Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA President Out?

ltdmstr

Saw a post on reddit that the USPSA president is out.  Not clear if he was forced out, resigned, or what.  Anyone know if that's correct and what happened?  Not looking to start a b*tch-fest, just trying to find out what's going on.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Possibly disciplined by DNROI for alleged action while serving as an RO. Purportedly lost RO Cert, which is a requirement of the Presidential position.  Hopefully transparent, open and effective communication from USPSA will be forthcoming. 

11 hours ago, crmcdm said:

Possibly disciplined by DNROI for alleged action while serving as an RO. Purportedly lost RO Cert, which is a requirement of the Presidential position.  Hopefully transparent, open and effective communication from USPSA will be forthcoming. 

More info coming out now that another board member also doesn't have his RO cert yet continues to serve on the board... As someone new to the org this doesn't look good for USPSA or shooting sports in general. 

Edited by ColoradoNick

They’ve been emboldened by what they’ve gotten away with in the past 18 months. Sure, there is a short term uproar from a small portion of the membership, but they ignore it, and nothing comes of it. So the behavior continues to get worse.

hopefully, this might be the wake up call for the 80% of members that care about nothing other than their local match.  

The BOD has apparently ignored the RO requirement for one (new) BOD member and removed another member (President) under the same bylaw. This may be a lawsuit waiting to happen if the rules have not been applied evenly.

At this point it seems that there is a toxic environment within the USPSA leadership and some members of staff. 

31 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

They’ve been emboldened by what they’ve gotten away with in the past 18 months. Sure, there is a short term uproar from a small portion of the membership, but they ignore it, and nothing comes of it. So the behavior continues to get worse.

hopefully, this might be the wake up call for the 80% of members that care about nothing other than their local match.  

What exactly do you think the have been "emboldened" to do?

Disciplinary action for specific documented issues?

Following the bylaws for election positions?  (Noting that if a board member doesn't have an RO cert and nothing has been done, that's an issue if the bylaw was in place when the board member was elected, or it has been long enough since the bylaw was enacted for the board member to gain their certification.  I'm not sure what the situation is, though.) 

I guess I'm not certain exactly what part of the situation at hand you are thinking is the issue.

4 minutes ago, Thomas H said:

Following the bylaws for election positions?  (Noting that if a board member doesn't have an RO cert and nothing has been done, that's an issue if the bylaw was in place when the board member was elected, or it has been long enough since the bylaw was enacted for the board member to gain their certification.  I'm not sure what the situation is, though.) 

I guess I'm not certain exactly what part of the situation at hand you are thinking is the issue.

Going into that would almost certainly get this thread locked. 

But if you think there is nothing wrong you are kidding yourself. 

1 hour ago, Thomas H said:

AFAIK, both Pres and that AD in question were elected after the bylaw change. So selective enforcement

That is my understanding also.

Another thing to bear in mind is that YML has been a USPSA and IPSC RO for decades. If there was a record of improprieties then it seems likely his credentials would have been pulled a long time ago. 

6 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Another thing to bear in mind is that YML has been a USPSA and IPSC RO for decades. If there was a record of improprieties then it seems likely his credentials would have been pulled a long time ago. 

Correct

Pres has been RO/CRO/RM for almost 50 Level II or greater matches the last 10 years
Pres was RM prior two year Roadrunner matches as well as recent Grid Iron and Top gun match in area

Pres kept commit to help Roadrunner and was a stage CRO and probably knows everyone at the match personally

Edited by trgt
correct RO -> CRO

1 hour ago, BritinUSA said:

Another thing to bear in mind is that YML has been a USPSA and IPSC RO for decades. 

To the best of my knowledge and belief, YML is not and never has been IROA certified ... Just sayin' ...

Edit to add ... His USPSA profile also indicates he has never been a USPSA certified RO ...

Edited by Schutzenmeister

12 minutes ago, ColoradoNick said:

Why would it? Seems pretty relevant as a paying member of USPSA. 

Because Enos forums does not delve into the politics of USPSA. Also, Enos forums is completely independent from USPSA, so being a member of USPSA doesn't actually matter on these forums.

Generally speaking on these threads some questions happen, if we're lucky some facts actually get pointed out, and that usually is okay. But then many times people start doing a bunch of griping about the organization, griping about certain individuals in the organization, etc  and the threads get locked. 

If people just stick to the facts, without any personal attacks, sometimes these threads get to stay around

8 minutes ago, RJH said:

Because Enos forums does not delve into the politics of USPSA. Also, Enos forums is completely independent from USPSA, so being a member of USPSA doesn't actually matter on these forums.

Generally speaking on these threads some questions happen, if we're lucky some facts actually get pointed out, and that usually is okay. But then many times people start doing a bunch of griping about the organization, griping about certain individuals in the organization, etc  and the threads get locked. 

If people just stick to the facts, without any personal attacks, sometimes these threads get to stay around

I totally get that, I'm an active member on a number of different forums. It's definitely the right of Brian Enos to not allow political discussions to not allow it to turn sideways like it often does. It seems there's no way for USPSA members to communicate with each other though which is possibly (if the speculation is true) why this was allowed to happen to begin with. I'm kind of surprised no one has created a specific USPSA forum. In my experience it's more work for the moderators and admin but more beneficial for the membership to target the specific offenders vs a blanket ban on topics. 

Edited by ColoradoNick

Doodie, the unofficial Facebook one, has started to ask questions with little response. Now thst DNROI has the power to nuke you as an RO with no progressive discipline for any slight, people are wary of posting. 

I daresay they will be wary of working matches. Likewise elected positions that require said certification, like YML and the ADs, can be summarily removed by him - no review, no board approval.

4 hours ago, broadside72 said:

AFAIK, both Pres and that AD in question were elected after the bylaw change. So selective enforcement

Ah, thank you.  I couldn't remember when the bylaw change occurred, and I don't know if there was any "you have time to fix this" circumstances made.

3 hours ago, trgt said:

Correct

Pres has been RO/CRO/RM for almost 50 Level II or greater matches the last 10 years
Pres was RM prior two year Roadrunner matches as well as recent Grid Iron and Top gun match in area

Pres kept commit to help Roadrunner and was a stage CRO and probably knows everyone at the match personally

Yee-min Lin was a certified USPSA RM?

2 hours ago, RJH said:

Winner winner, chicken dinner!