Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone know where to find primers?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found 1000 Federal Match grade at Sportsman's Warehouse locally for $48/1000.  Limit 1 box of 1000.  Saw Large pistol and large rifle primers at Cabela's locally for $7.99/100.  So yes it would seem 5/8 cents a primer depending on where you buy them locally.

The issue with buying on line is the limit is 1000 and you still have to pay hazmat and shipping so you end up close to a dime a primer.  

I will say its good to at least see them so maybe a couple of months from now we can buy locally for a Nickle a primer.  That's my hope at least.  

Edited by Boomstick303

On 4/30/2021 at 9:17 AM, ChuckS said:

Ok, folks, we have pretty well covered capitalism, supply and demand, and how everybody else opinion on this subject is wrong. Let's get back to answering the question: "Anyone know where to find primers?". Any other posts are likely to disappear.

A reminder...

CCI Small Pistol Primers in stock at Powder Valley right now. If you get an out of stock notice when you try to put into your cart —- PAY ATTENTION —- to the comments in red….Mine said - check back in 47 seconds to see if stock is available - I did and it was (in stock)….and once I added it to my cart they gave me 18 minutes to check out….before removing my reserved qty of 1000 units…

This must be how they are fighting the “bots” from ordering….

$60.00 for 1000 pieces and then $19.95 Haz-Mat and $9.95 shipping….$90.00 delivered but if you need them this is not a bad price…I needed these so I paid the piper….Good Luck…Mark

Edited by Sigarmsp226

i was able to catch two thousand primers for 65$ per k the other day off midsouth

Ive decided that im ok paying anything under 100$ per thousand. i know thats at least double or triple the normal price, but i also have a theory that we will never see a return to normal prices now that the market has gotten a taste of the idea that people will pay higher prices

i have 9500 primers left so more than enough to get into next year doing two matches a month. before i would just buy 10 or so thousand for about 3k

now i just chicken pick and buy 2 or 3k at a time

Guys, I am doing my part to help you out.  I haven't bought any primers in more than three years. I recently did swap some SP's for LP's as I was running low, but even if primers dropped to pre-hystiric prices, I have enough to last for a while.

Here's hoping prices return to normal soon for those of you in need. 

4 hours ago, Tom S. said:

Guys, I am doing my part to help you out.  I haven't bought any primers in more than three years. I recently did swap some SP's for LP's as I was running low, but even if primers dropped to pre-hystiric prices, I have enough to last for a while.

Here's hoping prices return to normal soon for those of you in need. 

Why, that’s mighty nice of you Tom. I truly appreciate it. Now, if it’s not too much to ask, could you please get everyone else to stop buying them for a bit?  Not too long, maybe just for a few months or so???

Thanks,

-Cuz

Here is a follow up to the below post, the thread had been locked:

The company never delivered. They kept sending out excuses and just another month emails.

Ultimately, and the first time ever that I had to dispute a charges on my credit card, you can read between the lines on that.

Moving forward, I did use gun broker and scored 10k for just under 12 cents a round for Remington small pistol, pricy, but considering the climate not bad. they came in on Saturday and i am shooting them tonight. 

I am saddened to hear you had to dispute the charge.

I am rather glad to hear you were able to find primers.

some do seem to be showing up in the normal channels.

so I'll try to check the usual sources in another month

for a few k to make practice ammo for me and my cousin

I expect that 50 ish is the new normal.

...everything else has covid-flated...

miranda

• 3 weeks later...

trifusion  tactical just called to inform me that they were shipping my order  from March in a couple weeks.(I bought the ginex--they have the ones use d in tula ammo now  but I prefer the ginex and will wait for a couple weeks) They are here in the USA now and on the way to their shop.

they have an order  for 34 million primers coming in as they will be the American seller for  them.

great news

Edited by boatdoc173

8 minutes ago, boatdoc173 said:

trifusion  tactical just called to inform me that they were shipping my order  from March.

they stated that they are filling all order now and that they have an order  for 34 million primers coming in as they will be the American seller for  them.

great news

Looks like$0.15 /ea- 5,000 min order of Murom SPPs.  Appreciate the tip.

when I was younger  I did wonder why reloaders kept what

I thought of as large caches of reloading supplies.

I didn't run out of anything I had planned and yet

I backed off of practice from concern that it may have been taken as

bragging or boasting... 

so I'll need to add a bit more to the overall supply I have as a way

to make sure my hunting and practice needs are without impediment.

now to see if I can get an order of primers to arrive.

miranda

5 minutes ago, crmcdm said:

Thank you - I loaded 2000 into my cart that showed available but by the time I got signed in to check out they were gone…At $78.00 per thousand before shipping/Haz-Mat these were a good deal in today’s market…..Maybe next time

Just now, Sigarmsp226 said:

Thank you - I loaded 2000 into my cart that showed available but by the time I got signed in to check out they were gone…At $78.00 per thousand before shipping/Haz-Mat these were a good deal in today’s market…..Maybe next time

Sorry man...have had the exact same experience.