Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recent bullet orders

konkapot

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, people buying guns are getting reloads from family and friends. I bought 1,000 Everglades 124 jhp last week, arrived in 3 days. Was lucky to find them in stock. I search the online stores for primers, powder and bullets, often and daily. I've walked into stores to find primers on the shelf. Timing I guess. 

I ordered 3500 from BBI 17 days ago. They shipped it out within 2 days, but the post office has had it at their facility for the past 15 days. 
I had a similar experience, BBI order was shipped the next day but took usps 3 weeks to deliver.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

My shipment from BBI was awful.  They shipped out ok, but the USPS there must be a complete mess.  It took weeks to even get out of that city.  Just because of that I’ll avoid them during these times

DG got my order to be in less than 2 weeks.  Acme was just at 2 weeks

So USPS is supposedly understaffed and has a lot of the mail that is difficult to deliver left behind. A story came out locally that some mail sits for weeks if it's not easy to sort and deliver.

Most bullet companies I see are saying 10-12 weeks. I don't need bullets but I'll probably put in an order soon so I can have it for next season.....

2 hours ago, Matt1911 said:

I ordered 3500 from BBI 17 days ago. They shipped it out within 2 days, but the post office has had it at their facility for the past 15 days. 

Same here Day 18 today.

USPS has said "Arriving Late but on the way"

Not BBI's doing it's the USPS pissing match with the Dem's or somebody!! 

I just want the bullets LOL

15 hours ago, LuvDog said:

My shipment from BBI was awful.  They shipped out ok, but the USPS there must be a complete mess.  It took weeks to even get out of that city.  Just because of that I’ll avoid them during these times

DG got my order to be in less than 2 weeks.  Acme was just at 2 weeks

Never ordered from BBI but I'm unclear how what you described is their fault? 

I am a Blue subscriber, and it took 2 weeks from charge to deliver. This was just a few weeks ago.

I have 2 boxes coming from BBI they have been at the Almo, TN post office since 8/4 I filed a complaint with the post office they claim "the shipping label must be messed up."

I had some trouble getting them before covid I hate waiting. BBI did there job and shipped fast there is someone at that post office tired of carrying boxes of bullets.

15 minutes ago, TrackCage said:

Never ordered from BBI but I'm unclear how what you described is their fault? 

I am a Blue subscriber, and it took 2 weeks from charge to deliver. This was just a few weeks ago.

I didn't say it was their fault. 

It really seems to be USPS for their location.  If they used fedex or UPS, maybe things would be better, but I understand that it's cheaper to go with USPS... just like every other manufacturer is using the flat rate boxes.

My other orders were all shipped USPS too, but they are located in different areas, and the postal service for them seemed fine.  No delays. 

I'd have to go back and look at tracking, but it seemed like the Memphis postal hub was the black hole... sat there for over 3 weeks without a single update.  Until that mess gets fixed, I'll simply order from suppliers in different areas to avoid the delays or potentially lost shipments.

I live like 30 minutes from Acme but unfortunately was told they do not allow any local pickups. Would love to just go there and pick up a big supply of bullets and avoid all the USPS mess.

There is a LGS close to me that gets in some acme bullets but they sell in 500 bullet lots which isn't cost effective but I try to order some from him to keep him in business.

The cost of shipping (along with everything else) has gone through the roof. Shipping costs were on the way up before the “plan-demic”, but covid didn’t help.

I think if bullet manufacturers had to start shipping their stuff via FedEx and UPS, it would make the cost of ordering bullets online unpalatable. I think most people would have to start buying locally (if they could), or be forced to buy in such bulk quantities as too offset the shipping cost (which would probably be more than most people would be willing to spend at one time).

I think the world around us is changing rapidly. The low cost, ease, and convince of many things we have come to count on, not just in the shooting sports, but in everyday life may be coming to an end.

The pressure that’s on the system right now is grinding everything to a slow crawl. And that pressure will be alleviated at some point obviously, but the devaluation of the dollar, inflation, and the increased cost of raw materials, man power, and transportation is a scary trifecta.

I’m all set on bullets in for now, but I’d like to some orders to resupply my stock. Problem is RMR isn’t taking bulk orders right now, and PD and Everglades are out of stock on pretty much everything. I was second guessing all my huge orders last Black Friday. Thought maybe I spent to much. Wish I’d bought more. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, iflyskyhigh said:

The cost of shipping (along with everything else) has gone through the roof. Shipping costs were on the way up before the “plan-demic”, but covid didn’t help.

I think if bullet manufacturers had to start shipping their stuff via FedEx and UPS, it would make the cost of ordering bullets online unpalatable. I think most people would have to start buying locally (if they could), or be forced to buy in such bulk quantities as too offset the shipping cost (which would probably be more than most people would be willing to spend at one time).

I think the world around us is changing rapidly. The low cost, ease, and convince of many things we have come to count on, not just in the shooting sports, but in everyday life may be coming to an end.

The pressure that’s on the system right now is grinding everything to a slow crawl. And that pressure will be alleviated at some point obviously, but the devaluation of the dollar, inflation, and the increased cost of raw materials, man power, and transportation is a scary trifecta.

I’m all set on bullets in for now, but I’d like to some orders to resupply my stock. Problem is RMR isn’t taking bulk orders right now, and PD and Everglades are out of stock on pretty much everything. I was second guessing all my huge orders last Black Friday. Thought maybe I spent to much. Wish I’d bought more. emoji20.png

BBI owner put something on FB about FEDEX shipping being around $110 for a case of bullets. That won't work.

Edited by Sarge

It’s a tough one right now to be sure.  I was on a site recently, the bullets showed in stock, had the bullets in the “cart”, and by the time I got my payment info input, the bullets were out of stock.  It’s a real patience-tester!

I think BBI owner put something on FB about UPS shipping being around $70-$80 for a case of bullets. That won't work.

Yea. That’s a deal breaker. Which is odd because USPS stuff often gets moved by UPS and FedEx vehicles and aircraft. Makes you wonder how the USPS can afford to do it. Oh that’s right, they can’t. They are or should be bankrupt.

I feel like the bullet makers and the USPS have been in a bit of a p_ssing match for awhile now.

Not sure when it started but it was almost like the USPS said “okay, if you’re gonna take advantage of the flat rate box, we’ll show you!” So they take forever to deliver them, the often get ruined and broken open (despite valid packing attempts by the bullet makers). It’s almost as if the USPS is trying to discourage them from using the flat rate boxes. Which I’m sure they are.

But hey, if you don’t want them packing 50lbs of bullets into a box...don’t offer the service!

I’d venture a guess that as costs continue to rise it’s just a matter of time before the USPS stops offering the flat rate service or puts some restrictions on it.

USPS is subsidizing the coated bullet manufacturers.  I looked at casting and coating my own lead.  The math wasn’t close to working.  I’d say the guys out there making coated lead are doing us a favour.  Imagine boxing, shrink wrapping and shipping out hundreds of 60lb boxes a day??  Ugh, my elbow tendinitis let’s itself be know (loudly) just picking up and moving 10 boxes.  
I know an Aussie revo shooter who has a bullet coating company and he needs back surgery