Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally - The Perfect Open Gun Optic

jid2

Any new info on the POGO Dot?

Looking to review samples of the lens coating this week from a supplier, and get them on order. Lead-time is about 4 weeks.

In the mean time I'm working through the design of the fixturing to machine the parts. Right now my plan is to build the first 50-100 units on the brand new machine we are installing at my day job. I'll plan to come in for some long weekends to get things kick started. But I'll still need to build and validate the V2 design before ramping into production. That will take around 4 weeks, and starts after I get the custom lens. I could create a Microsoft Project Gantt chart of the schedule, but that would feel too much like my day job.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking to review samples of the lens coating this week from a supplier, and get them on order. Lead-time is about 4 weeks.

In the mean time I'm working through the design of the fixturing to machine the parts. Right now my plan is to build the first 50-100 units on the brand new machine we are installing at my day job. I'll plan to come in for some long weekends to get things kick started. But I'll still need to build and validate the V2 design before ramping into production. That will take around 4 weeks, and starts after I get the custom lens. I could create a Microsoft Project Gantt chart of the schedule, but that would feel too much like my day job.

Well, then can't you do just a little power point? :rolleyes:

... I could create a Microsoft Project Gantt chart of the schedule, but that would feel too much like my day job.

And reading said MS Project Gantt chart in this thread would feel too much like work, also! :goof:

You will know when it is ready, and so will about 500 of your closest friends after you post about your success! We don't need no stinkin' chart! ;)

Good Luck!

If you make a gantt chart I may refuse to buy one ;-) that would be way too much like work.

My 1st proto has been holding up well, but it's just been shot in matches, so it doesn't have an extreme number of rounds through it.

But the 2nd proto, which will be the revised design using the custom optic will get run through a serious test. I plan on loading up a case of ammo and running it through the gun in a single session checking zero every couple hundred rounds. I want to do my best to make sure it will be reliable, and I can't get enough rounds through it shooting matches (in a short time span).

Edited by jid2

I have been following this thread but do not recall if this question has been asked. Have you tested this optic on any Open Gun with Popple Holes? They can wreak havoc on the scope mounts at times, especially the ones on a Hybrid Barrel. Do you have any idea how this would hold up if mounted on such a platform?

Would be awesome to try one of these on my soon to own czechmate :-)

Would be sweet to be the first one in canada to sport this optic

Mount holes and frame/slide dimensions of Czechmate are quite different from regular 2011-frame guns...