for playing a prank totally unrelated to shooting

Was it at a match?  I mean that just Sounds ridiculous. i’m not doubting you.  

Edited by Zachjet