Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone know where to find primers?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I scored the CCI500s from Powder Valley but it took some work.  Went in and out of stock several times and had to keep refreshing the site.  It stinks to have to buy 1K at a time but at least their price was better than Midway and Brownells.

Edited by longrange2

17 hours ago, longrange2 said:

I scored the CCI500s from Powder Valley but it took some work.  Went in and out of stock several times and had to keep refreshing the site.  It stinks to have to buy 1K at a time but at least their price was better than Midway and Brownells.

Was there a 1K limit on them?

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Lastcat said:

Ouch. They are still selling 41s locally for $90/k and no one is buying them at that price.

1 minute ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Ouch. They are still selling 41s locally for $90/k and no one is buying them at that price.

I wouldn't 🙃. But, desperate times....etc.

There are 2 forums I frequent in the Reloading Section Ore/Wa and primers are at 90-120 a thousand. Haven't took a bite yet.  Case of Fed 100 (5k primers) going for $600 🤨.

Hoping to see Midway, PV, Brownells, etc... sell for less than $75 a thou (might be a while). 

1 hour ago, Lastcat said:

I wouldn't 🙃. But, desperate times....etc.

There are 2 forums I frequent in the Reloading Section Ore/Wa and primers are at 90-120 a thousand. Haven't took a bite yet.  Case of Fed 100 (5k primers) going for $600 🤨.

Hoping to see Midway, PV, Brownells, etc... sell for less than $75 a thou (might be a while). 

I've picked up like 4k from Cabela's this past fall for $65/k and then last month they increased to $80/k. Prices are going up on everything so I don't see primers falling in price any time soon.

25 minutes ago, Intheshaw1 said:

I've picked up like 4k from Cabela's this past fall for $65/k and then last month they increased to $80/k. Prices are going up on everything so I don't see primers falling in price any time soon.

I did as well last Oct, got 2k at $44 a thou. 

18 hours ago, Xrunner said:

Locally Cabela's seems to be the most regular, but at $80/brick with a 1k limit.

I've had limited luck with Scheels at $5ish/100 but limit of 200 per person.

Getting them in person for $80/1K is better than finding them online. Most places have a 1K or 2K limit. Then add in hazmat and shipping, for about $40, and you're spending $100+/1k. Insanity.

It's getting cheaper to buy factory ammo, than it is to reload ammo.

Shootingbot.com 

Start an account and you can then follow the product alert for a bunch of major shooting sports websites and get instant updates when they become in stock. You have to be quick though as most sell out quickly depending on their stock and purchase limit.

• 2 weeks later...