Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People still waiting on Honchos...

avastcosmicarena

17 minutes ago, admcd said:

My main competition gun went down hard last match - rear sight broke at the hinge and the thumb safety broke off. I got it back together and running, but I don't entirely trust it now so the Honcho is so close yet so far away.

I'm definitely not bitter.

I know it'll be worth it. I just am tired of waiting.  This is almost as bad as waiting for my daughter to be born.

(Don't tell my wife I said that)

As for load, I'm going to use HS6 to start and 124gr PD JHP. Based on research here, I'm thinking about 8.2gr will get me close. Probably start ~7.8 and build up.

That sounds about right. 
see if you can get your hands on some Accurate #7. It feels softer and flatter. 

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/14/2022 at 5:29 PM, SergioSF said:

That sounds about right. 
see if you can get your hands on some Accurate #7. It feels softer and flatter. 

I've got about 4lbs of HS6.  After I get through that, I'll give Accurate #7 some attention. The other one I'm scoping out is Autocomp.  A friend of mine swears by it for 9mm.  And PV seems to have it in stock a lot.

Heard from PT that my Honcho might be shipping out early next week.  So there's a CHANCE I'll have it by Thursday in time to shoot it Friday morning a bit before heading to a Level II match on Saturday.

This seems like a sub optimal idea but go big or go home, I guess?

39 minutes ago, admcd said:

The other one I'm scoping out is Autocomp.  A friend of mine swears by it for 9mm.  And PV seems to have it in stock a lot.

Autocomp is a very good 9MAJOR powder. Been using it for many years

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY got my Honcho!  Only was able to shoot a bit last night, but I'm definitely a fan of the gun!

A few learnings right off the bat regarding screw tightness and optics mounts but I'm shooting it in a match on Saturday so we'll see.  Will take it out once more tomorrow night to confirm my zero one more time and then it's game time.

• 1 month later...

If there's a silver lining to this cloud, once the coating is accepted by PT it's very nice.  The two honchos I have were delayed because of 'coating issues' however both were delivered in great condition.  I've put over 10K rounds through my first one and the finish is still as nice as the day it was delivered 3 or so years ago. 

2 minutes ago, engineerjet said:

I was told that they are only liable for the service provided, so if they mess up a $7000 gun beyond repair, they are only liable for the cost of the coating service.

Insane 

8 hours ago, engineerjet said:

I was told that they are only liable for the service provided, so if they mess up a $7000 gun beyond repair, they are only liable for the cost of the coating service.

Uhh that's not how that works.

If I pay someone to paint my house and they put a bunch of holes in the walls, they don't just reimburse me for the paint. Lmao

11 minutes ago, notanoperator9 said:

Clearly you didn't read their NO HASSLE warranty disclaimer...lol

"Refund Policy

All sales are final and no refunds will be provided. But DON’T WORRY! We back all of our products 100%. We will always warranty any defective product."

Is this Phoenix Trinity’s Policy or the coasters? Hopefully it is the coasters.

Edited by cbrussell

I’ve have had nothing but great customer service from PT.  From the call when I ordered my Honcho to now.  Any issues or questions I have get answered and taken care of very quickly.  
Just my experience with them…..

Their stated policy really worries me. Why put out such a thing if customer service is a priority?Maybe there is something I am missing. I have watched a bunch of their videos/podcasts; seem like really nice people. Seems the stated warranty is at odds with their personality’s.

7 minutes ago, engineerjet said:

Update to my situation. They agreed that a refund was the best course of action. Their modularity is what really drew me to them, but I have a limited gun already so its not a huge loss.

I know that's not the outcome you wanted originally when you ordered the gun, but I think it seems fair under the circumstances. I guess that's good on them for not making it a headache for you and getting a refund. 

Glad it all kinda worked out