Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone know where to find primers?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, BentAero said:

Natchez is legit. I've bought from them for years.
I minutes/seconds too late on this batch of spp. 😟

Mods removed some posts. I was referring to some questionable links that a brand new forum member posted.

Edited by TonytheTiger

6 minutes ago, TonytheTiger said:

Mods removed some posts. I was referring to some questionable links that a brand new forum member posted.

Yep. There have been a rash of spammers/scammers of late. 

Remember, if a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is a scam.

4 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

It's funny, I was already pretty sure it was BS as I clicked the links, but seeing what appeared to be a great deal on primers still got my heart rate up even though I knew better.

When I started shooting I would by 40 cal 250 rd boxes of ammo for $17.00 that is cheaper than primers today, granted that was two Dem presidents ago.   I'm going wait a little longer to see if the price drops.   

Edited by CocoBolo

Yeah, natchez has had them for a few days in a row last week but the only place I've seen that's been limit 10, most are 1 or 2. Going rate online seems to be mid 70s plus hazmat and shipping, locally I've seen them for about 60 when I've found them.

If I didn't already have enough for next season I would have snatched up the 10k but I'm really hoping prices fall as demand hopefully eases.

28 minutes ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Yeah, natchez has had them for a few days in a row last week but the only place I've seen that's been limit 10, most are 1 or 2. Going rate online seems to be mid 70s plus hazmat and shipping, locally I've seen them for about 60 when I've found them.

If I didn't already have enough for next season I would have snatched up the 10k but I'm really hoping prices fall as demand hopefully eases.

Same for me also. Going to wait a little longer before I re-stock. Hoping as fall/winter arrive and shooting slows a little maybe demand will also drop off. Time will tell but I will continue to monitor pricing and availability closely. I have not seen a lot of CCI - SPP’s becoming available vs. Federal’s - but beggars cannot always be choosers…..

On 9/17/2021 at 10:18 PM, GrumpyOne said:

there are a few sites on line boasting of having primers, powder.(.and one glock site that claims to have a glock 17L)..the tip off that it is a scam( besides availability of hard to find products)  is the  check out that does  NOT include any kind of credit card use--paypal or bit  coin only-- BIG RED FLASHING LIGHT!!

My Natchez order for 7,000 Federal SPP was supposed to have arrived Monday...then today....now seemingly disappeared from FedEx's system. Might want to ship UPS if you have a choice - 1K limited orders of CCI primers from Midway and Brownells each arrived safely via UPS - but I know they have had challenges too. 

2X on using UPS over FedEx.  Ordered some gun sleeves from Shooters Connection and through Fed it took 4 days longer than it should have. Following the tracking it was like they dropped it off in every town along the way. They do ok with my wife’s meds but gun stuff is horrible.