Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA President Out?

ltdmstr

I think we ought not try to convict or acquit the man here on Enos.  We clearly DO NOT have all the facts of what is alleged to have happened.  We DO NOT know what the BoD has decided and/or recommended.  We DO NOT know if YML has appealed any decision.

In other words, the process is still officially in play.  We ought not second guess anything until there is more ACTUAL information available.

Give the process and principals the courtsey of time to go through the process.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we can all agree that removing the President is significant. What I would like to know is the following:

What was the complaint.

Who made the complaint. Did they have any communication with Troy or Board Members prior to making the complaint.

Who made the decision to pull the President's RO credentials. Was that done solely by Troy or in consultation with some or all of the Board. Was remedial action short of pulling the RO credential considered. 

What were the deliberations of the Board concerning this termination. 

How was the time period for nominating new candidates decided. 

1 minute ago, GJM said:

I think we can all agree that removing the President is significant. What I would like to know is the following:

What was the complaint.

Who made the complaint. Did they have any communication with Troy or Board Members prior to making the complaint.

Who made the decision to pull the President's RO credentials. Was that done solely by Troy or in consultation with some or all of the Board. Was remedial action short of pulling the RO credential considered. 

What were the deliberations of the Board concerning this termination. 

How was the time period for nominating new candidates decided. 

Bingo!

12 minutes ago, Schutzenmeister said:

I think we ought not try to convict or acquit the man here on Enos.  We clearly DO NOT have all the facts of what is alleged to have happened.  We DO NOT know what the BoD has decided and/or recommended.  We DO NOT know if YML has appealed any decision.

In other words, the process is still officially in play.  We ought not second guess anything until there is more ACTUAL information available.

Give the process and principals the courtsey of time to go through the process.

They will not publicly share anything more than he was removed following a complaint that lead to the revocation of his RO certification. 

While blatantly ignoring that A4D also needs removed for also lacking his RO certification. 

1 minute ago, BMSMB said:

They will not publicly share anything more than he was removed following a complaint that lead to the revocation of his RO certification. 

While you may end up being correct unless you have a crystal ball making hard and fast statements like that add nothing to the conversation.

Just now, GigG said:

While you may end up being correct unless you have a crystal ball making hard and fast statements like that add nothing to the conversation.

I'm basing my statement off the previous actions of the board. We have multiple org members who were suspended and they have still not been told why, let alone the rest of the members.

I hope that none of you and nobody else in the membership casts a vote for Yeemin's replacement, whoever the candidates are. Having total of 50 people participate in the voting process will be the first and immediate show of non-confidence to the board. 

2 minutes ago, BMSMB said:

I'm basing my statement off the previous actions of the board. We have multiple org members who were suspended and they have still not been told why, let alone the rest of the members.

While I'm not 100% sure who else you are talking about I'd bet that anyone that has been suspended does know why they were suspended. 

This case is significantly different than those considering the President of the org is involved.

4 minutes ago, BMSMB said:

While blatantly ignoring that A4D also needs removed for also lacking his RO certification. 

I only know what I have read online and things need to play out, the appeal should be public to the members but if the reason was to remove him as President due to lack of RO cert (no matter what the reasons are for the RO cert being revoked) then the A4D should be removed as well and not given an extension.

From my experience (although small sample size) non-profits have infighting issues which is unfortunate.

2 minutes ago, BMSMB said:

I agree. As far as I’m concerned the BoD has used up any benefit of doubt by all the shady stuff that’s been happening over the last 18 months. 

19 hours ago, RJH said:

It would be handy to know as an RO, what specific things you do can get you kicked out of being an ro without any warning. 

I would hate for someone to be roing a major and dnroi walk by and hear something he didn't like and auto ban somebody. I mean, if he can do that to the president, what about the rest of the peons that are roing

imho, these things would probably qualify:

1. showing up hungover and late as CRO for a national match.

2. failing to follow repeated directions from RM.

3. knowingly failing to follow the rules.

4. lack of integrity.

5. Wanton disrespect of shooters or staff.

I'm not saying the subject of this discussion was guilty of any of these things, but I'm also not aware of anyone who was every subjected to discipline 'without warning'. I've worked alot of big matches as a 'peon' and never had an issue with any RM that couldn't be easily resolved with a grownup discussion, and I'm definitely not worried about ever having my RO card pulled.

6 minutes ago, Covfefe said:

We shouldn’t have to rely on 2nd or 3rd hand allegations that damage otherwise sterling reputations. 

Hopefully the board will disclose the reason for this action. 

I think we can count on that ... But we have to allow time for the process to play out.

28 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

imho, these things would probably qualify:

1. showing up hungover and late as CRO for a national match.

2. failing to follow repeated directions from RM.

3. knowingly failing to follow the rules.

4. lack of integrity.

5. Wanton disrespect of shooters or staff.

I'm not saying the subject of this discussion was guilty of any of these things, but I'm also not aware of anyone who was every subjected to discipline 'without warning'. I've worked alot of big matches as a 'peon' and never had an issue with any RM that couldn't be easily resolved with a grownup discussion, and I'm definitely not worried about ever having my RO card pulled.

I noticed you do not have saying dick on your list. You might want to add that 😂😂

4 hours ago, Cuz said:

This kind of stuff has me wondering why I keep renewing my USPSA membership and RO certification. ...

Me too. 

Both USPSA and ICORE have been severely degraded by (what appears to be incompetent) Board decisions.  

Edited by varminter22

1 hour ago, YVK said:

I hope that none of you and nobody else in the membership casts a vote for Yeemin's replacement, whoever the candidates are. Having total of 50 people participate in the voting process will be the first and immediate show of non-confidence to the board. 

Yeah, but won’t it also get the guy they want “in” elected?

USPSA website is showing Yee Min as the president again on the contacts page. Curious if IT error, or if the board was surprised by the amount of backlash... or potential screening to reduce backlash while everything is finalized?

His classification page still doesn't show any RO certs

Edited by BMSMB

1 hour ago, varminter22 said:

Me too. 

Both USPSA and ICORE have been severely degraded by (what appears to be incompetent) Board decisions.  

Think thats in alot of organizations. Various officer duties are a thankless task, membership doesnt care or get involved, and the leaders end up more of a who's willing to do it, vs who is qualified or actually has support.
I am sure most older adults have been involved in various clubs or groups over the years that turn out exactly like that

Never going to happen but I think that the bylaws should be changed so that anything short of criminal activity would require an elected official subject to removal be raised and approved by the board, to then be given a special election by members to determine if the elected official should be removed after the complaint and appeal are made public to the membership. 

Voted in then only voted out (sans criminal activity)

2 hours ago, Cuz said:

Yeah, but won’t it also get the guy they want “in” elected?

It will but so what? Giving these new elections any hint of membership's support is more damaging than letting any puppet in, especially considering that all the power is consolidated with the board anyway. 

The only elections I am participating will be AD elections where I will vote against the incumbent regardless who else runs. 

April BOD Minutes have been posted here.

I don't think the extenuating circumstances surrounding A4D not having an RO certification are valid. According to other sources this person competed in numerous competitions after election and before Jan 1st. There is no provision in the bylaws to permit the condition to be waived or delayed. 

The minutes state that A4D and President are no longer eligible to vote in any decisions, but A4D has been voting since Jan 1st without the necessary qualification for office.

Edited by BritinUSA
typing errors

I just read the minutes.  While perhaps not a perfect solution, I am satisfied with the decisions and believe the board is trying to act in the best interest of all ... the president, AD4, and the members.

We do not live in a perfect world and this is certainly NOT a perfect situation.  We have lemons ... They've made lemonade.  Best analogy I've got ...