Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally - The Perfect Open Gun Optic

jid2

I am a little color blind, and until C-More hit the market, I couldn't see the dot outside, on any of the earlier tube scopes. I have some issues in bright sunlight seeing the dot on C-Mores, and switched to OKOs, which seem a lot brighter, and have a slightly larger window, for the times grip is wrong, and the dot isn't there.

That said, if somebody would make a QUALITY scope with a green dot, I would change. On iron sighted pistols, I NEED green, or amber fiber optic, I can't pick up red/orange.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see this has wheels. ;)

I'd say focus on getting the design details ironed out and roll out with a Red System that is strong/robust/reliable and let people run them for a few months, then if things go well work up a Green System (or have it developed and waiting in the wings for manufacture) and offer that as v.2 release. You know there is a market for Red and you need to get into that market, after that there is most likely a market for Green that can exploited.

One nice thing about the design I saw in the pics is that the optic lens housing can be removed. So the Green V.2 release can be an entire sight system, or it could just be the diode and lens housing kit (at less cost) which can be retrofitted to an existing sight. Want to make the sight as transparent as possible, so as was mentioned the best coatings will probably end up being color specific.

Different sized dots is a must because of the different preferences and shooting disciplines which could use this sight - 4,6,8,12 moa would be basic sizes to start with...all day light visible in the FL/TX/NM/etc. sun.

Obviously you are running a flat battery. Would be nice if the diode could be hit with voltages in the upper part if its voltage range (or even a little over).

offering the mount with the existing popular bolt patterns is a must. I would not change if I had to re-drill my receiver. Also, don't forget about the Tanfo large frame EAA Witness guys. This sight would be sweet on a Tanfo. (small market, I know...)

I saw the pics, and you obviously put a lot of thought and effort in this.

And yes...it is very cool. :cheers:

Edited by Bamboo

I also saw your pics and agree it is something this sport needs. I will order two as soon as you tell me you have them ready. Dot color.... hummmm give me one of red and one green

Best of luck

:rolleyes:

I've not seen the pictures. I've been running the sidemores for 3 years, I've replaced several C-Mores, they don't seem to be like a good rifle scope that will last a life time. I've used 4 to 8 on dot size I like the 6 best for pistol. When I had catarc's I had some difficulty seeing the dot at times but since my surgery even the 4 seems to be easy to use and provides for better accuracy.

All of my guns have the 5 hole pattern, as long as the 3 holes matched up I would not have a problem with that. I run a thumbrest and find that it makes consistent placment of the thumb a reality and helps to be more consistent in the grip.

Before reading this I had been considering going back to the tube scope, but now I think I'll just wait on this new optic to come out.

Ok, now I've seen it. I'm up for one. My only constructive suggestion is it needs a little bling-a-factation, for those that are less practicle. Maybe some diagnal slots so it don't look like a big metal fender skirt.

I concur about the limited value of a patent, at least in my experience.... a super high quality sight, serviceable and continually refined for our specific use would be a no-brainer purchase as far as I'm concerned even if the price was more than any other sight currently on the market. The price would just determine how many of my pistols got to wear one! The design does look awesome and based on other posts I've seen of yours the precision and quality are already there... I would agree with others that it should fit a "standard" mount pattern/placement with only the left side of the frame requiring additional holes. I hope you build them and I, for one, would be willing to pre-pay (even at risk!) to help get the first production run underway.

^^^Good advice for sure. I'm busy working on the design of version 2, talking with suppliers about custom glass etc.

Who has strong feelings about dot color. Red is the industry standard, green is the new cool thing, blue is kinda wild. Is there a real performance difference? Let's talk about color....

I know it's been said but as a colour blind guy, I sure wish I could get green dot on my gun. Would jump at it if and when one was available.

Very creative jid, I wish I had that kind of vision.

I have been watching this thread with strong interest. As a shooter that is just starting to play the Open Game, I would like to officially add myself to the list of those that would purchase one. At this point, all I can say is "why are you wasting time reading my post?" Get back to work! :roflol: