Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That sucks. Now I feel bad for suggesting it.
  3. Any chance there is someplace to download the files with that change already made? I have access to a 3D printer at the local library, but no ZERO about how to make that mod to the files I just downloaded from printables.com, that OptimiStick linked.
  4. Today
  5. Why would you be in a division where box fed shotguns are legal? None of the equipment that you listed would put you in open
  6. thanks i think that's what i was after. Regardless, im going to be in a division that box mag shotguns are legal so huge disadvantage. ill shoot a few matches wherever they put me and dig down the rabbit hole of box fed shotties if i really like it and maybe trade out my versamax tactical.
  7. I know nothing about these systems but is there some sort of timing of the motor to the position of the press that should be done? Just a WAG.
  8. I shot with V today. She is doing great and picking up complex course execution. She’s shooting at a solid B level. We made a list of things we want to take back to practice. I had another Alien malfunction today. I haven’t made it through a single match without a malfunction of some kind yet. This one was really bad and I lost my mind afterwards, ha. I need to work on getting more margin on stage to deal with unexpected things. I’m getting a little more comfortable with the gun overall, but I have so many rounds on CZs that I really underestimated how much adjustment time I really needed to get back to comfortable. I’m frustrated and pissed, but motivated. I’m not performing anywhere I want to be at, but there are some flashes of decent. V understands that field course stuff is stuff we are going to work on together. I’m not an expert and we both are tapping our local hot shoes to help us. I think a higher level of accountability in practice will be necessary. .
  9. Thanks @shred That doesn’t seem to be the problem. I removed the toolhead, so it’s just the piston moving up and down. With the auto drive turned off, I can operate it manually all the way up and down. when I power up the tablet and motor, there is an amber light on the back of the motor that glows solid orange. When I push calibrate, the motor tries to rotate the crank but fails, and then the light flashes 7 times. I assume it’s an error code of some sort.
  10. it should move to the top of travel (sometimes with a bit of a clunk) during calibration. If it's clunking partway down, usually the problem is the primer slide is out of position and it's index pin can't get through the hole it needs to.
  11. Yesterday
  12. Problem with most comp pistols is it’s a fine balancing act with the cycling as that comp will bleed off pressure that’s not pushing back in my experience a lower recoil spring tune usually 3-4lbs than what the mfg. sends in the gun works with the ammo I’m using.
  13. Yes in IPSC it is absolutely fine to cock the hammer before racking the slide when loading and making ready.
  14. Since it seems to happen often, that is sort of a blessing. I would remove the plastic hold down triangle piece at the primer station. Then load as usual, perhaps slowly. Watch for a primer each case. when no primer, stop! Don’t let the handle back up yet. Try and look at the bottom of primer tube and see what you’ve got. Sideways? Stuck? Oblong primers not dropping freely? a slow 100 rounds might give some clues, and if looking for primers you won’t make a mess of powder
  15. Haha I hear ya, my flex started out great but the more times we had to start in a weird position the less I liked it. I'm really leaning towards the everglades mrh at this point, the double alpha flex has rubbed all the finish off my trigger guard at this point
  16. My kid was able to get inserts for the headset that match his prescription - they were maybe $150
  17. Even though i can shoot in Production (IPSC), i am currently shooting in Standard, so no DA hammer down. And yes if i switched to Production, i would know that after a round is chambered, hammer needs to be lowered. Thanks for your reply.
  18. I just started reloading about the same time I picked up my SIg MPX, 16" barrel for USPSA. I am using 147 Berry RN, 3.8 CFE Pistol, 1.136 OAL. I have had a couple jams and sometimes the trigger seems to lock for 1/2 second. TOday was the first time I had a double feed. THe RO told me today it appeared gases and sparks where coming out the port. I'm looking for any suggestions.
  19. Hello, So, after installing a Mark7 autodrive on my RL1100 last week, I was able to process about 10k cases. I had a shellplate index glitch that I got resolved, and then processed about 3k cases with no issues at all. Then: -Broke down and cleaned the press, and swapped the "processing" toolhead for the "loading" toolhead. -Also installed the primer slide assembly since that's now needed. -After it was all setup, I powered up the autodrive, and tried to calibrate it, but all I get is a "clunk" noise. I can fully cycle the press in Neutral mode using a 5/8" wrench like it says in the manual. It cycles with little effort fully up and fully down. But, whenever I try to calibrate it, all I get is a clunking noise like it's trying to cycle the press but can't. I've tried the Torque setting as high as 5, but I'm reluctant to go any higher because I don't want to break anything. Most all my brass was processed at Torque setting 3 and sometimes 4, but no higher. If I can't get it figured out over the weekend I will call Mark 7 on Monday, but I'm hoping the Enos braintrusts can help me out. Thanks, -Cuz
  20. Yup and considering most of the time we start with our bodies canted and leaning and hands sometimes are in weird positions, you can almost never get that perfect straight up and down draw. I wanted to break my s#!t on the last retreat stage where hands started on the wall lol
  21. This. All i did was loosen all of them a little, grab the pistol and position it where i need and tightened 2 or 3 screws with the other hand so it didnt move. Then i took the belt off and tightened the rest. Actually very easy
  22. You can engage the safety and holster in Limited or Limited Optics but it must be hammer fully down in Production or Carry Optics, assuming it is still functioning as da/sa.
  23. I’m thinking some outfit needs their ass kicked!!
  24. No on the 20 gauge Shotguns can be a rabbit hole. First thing to understand is that to completely outfit a shotgun and buy a bunch of mag holders is going to be fairly expensive. If you shoot matches that don't have huge stages you can get by with less shotgun shell holders and it's not a big deal. The bigger the stage is though the more you have to spend on holders for deuces or quads. The other option is to just bite the bullet and get a box fed shotgun. That can be done on the cheap, or for somewhat expensive. Even if I was starting out if I was going to spend money on buying a new gun and rig it would be a box fed gun. Because in reality, while the shotgun May cost a touch more if you don't go the cheap route, the total is not far off from buying a decent tube fit gun and a bunch of mag holders All that said, I would probably just shoot my first match with what you have. Then see how much you want to spend, and probably buy a 12 round tube for the shotgun you have. That and a couple of mag holders will get you through a lot of local matches
  25. Yes. At least for USPSA. I don't ipsc so I'm not going to promise it there, though I don't know why it would be an issue in ipsc either
  26. I have a new CZ Shadow 2 Orange. I know the gun needs breaking in, right now, racking the slide when the hammer is down is a bit tough. I can do it, but have to use a particular technique to do so (e.g. i can't just pull the slide back with my left hand slingshot style). If the hammer is already pulled back, racking the slide is much easier, is this acceptable in IPSC/USPSA ? So Load and make ready Draw gun from holster, finger always off the trigger Load magazine Pull hammer back with right thumb (again finger well off the trigger) Rack the slide to chamber a round (with left hand). Engage safety Holster gun Is this cool ? Thank you
  27. 1. Yeah, well people get tired of answering questions about rules that are explicitly stated. 2. If you wanted opinions on how a particular match is not complying with 6.5.15 then that is the question you should have asked. 3. Am I grumpy? Yes. I just spent two hours fixing a sprinkler system that was put together by a semi-trained monkey, lol...
  1. Load more activity