Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recent bullet orders

konkapot

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/24/2021 at 6:07 PM, iflyskyhigh said:

I do not believe there is a package the post office can not destroy.

Not a fan of the USPS by any means, but when you have a heavy load that moves like an amoeba inside of a box that is to large for its contents that box will end up landing in all sorts of different orientations on conveyors I imagine.  Especially on the corners of the boxes.  To be honest I am surprised the packages with bullets are not more beat up when they arrive.  In the current Climate I happy to see bullets arrive despite the shape of the container they arrived in as long as all the bullets I ordered make it to me.

Miraculous things are happening at Bayou...just got a shipping notice that my December 7 (20 weeks ago) order shipped today, so those in the queue can gauge how much longer your wait is...and may the odds be ever in your favor. 

Just got a shipping notification from Blue Bullets for the 750 rounds of 9mm that I ordered in January. I ordered three different profiles to test loads on a carry optics gun, but if it takes five months every time I place an order, I may have to choose a different color coated bullet!

On 5/5/2021 at 8:10 AM, OPENB said:

Why would anyone wait 5 months for ANY coated bullet? DG got me a case of 135 RN 9mm in a week. Same green color as Bayou!

I agree. I shoot their 180 grain .40 cal for limited, and those were received in a few weeks. I had no idea that the 9mm would take so long. 

Ordered on the 29th of April from Precision Delta, they came in yesterday (9mm 124 JHP).

USPS, my mailman was not too happy to slep the box from his truck to my door steps, but the box and what was inside were OK, no damages.

They double up on the flatrate box, so it is sturdier,  plus the ammo boxes inside fit like a glove into the box.

2 hours ago, RudyVey said:

USPS, my mailman was not too happy to slep the box from his truck to my door steps, but the box and what was inside were OK, no damages.

There comes a point when they just throw in the towel and throw the cases by the road, rather than walk them down the driveway....making Santa's naughty list come Christmas-gift-card-in-the-mailbox time. 😇

USPS.thumb.jpg.90571fe6826fb699c67a9055cfc85c3b.jpg

3 hours ago, Terp said:

There comes a point when they just throw in the towel and throw the cases by the road, rather than walk them down the driveway....making Santa's naughty list come Christmas-gift-card-in-the-mailbox time. 😇

USPS.thumb.jpg.90571fe6826fb699c67a9055cfc85c3b.jpg

Mailman d*ck move. Yep, they all know who the reloaders are on their route. They hate delivering boxes of bullets. So they dump them close as they can, or busted box missing bullets. 

I've ordered 3500 a few times. I have a mailman that I have become friends with, nice gentleman. Will deliver everything, even brings the boxes to my doorstep and knocks on the door. When I ship boxes out, I leave a note in the mailbox, "Package to ship at the door please, thank you". I can see him pull up, so I run the box out to him. He appreciates that. This is just what I do, no you don't have to leave notes or run boxes out to the street. It's not for you to do. 

Now every mailman is different, that are all not the same. Reading here and hearing of the horror stories of their 35# boxes of bullets being delivered reminds me of this one instance. 

Ordered 3500 bullets from Xtreme 2 years ago. Regular mailman was on a 2 week vacation. Replacement dude left my bullets down the street in a neighbors mailbox. That neighbor marked the box, "Wrong address". I filed with USPS and called Xtreme. USPS kept sending daily reports via email, "they are looking". Regular mailman comes back from vacation, finds my box down the street and delivers. Nice guy too. 

USPS keeps sending emails thereafter, that they are still looking for my box, for 45 days. Now I order 1k at a time every 45 days. Mailman d*ck move? Yep. Fedex, UPS maybe?

Wow! What an ass. You should report him to the postal manager.

I guess I’m fortunate to have a very nice postal worker. I always told her to knock on my door so I or my son can carry the heavy box off of her truck. So far so good. In return, I always give her a gift card during the holidays.

46 minutes ago, George16 said:

Wow! What an ass. You should report him to the postal manager.

I guess I’m fortunate to have a very nice postal worker. I always told her to knock on my door so I or my son can carry the heavy box off of her truck. So far so good. In return, I always give her a gift card during the holidays.

I have...when he hit my truck, when he knocked down the mailbox, when he threw my packages in the lawn where my dog relieves himself, etc, etc.  It's become personal. :)

https://ring.com/share/5bb1eebe-2810-468b-bde0-0882ee96c37c

Wait for it...5 seconds in...boom, cracked mirror housing (then had the audacity to toss my crap in the crap without getting out of the vehicle—a real piece of work). Even the so-called 'Advocate General' dismissed this with 'we'll look into this' nonsense when elevated to D.C.

In other news (to correct my thread drift), I have some 180gr .400 FMJs en route from RMR. Took 4 days to get a tracking number (good)...has been, wait for it, traveling around the country for 3x that long, but they're on their way...just making their second trip from ID to Spokane, WA. 

#ISupportDefundingUSPS.

Edited by Terp

I live in a small town, so when I expect bullets to come in I just stop by and tell them to hold them and not even bother trying to deliver.  Once I get the notice they are in I go and pick them up.  I only live about a mile from the post office so it's convenient, and they are VERY appreciative.

On 5/7/2021 at 12:02 PM, Cuz said:

I live in a small town, so when I expect bullets to come in I just stop by and tell them to hold them and not even bother trying to deliver.  Once I get the notice they are in I go and pick them up.  I only live about a mile from the post office so it's convenient, and they are VERY appreciative.

I do the same here. We have excellent workers at our post office and most of the people in town treat them right. A little kindness, appreciation and communication goes a long way. Cookies and cash at Christmas doesn’t hurt either. 😀

Edited by Farmer

On 5/7/2021 at 3:02 PM, Cuz said:

I'm  in a semi-rural area about 7 miles to the PO. Our post carrier is a waife of a lady so I tell her to hold them at the PO will pick them up first chance I get. 

Usually when I pick them up they bring them out on a flat top rolling cart. The last delivery was 2 cases, they brought them out in a canvas laundry cart, which I had to bend way over to pick up. I have two cases on order should have them in a few weeks, if they do the laundry cart thing again I will ask to speak with the postmaster.

On 5/7/2021 at 10:08 AM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello, my Blue Bullets arrived today. 3 months almost to the day when I ordered them. Post lady left them beside my mailbox. 3600 bullets are pretty heavy and the box looks like it was never dropped. Thanks, Eric

What type of bullets, I hear certain types are quicker then others. 

13 hours ago, Furrly said:

What type of bullets, I hear certain types are quicker then others. 

I ordered 2550 180 grain Blues today and got a shipping confirmation for delivery this Thursday. Boom!

6 hours ago, SJBriggs said:

I ordered 2550 180 grain Blues today and got a shipping confirmation for delivery this Thursday. Boom!

That's good news.. Looks like thing are ramping up with BB 

14 hours ago, SJBriggs said:

Which is crazy because I ordered 180’s months ago and was told it would be summer.