Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone know where to find primers?

48 minutes ago, konkapot said:

Eddie I'll need you to pick me up about 10k. Then, keep on heading north until you get to the DC area. Gimme a call, I'll meet you and buy you lunch and send you back home. Will pay for lunch. 

What a deal .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of stepped away from shooting and reloading for the last few months mostly due to shortages and my local 3 gun series being canceled this year.   I have been working on other projects while I decide what I want to do with shooting this year.  It has been awhile since I was in my LGS and for some stupid reason had an itch to buy a new gun so I went yesterday. 

My LGS was pretty well stocked with ammo on the shelves, and a full selection of primers and powder in on the shelves but the prices are insane.  $10-11/100 primers.  You can now buy 500 pistol and 500 rifle at a time but damn $110 for 1k primers!  Back in February they were $5-6/100 and you could only buy 100 at a time. I was stocking up by going everyday along with my wife, neighbors, friends etc.  When they went to $8/100 I stopped now they are $11 and it doesn't look like people in my area are rushing in to buy them and they had everything on the shelf small, large magnum BR etc.

I was able to get 2# of H335 for $70 and they are still rationing at 2# per day.  Oh yeah finally picked up a new carry gun, P365 tacpac which was on sale to scratch that gun buying itch lol!  Still no shotgun shells WTF on shotgun shells!?!?

As primers are almost impossible to obtain, unless you want to be gouged, scam sites are popping up all over the place. Two sites, I think, to be aware of are bulkammostore.com (Mass) barrelammodepot (Texas) Both have exactly the same web sites only the different names. There may be many others out there using the same exact web sites. They both offer prices that are so low as to be impossible. I believe another tip is incorrect spellings and no credit card payment to eliminate disputes. My bottom line as to internet sales is only buy from an outfit you absolutely trust.

2 hours ago, ML123 said:

I

I was able to get 2# of H335 for $70 and they are still rationing at 2# per day.  Oh yeah finally picked up a new carry gun, P365 tacpac which was on sale to scratch that gun buying itch lol!  Still no shotgun shells WTF on shotgun shells!?!?

I was able to buy 2 cases of each 12 ga and 20 online but they came out to about $11 a box shipped. It was steep and painful but I need to get some practice in for hunting.

But last week I was at the local Walmart and for the first time in like a year I saw ammo. They had 3 of those 100 round boxes of AA with a 3 box limit and scooped them up. Cost was $32/100 rounds which for AA I thought was pretty good.

I have seem ammo starting to flow in a little more locally but the prices on most are up compared to even last summer. And with inflation looking like it's starting to take off, I doubt we will ever see the low prices again. A few of them local ranges still have decent prices but only allow you to buy if you are shooting there.

On 8/2/2020 at 1:45 PM, AverageJoeShooting said:

I have a whole bunch of magnums rifle primers...but my gun won't touch them off

What might you want for them? My Beretta 92 has no problem with them.

I have found loads of SPP  at online stores, BUT ,The places I have found spp are all in Canada, and none of them will ship to the USA!

Every place I have found primers, in Canada, has a good supply and reasonable prices, none of the the $200 prices seen here in the US.

I would like to know ,why can I find ample primers in Canada Fed, CCI, and Winchester. And all the Manufactures are saying no primers till nest year, or all our primers are going to ammo production?

Wish I knew someone who lived or was going to Canada ,maybe I could swing getting a few 1000 !

This one is sooooo obvious. Firearms-world     Dot com. 

They have Sport Pistol Powder!

They have Winchester Primers!

But,

Minimum $250 order.

Only pay by bitcoin and the like.

No mention of hazmat.

Ship both together? No prob.

Hope I didn’t catch something. 

11 hours ago, TaterHead said:

This one is sooooo obvious. Firearms-world     Dot com. 

They have Sport Pistol Powder!

They have Winchester Primers!

But,

Minimum $250 order.

Only pay by bitcoin and the like.

No mention of hazmat.

Ship both together? No prob.

Hope I didn’t catch something. 

I hope you ordered enough for Everyone! 😅

Got federal spp's from powder valley for $60. $89 shipped with hazmat. 

Next day got cci spp's for 75, $110 shipped from Brownells. 

That's enough overpaying for now. Primers ARE back, the market is just very very slow to cool back down. Bass pro and sportsmans often have primers for 30-50 but in store only. 

I had to turn off discord notifications because they were beeping all day long. 

Big week for primers last week. If you get the notification and the site says sold out, click refresh for up to 20 minutes. I got 2 boxes this way. It's bots filling carts and not checking out.

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone dealt with  component-connection (dot com), who says they're the new wave of business connectivity and can obtain hundreds of thousands of primers (and other components), pretty much daily when nobody else can?  Is it  unreasonable to be skeptical?  (Their primers are generally in the .08-.10 range, btw.)