Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recent bullet orders

konkapot

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered a case of 9-125, 9-115, and 40-185’s from Precision Bullets on 3/16. 

9-125’s shipped 4/12 SHOULD be delivered today.

Dave advised 115’s would be another 2-3 weeks and 185’s late summer.

Really digging all my new coated lead bullets BTW. Glad the shortage caused me to re-examine them. Cheap and some of the most accurate bullets I’ve tried to date. So far only shot the BBI’s and DG’s. Both awesome. Looking forward to trying the Blue’s and Precision’s. See if that “Proprietary” coating makes any difference.

Edited by iflyskyhigh

7 hours ago, iflyskyhigh said:

Ordered a case of 9-125, 9-115, and 40-185’s from Precision Bullets on 3/16. 

9-125’s shipped 4/12 SHOULD be delivered today.

Dave advised 115’s would be another 2-3 weeks and 185’s late summer.

Really digging all my new coated lead bullets BTW. Glad the shortage caused me to re-examine them. Cheap and some of the boat accurate bullets I’ve tried to date. So far only shot the BBI’s and DG’s. Both awesome. Looking forward to trying the Blue’s and Precision’s. See if that “Proprietary” coating makes any difference.

Shortages caused the same thing for me, left RMR for BBI and haven't missed a beat. I order a case every other month just because at this point so it would be a long time before I go back to RMR.

19 hours ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Shortages caused the same thing for me, left RMR for BBI and haven't missed a beat. I order a case every other month just because at this point so it would be a long time before I go back to RMR.

+1 on BBI. 

This is also how I feel about SNS. They only list what's in stock, and they ship it within 48 hours. 

On 9/15/2020 at 12:14 PM, Jim Watson said:

I ordered bullets from Bayou when they were showing 5-6 weeks, and I expected them in by the end of this month.  But now they are showing 8-12 weeks, so which applies?  We shall see.

Today I caught a bullet I like in stock at Xtreme and ordered some.  The last time I did that, it was ten days delivery but shorted, which took several communications to straighten out and get the rest of my order.  Hope they do better this time.

I tried calling Bayou on an order I placed months ago, but was not charged for at that time. They said they would contact me for payment when the order was ready to ship. I can't fault them on that! But, I called two days in a row this week. Phone rang 15 times, no answer.

Anyone have any info on Bayou?

Think I’m gonna try a case of Brass Monkey 9-127s too.

Anymore have any experience with Brass Monkey. Did a search didn’t find much. 

This is fun!

On 4/15/2021 at 2:09 PM, Intheshaw1 said:

Agreed. That being said, I’m still gonna need JHPs for my open gun. I know people shoot lead in their open guns, but I’m gonna stick with JHPs. Also have a Roland Special G19X that I’ll save the FMJs and JHPs for. AND i shoot plated in my suppressed Sub 9 AR...So I’ll still have to stalk RMR, MG, and Everglades websites 😞 

2 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello, I ordered some 125gr Black Bullets Internationals last week and they showed up today. Still waiting on Blue Bullets since February 4th. I'll test the BBI's this week and see how they work for me. Thanks, Eric

Eric they shoot pretty well, that said make sure you don't shave the coating, a little more bell, and just enough crimp to hold it in place.   If you shave the coating it will deposit lead in barrel, if you crimp to much they tumble.  

I bought a case of MonkeyBrassBullets they are coated 125gr, loaded a sample batch just have not tested them yet.  Ordered on Monday arrived on Friday about 6 cents each.

Edited by CocoBolo

On 4/16/2021 at 2:10 PM, GOF said:

I tried calling Bayou on an order I placed months ago, but was not charged for at that time. They said they would contact me for payment when the order was ready to ship. I can't fault them on that! But, I called two days in a row this week. Phone rang 15 times, no answer.

Anyone have any info on Bayou?

I had a total of 4 case lot orders, all paid for at order placement, so $1,000.00

The first two cases shipped at 19 weeks, this after calling and speaking to (intentionally left blank) three times plus two email inquiries. I received these about 3 weeks ago. The second two cases, one is currently at 16 weeks, the other is 14 weeks. On this I will wait for the end of May before trying to contact then if I haven't received them by then. 

One of the three conversations I had with them turned out to be one of the most strangest I've ever had. This is saying something because I have worked sales and customer service for 36 years. 

Edited by firewood

I think I am at 19 weeks with Bayou now...believe they were fulfilling orders from mid-November last time I checked, and I ordered the first week in December, so will give them a couple more weeks before I pull the plug and seek to be made whole/refund.

Maybe I'll give them another look next year when they meet all the pent-up demand...but 5 months is absurd and I can't do business like this.