Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone know where to find primers?

Sportsman Warehouse in Southhaven, Mississippi gets a shipment of small and large pistol primers in every once in awhile.  I stopped by this afternoon and they did not have any, but will be getting in a shipment in the morning and may have some on that truck.  They do have rifle primers and magnum primers available at this time.  You can pick them up at customer service.  They have also not raised their prices on primers.  They are only selling one box of 1000 per customer and charging around $25 - $26 dollars per box. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rich406 said:

I don’t think primers and ammo are all that hard to get outside the US. 

Give it 6 months. 

These forums are a good indication of when I should stock up. I bought 30,000 in the last week here in Australia.

My usual shops have no stock of winchester which is what I normally shoot. I got 10k of them and 20k S&B's.

It happens after every US election. 

• 1 month later...

Except this yr we started short primer with another issue, then another when we had record new gun buyers, seems different, hope I'm wrong. I loaded up in Jan when there was free hazmat and knew the election runup was coming. Got lucky not to wait till summer...

I got into a group buy off mewe for federal primers, by april I'll find out if I got ripped off. 

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, Jakeshoops said:

I have been buying my primers online from reloadunlimited.com they are a good company to buy from. They also have not gouged their prices. I have ordered from them a couple times and have been happy with their company.

This is a scam website, folks.  Google it up.

14 hours ago, UpYoursPal said:

Armadillo Arms is taking pre orders for a supply of Ginex primers they’re supposedly getting in soon.  https://www.armadilloarms.com/product/small-pistol-primer/

I ordered 10k.  Hopefully they come in soon!

Have you purchased from them before? There's so many online scams these days I always question everything. 

What's crazy is that the same shortage is affecting anything gun related. A friend tried to order RCBS decapper pins and they are nowhere to be found. Primers, I can somewhat understand but decapper pins? Come on man......

5 hours ago, Sarge said:

What's crazy is that the same shortage is affecting anything gun related. A friend tried to order RCBS decapper pins and they are nowhere to be found. Primers, I can somewhat understand but decapper pins? Come on man......

II can not even find rem oil wipes to clean my guns. Everything gun related is gone.

6 hours ago, Sarge said:

I needed a few and ordered them direct from RCBS a month ago and had them in a few days.

57 minutes ago, mscott said:

I needed a few and ordered them direct from RCBS a month ago and had them in a few days.

He said he finally found some at Ben's pro shop but everywhere else was out of stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Our local Sportsmans Warehouse got in batch of primers, 200 per person limit.

Made a few trips over a couple days. Hit it once and 9mm was on a rack behind the counter, 100 round limit $18.99 per box of 50. Picked up a couple boxes for a fellow shooter with low supplies.