Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People still waiting on Honchos...

avastcosmicarena

6 hours ago, tfinnerr said:

Apologies for opening this back up but has anyone gotten a Honcho shipped lately? Trying to get a feel for where the lead times are right now. Are they still hovering around that 7 months timeframe? Thanks!

I received my second Honcho last week from a May 2020 order.  Things were obviously slowed due to COVID and businesses, including manufacturers and finishers being shut down intermittently.  I would anticipate 7-10 months as of now, with lead times improving as things begin to normalize.  If you have questions, call them.  They will give you a no BS answer as to current estimation of lead times.  

20210329_180118.jpg

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Robertwil18 said:

I received my second Honcho last week from a May 2020 order.  Things were obviously slowed due to COVID and businesses, including manufacturers and finishers being shut down intermittently.  I would anticipate 7-10 months as of now, with lead times improving as things begin to normalize.  If you have questions, call them.  They will give you a no BS answer as to current estimation of lead times.  

20210329_180118.jpg

This is absolutely insane. I got a full blown custom SV the first of January with the same order placement date.

Thanks for the answers you guys! I ordered back in November and haven't heard anything since the order date so maybe I will go ahead and give them a call. I will say my SV took nearly 18 months a few years ago so ~7 months seems easy at this point. 

@Robertwil18 Those look awesome! Congrats!

On 3/30/2021 at 10:31 AM, tfinnerr said:

Thanks for the answers you guys! I ordered back in November and haven't heard anything since the order date so maybe I will go ahead and give them a call. I will say my SV took nearly 18 months a few years ago so ~7 months seems easy at this point. 

@Robertwil18 Those look awesome! Congrats!

Could have ordered an SV in November and you'd also have it in 7 months.

Can’t get a 9mm open gun fro

SV anymore and the warranty is only 12months. PT will cover their guns as long as the are not modified or abused, period.  Those 2 things make it an easy decision to go with PT. 

59 minutes ago, a matt said:

Can’t get a 9mm open gun fro

SV anymore and the warranty is only 12months. PT will cover their guns as long as the are not modified or abused, period.  Those 2 things make it an easy decision to go with PT. 

FYI, you can order 9mm IMM SV guns now and have been able to for a long time. 

Edited by Posvar

34 minutes ago, Posvar said:

FYI, you order 9mm IMM SV guns now and have been able to for a long time. 

I think maybe they are referring to 9 minor? I know when I spoke to Casey 2 years or so ago they were hesitant about doing 9 minor open guns. FWIW, I’ll be shooting 3gun so will be shooting minor pf

2 hours ago, tfinnerr said:

FWIW, I’ll be shooting 3gun so will be shooting minor pf

I would highly recommend getting a major 3 comp barrel with it too. The honcho is so fun it will make you want to shoot it in all the ways in all the sports. 

5 minutes ago, Blockader said:

I would highly recommend getting a major 3 comp barrel with it too. The honcho is so fun it will make you want to shoot it in all the ways in all the sports. 

I did! I think I purchased on a holiday and they were offering 2 free barrels so I just got all the 9mm barrels. Excited to try out a few different configs 

14 hours ago, Blockader said:

This, so many times.  Even though I use my 9 major barrel for 85% of the time, every one of the other barrels gets taken for a spin every so often.  I’ve gotten pretty good at switching from open major to limited major during matches with morning and afternoon squads!

19 hours ago, Posvar said:

FYI, you can order 9mm IMM SV guns now and have been able to for a long time. 

I don’t know about a long time. There were several years where they wouldn’t build a 9MAJOR GUN. A friend of mine has a safe full of Infinity guns and they even refused to build him a 9 top end for one of his open guns. I think only in the last 2-3 years did they start building them again.

28 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I don’t know about a long time. There were several years where they wouldn’t build a 9MAJOR GUN. A friend of mine has a safe full of Infinity guns and they even refused to build him a 9 top end for one of his open guns. I think only in the last 2-3 years did they start building them again.

Correct. It’s been about three years or so. I guess time flies.Correct. It’s been about three years or so. I guess time flies.

On 4/10/2021 at 5:11 AM, attakmint said:

Are there any interference issues with the optic mount and the slide lock thumb rest?  How about the aftermarket options like the Nitro Fin or the Atlas version?

The pt frame mount does not interfere with the pt slide stop thumb rest.

On 4/2/2021 at 9:01 AM, UpYoursPal said:

This, so many times.  Even though I use my 9 major barrel for 85% of the time, every one of the other barrels gets taken for a spin every so often.  I’ve gotten pretty good at switching from open major to limited major during matches with morning and afternoon squads!

Can the gun be switched over, back and forth, a lot?  I would think, screws would think threads would start to strip?

1 hour ago, B_RAD said:

Can the gun be switched over, back and forth, a lot?  I would think, screws would think threads would start to strip?

The screws are only supposed to be torqued to 20 inch pounds. I haven't heard anyone have any issues.

1 hour ago, B_RAD said:

So far, so good.  I haven't had any issues with screws backing out besides the ones on the breech block.  But those are cheap so I just replaced them.  Also I don't use any Loc-tite, I just put witness marks on the screws and snug them down if they start to back out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 10:25 AM, tfinnerr said:

FWIW I was notified that my gun will be ready around May 19. I ordered with the Veterans Day special so that will mark 28 weeks I believe. 

I exchanged emails with Tiffany a week ago re: Honcho wait time and she said 30-week current wait, so that is consistent with your 28-week wait. I would love to buy a Honcho but geez that wait. That kills this whole season for Open, which is why I'm exploring other options to see what else is available (Bul SAS UR, or ??)

4 hours ago, jt1207 said:

I exchanged emails with Tiffany a week ago re: Honcho wait time and she said 30-week current wait, so that is consistent with your 28-week wait. I would love to buy a Honcho but geez that wait. That kills this whole season for Open, which is why I'm exploring other options to see what else is available (Bul SAS UR, or ??)

Texted yesterday as I have an interest in the Honcho as well. Honest answer was 32 wks and improving. Looks like an order now for next season.

On 4/2/2021 at 11:26 AM, Sarge said:

Actually they built me a 38SC and a 9Major top end back in 2015 when I landed in the US...

• 1 month later...