Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recent bullet orders

konkapot

16 minutes ago, Lastcat said:

Ya welcome. Following what Ssanders224 started. 🙂 So hard to catch them when in. Got 1k more coming. Usually takes them 5 days. 

I’ll try to keep updating here when they drop. Maybe even a pre-drop heads up sometimes 😉

Edited by Ssanders224

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot's o updates.

Precision Bullets 9-125's ordered on 3/16 were delivered on 4/16. 4 weeks to the day. Way better than the estimated 14-16 weeks. Which would explain the relatively fast shipping. Excellent product and packaging. Shot my first tests this afternoon. 👍🏻

Precision Bullets 9-115's from same order, notified they'd be shipped Monday. Dave from Precision is really good at communicating! Still waiting on 401-185's. Dave advised summer sometime.

Ordered a case of Brass Monkey 9-127's about 19:00 MST last night. Got a shipping notification this AM. Shipment on its way. USPS shows Saturday...so sometime next week. Hope these are as good as the BBI's and DG's.

Ordered a case of each 9-115, 9-125, and 40-180 from Blue Bullets on 3/26. Got a shipping notice on the 9-125's and 40-180's yesterday. Packages show Saturday delivery...so next week. Was told this AM that 115s would be closer to June. Possibly sooner.

So both Precision and Blue beat the time frame they gave when I placed my order. Not sure if they are catching up, or I just got lucky and ordered when they were making a run of what I needed?

Those Bayous must be something special to be waiting on them for so long.

So far I've tried the the BBI 125's and 180's, DG 115's and 125's, and Precision 125's. Can't tell a major difference between them. They're all great. No more smoke than FMJ's (Clean Shot is really clean). Phenomenal accuracy. Can't believe it took this shortage to turn me back onto them.

It's good to know going forward I can just buy whatever is cheapest and available.

Edited by iflyskyhigh

3 hours ago, TK66 said:

I ordered another 2k from PD.  Didn't see the case option (3900).

I don't think they've offered any options > 1,000 in quite awhile...would be nice to get some bulk pricing again, but not holding out for it during the current environment.

PS: You're from my old stomping grounds. I was raised on Gianelli's, salt potatoes, and OV Splits way back when, sir. :)

1 hour ago, Terp said:

I don't think they've offered any options > 1,000 in quite awhile...would be nice to get some bulk pricing again, but not holding out for it during the current environment.

PS: You're from my old stomping grounds. I was raised on Gianelli's, salt potatoes, and OV Splits way back when, sir. :)

This is correct. For the foreseeable future, there will be no larger quantity options. 

This is due to several reasons, one being it helps streamline the packaging and order processing lines, so that customers are able to get product as quickly as possible (currently shipping next business day on almost all in-stock products). 

3 hours ago, Terp said:

That's still pretty regular around here! Except for the OV's. lol

1 hour ago, Ssanders224 said:

This is correct. For the foreseeable future, there will be no larger quantity options. 

This is due to several reasons, one being it helps streamline the packaging and order processing lines, so that customers are able to get product as quickly as possible (currently shipping next business day on almost all in-stock products). 

That's fine, I'm happy to get the 1k packs.  I saw the 3900pk on the page a few days ago but out of stock and then it disappeared.  I just loaded up some 124gr JHP's for major PF and I'm very happy with them.  These will be my go to's!  Great product and more importantly great service!

Ordered mine last week and the post office lost em ☹️  I keep getting a message they are still in transport, but I am quickly loosing hope.

All my buds I told about them and ordered same day received theirs days ago.

Mike

Note I an not blaming Precision Delta.

38 minutes ago, molson said:

Ordered mine last week and the post office lost em ☹️  I keep getting a message they are still in transport, but I am quickly loosing hope.

Mike

Heavy packages can routinely take 2-3 weeks to make their way through the postal service these days. It will most likely show up at some point. 

51 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

Heavy packages can routinely take 2-3 weeks to make their way through the postal service these days. It will most likely show up at some point. 

Just disappointing is all.  Good news is I am not desperately low at this time.

i can wait it out for awhile.  I am trying to learn more patience in matters such as these 😀

Mike

Just got a notification from Midway USA Winchester Small Pistol Magnum Primers have been discontinued by the manufacture.  I have notifies every where for all manner of primer, my excitement really faded fast when I read the email.

1 hour ago, CocoBolo said:

Just got a notification from Midway USA Winchester Small Pistol Magnum Primers have been discontinued by the manufacture.  I have notifies every where for all manner of primer, my excitement really faded fast when I read the email.

It's Midway doing the discontinuation on the 5K cases...received them for Federal, CCI, and Win...Larry retired and they are now charging roughly $100/K w/ hazmat, shipping, and 1K limits, so why sell 5K a pop, they figure. :(

22 hours ago, Rich406 said:

23 hours ago, molson said:

Mike

Orders from Blue and Brass Monkey showed up Friday. Day early, weren't supposed to be here till today.

This is unusual. So far I have ordered form BBI, DG, Precision, Blue, and Brass Monkey. The packages referenced above are the only ones so far to show up on time or early. All Packages from BBI and DG were several days past the expected delivery date. But at least they made it.

Have faith. They'll get there. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which packages make it where and when.

Edited by iflyskyhigh

On another note...

I do not believe there is a package the post office can not destroy.

All my orders have been very well packaged, but damn, you can really see the abuse these boxes are taking on their way to us. Every exterior box looks like it's been to hell and back.

I feel like the postal employees are doing on it on purpose at this point. "Wanna put 60 pounds of bullets in a box? Fine, I'll show you."

DG and Precision are the best packaged, being double boxed. Strong heavy duty plastic bags inside strong heavy duty boxes, which are then placed inside the flat rate boxes and taped for the ride to hell. There is no wasted space inside the inside box which, and any empty space is filled with heavy duty filler material, allowing the packages to take more abuse as the bullets aren't moving around inside much at all.

Blue, BBI, and Brass Monkey were all about the same. Good, but not quite as good as DG and Precision They all use smaller lighter duty boxes inside the flat rate box. They do use fillers, but it wasn't packaged quite as snug, which allowed the interior boxes to bang around and break open. Blue did use heavy duty plastic bags inside the smaller boxes which kept the bullets in one place at least. But you could tell the smaller boxes of bullets had been sliding around inside the flat rate box damaging them.

Again, it's all relative. They were all packaged well. I didn't lose a single bullet in transit. But I did spend a few minutes picking up bullets off the floor after opening a couple of the packages.

I don't even really fault the bullet makers. It's tough to defend your product during long distance shipping against spiteful postal employees.

Some know how to package others do not! Berrys, RMR, Raineer all packed tight and secure. Got some from Midway and there was a trail of bullets from there to my PO. They threw three boxes of 185g 45’s in a FR box with an air bag and a broken hunk of styrofoam. Then USPS threw it out of a cargo plane at 500 mph and let it roll to the post office. Lost 60 out of that box and they didn’t have any replacements. Plus it had to sit at the PO until they processed the claim that Midway submitted. I agree with the postal workers taking it out on the packages, either because they are heavy or where they’re coming from and the contents. Since October,  it seems that any package I’ve gotten from any of the shippers, if it’s anything gun related it’s beat to crap. Just my observation. 

Edited by Farmer
Added

Blue Bullets

Ordered 750 135gr 9mm on April 11th, was supposed to be delivered today but USPS f'ed things up.  Should be here tomorrow.

Can't complain about 2 weeks right now.

I used to shoot these years ago and want to give them a shot in my PCC and a few other guns, if they are g2g I'm going to order a case or two soon.

Hello, Blue Bullets told me it would be another 2-4 weeks. Not happy at all with that service and no updates on delivery. 8 day service from Precision Delta when they had stock two weeks ago. BBI took 6 days to my door. Oh well, I guess that is how they play it. Thanks, Eric

7 hours ago, Farmer said:

Some know how to package others do not! Berrys, RMR, Raineer all packed tight and secure. Got some from Midway and there was a trail of bullets from there to my PO. They threw three boxes of 185g 45’s in a FR box with an air bag and a broken hunk of styrofoam. Then USPS threw it out of a cargo plane at 500 mph and let it roll to the post office. Lost 60 out of that box and they didn’t have any replacements. Plus it had to sit at the PO until they processed the claim that Midway submitted. I agree with the postal workers taking it out on the packages, either because they are heavy or where they’re coming from and the contents. Since October,  it seems that any package I’ve gotten from any of the shippers, if it’s anything gun related it’s beat to crap. Just my observation. 

Yep. Got an order of Nosler 175 RDF’s back last year from Midway. Needless to say they didn’t all make. They were nice enough to credit me back for the missing bullets as they’ve been back ordered ever since.

6 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello, I am still waiting on my Blue Bullet order from February 4th which are 125 TC 9mm. Kinda crappy that you ordered after me in March and I have not received even a notice yet. Thanks, Eric

That is weird. I received the 9-125 and 40-180s. Still waiting on the 115s. They said those will be this summer. Did you order a case of the 125’s?

8 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello, I am still waiting on my Blue Bullet order from February 4th which are 125 TC 9mm. Kinda crappy that you ordered after me in March and I have not received even a notice yet. Thanks, Eric

I'm still waiting on my 750 rounds of 9mm from Blue Bullet that was ordered on January 14th. 🤨