Anyone know where to find primers?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, mlmiller1 said:

Anyone seen any federal large rifle anywhere?   

If you're ever in the Abilene area I think I saw some at Abilene indoor the other day. I know they had some that I was not looking for and I think it was large rifles. You might give them a call

2 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

That's cheapest I've heard of in a long time.

Yes definitely trending in the right direction. I’m waiting for a price in the 40’s and I might jump in for a large purchase. Initially Sportsmans was limiting you to 1k per customer but last time my buddy went in he bought 5k.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been buying all my primers lately from the academy sports for about $69 a thousand but, they are all Winchester. They did get in 4,000 large rifle winchesters so I bought them. I don't understand why large rifle are getting so hard to find

Edited by usmc1974

15 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

I've been buying all my primers lately from the academy sports for about $69 a thousand but, they are all Winchester. They did get in 4,000 large rifle winchesters so I bought them. I don't understand why large rifle are getting so hard to find

At my academy they're $7.99 a 100 and you can only get 400. I go in and buy 400 here and there when they have them, but they don't have them super consistent. But that is the cheapest I found them locally

2 hours ago, RJH said:

At my academy they're $7.99 a 100 and you can only get 400. I go in and buy 400 here and there when they have them, but they don't have them super consistent. But that is the cheapest I found them locally

They are like 6.99 100 before tax here. You can buy as many as you want.  They limit the amount of boxes of loaded ammunition, you can buy, I believe to 4, but I never buy loaded ammunition.