Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone know where to find primers?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Dillon the other day.

“None of they’re distributors have any, they won’t even let them (Dillon) backorder any, and further more were told to probably not expect any till after the first of the year.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, iflyskyhigh said:

I was in Dillon the other day.

“None of they’re distributors have any, they won’t even let them (Dillon) backorder any, and further more were told to probably not expect any till after the first of the year.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont understand. I mean its not like cci or federal just stopped printing them

15 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

I have a whole bunch of magnums rifle primers...but my gun won't touch them off

If you don’t want them, I’ll take them. I will be at area 6 or Georgia state if you are shooting either of those

Every distributor is way behind on back orders.  You can either get a back order in with one of them too and wait or hope a retailer gets some in from their back order.

This should not have been a big surprise to anyone that's been shooting a while.  Happens every election year.  A little early this year due to riots and pandemics...

3 minutes ago, shred said:

Every distributor is way behind on back orders.  You can either get a back order in with one of them too and wait or hope a retailer gets some in from their back order.

This should not have been a big surprise to anyone that's been shooting a while.  Happens every election year.  A little early this year due to riots and pandemics...

Always seems to take the manufacturers by surprise though.

Find a Sportsmans Warehouse.  They are on sale and have been available at our local store. They are listed as out of stock on their website, but had some at the store.

Our store is packed with large primers right now. Once the word got out, we all helped them with their small primer inventory.

5 hours ago, shred said:

I think its the earlyness that's messing me up. I was all ready for October/November to be dry as dust

I Checked my emails and it was only 11 months ago that my LGS had a blowout sale on Federal SPP’s.  AND Federal was giving $100 rebates back for every $500 spent.  They ran that promo twice last year.

We just got into shooting just as the 22lr drought was ending, 2015/16?  I took advice I’ve read here and added whenever stuff went on sale over the years.

Hello: If you are shooting a 1911/2011 pistol you could try a Dawson firing pin since they are a little longer. I also use a weaker firing pin spring as well. Hard hits on any primer I have tried even old Wolf rifle primers years ago. Thanks, Eric

3 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: If you are shooting a 1911/2011 pistol you could try a Dawson firing pin since they are a little longer. I also use a weaker firing pin spring as well. Hard hits on any primer I have tried even old Wolf rifle primers years ago. Thanks, Eric

i also run an extended firing pin, stock firing pin spring (i think 24 lbs) and a 17 lb mainspring.  I found a sleeve of 5k wolf primers...im just concerned my gun wont touch them off.  I had a previous experience with wolf primers and FTFs, but i cant remember if that was around the same time that i was messing with all the springs

I bought wolf primers around 2009...  STI eagle, titanium pin, strut and MS cap.  Wolff probably extra strenght spring, (the one they send you with recoil springs) 18lb ISMI MS...  They have all gone bang. A little harder to seat, but they worked.
Also so far no issue with them in an XDM the a PRP kit in it.

This thread is a eye opener. .22 ammo too? Primers? Wow! I have many bricks of .22 and many thou of shotshell and rifle primers maybe I'll take them to the next gunshow and put a sign on my hat! 🙂

Local would be the best bet (as in you’ll probably have to travel around)..  Anybody online having them would be quickly picked up by those who Would then try  to get $2 a primer on other sights!