Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally - The Perfect Open Gun Optic

jid2

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally getting the traction I need on optics. Hoping to have the 1st articles of the custom glass on order next week. Then I'll get machining on the Version 2.0 metal parts.

I don't have a list other than this thread and PM's, but I'll make sure to get a hold of everyone when I'm ready to go. I want to have some time with the V2.0 and make sure things are holding together before I start cranking them out for you guys. I'm excited to get this out there, as it is so awesome to shoot - I've really been enjoying everything about it.

Man, with all these "I'll take it" comments without even asking for a price, you should make a mint! :cheers:

The reality is that there's a price point for everything. The sight is cool, innovative and for $400 each you couldn't make them fast enough, but at $1,500 you'd be hard pressed to sell a handful, somewhere in there lies the price point. To say "I'll take it" without a price tag seems a little silly.

To say "I'll take it" without a price tag seems a little silly.

I guess it all depends on how gear-crazy you are and what you can, &/or are willing to, spend on your open gun! I'll admit it, if it's functional, cool and super-high quality... I'll give it a try :D

That said I think most of us are assuming it'll be on the pricey side but not 3x what top of the line optics cost now.....

...so, good point.

3x what top of the line optics cost now.....

I'll bet if you took the hours of labor the OP has into the first few, multiplied it by the industry standard for machinists' pay, you'd have a cost well over that.

True, but you don't add R&D costs into a product on a per item basis. I'm not buying one (not right away, anyway), but getting a sense of this guy's personality in the thread, I don't see him trying to make his fortune off the early adopters.

Your comment about price is well founded ..... Back some years ago I had a small fishing tackle company and used to do something called 'Long Range Tuna fishing". These trips cost the equilivant of a brand new Brazos Open gun every year and some guys would do 2-3 of theses trips in one year. Needless to say these guys had money and were wiling to spend it since we were chasing the largest yellowfin tuna in the world. Well I designed a piece of tackle that worked in place of an existing solution that never failed (a really big deal in thisvtype of fishing were your tacklevis put to the extremes) and marketed a kit so you could do it yourself. Even though it was consided a "game changer" at the time there was a very specific price point, above which only very few would ever sell ....

I'd expect the same is true for this unless the thing guarantees that you would always hit Alphas for the rest of your life ... :)

Ok, here's a rather dumb question. Since I didn't see the original design and the only picture in this thread is from behind, is it adjustable for windage and elevation? If so, how?

BC

Edited by BillChunn