Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People still waiting on Honchos...

avastcosmicarena

On 8/18/2020 at 11:19 PM, abigger04 said:

I ordered Dec. 23.  So you're getting close.

According to tracking, mine should be delivered on Thursday.  Tempted to shoot it at the match this Sunday .... 🙃

Just zero it and shoot it, especially if it’s a local match👍🏼😁

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/25/2020 at 10:38 AM, JJB05 said:

I Just received my tracking info today.  Will be at my FFL on Thursday.  Only thing now is to try to hide my boner until then!

A rubber mallet will work in most cases without the scaring 👍🏼😂

• 2 weeks later...

Talked with PT today, she said they got in a batch of pistols from coater. Asked when they expected to ship them Out and was  told as long as they didn’t have any bad weather they expected to ship them out this Thursday. 

I’ve been looking hard at getting a Honcho for the past year or so, but all of these shipping issues are making me think twice about it.  Would it still be worth it to pick up a Honcho during one of the upcoming sale events?

I ordered a Honcho back in May knowing full well that it would be about a 9 month or so wait.  I plan to shoot Open for the first time next year so that was my plan and the length of wait isn’t a factor for me. 
In the end only you can answer your question on if you are willing to wait for it.  To me the wait is worth it for a quality gun at a great price. 

9 hours ago, UpYoursPal said:

I’ve been looking hard at getting a Honcho for the past year or so, but all of these shipping issues are making me think twice about it.  Would it still be worth it to pick up a Honcho during one of the upcoming sale events?

They just had a two free barrel sale last week. Not sure if it is over or not.

I ordered mine in March. I emailed Tiffany about it and she said that it is at coating. Apparently they are what is holding everything up. The guns are built and just sitting in batches at the coating supplier it sounds like. 

I’d still order one. Like everyone else has said, I knew it would be a wait, and when COVID hit and a bunch of places got shut down, it just extended it. 

Still worth it though I think. 

On 10/6/2020 at 10:42 AM, geraldskip said:

I ordered mine in March. I emailed Tiffany about it and she said that it is at coating. Apparently they are what is holding everything up. The guns are built and just sitting in batches at the coating supplier it sounds like. 

I’d still order one. Like everyone else has said, I knew it would be a wait, and when COVID hit and a bunch of places got shut down, it just extended it. 

Still worth it though I think. 

There is got to be an option to get the pistol built, but not coated.

Shoot it in Raw White. Just oil it and go. Clean it, Oil it, Store in humidity controlled safe.

I know TON of peeps that shoot theirs in white. Zero issues.

I am having two built and I will keep them in white for awhile. Love the way they look!

4 hours ago, SeattleDude said:

Shoot it in Raw White. Just oil it and go. Clean it, Oil it, Store in humidity controlled safe.

I am having two built and I will keep them in white for awhile. Love the way they look!

But I want it coated lol. 

I love DLC. 

18 hours ago, SeattleDude said:

PT, if i understood correctly, will not finish and ship a pistol without coating.  It can be a Silver PVD, but not left unfinished metal.  I don't blame them from a builder standpoint. 

5 hours ago, scduckman03 said:

Just received the email that I have been waiting for.. pistol will be at my FFl dealer on Monday.. 

Not sure, but it seems like they tend to ship the guns on Thursdays meaning customers get them on Monday.  Not sure why the guns aren't shipped on Wednesday's so people get them Friday with the 2-day shipping.  I ma not sure if their policy is to ship guns on Thursdays, but a lot of the guys i have talked to seem to get that tracking email on Thursdays.