avastcosmicarena

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 5:50 PM, attakmint said:

I must have lucked out! My Honcho was ordered in April and I got the email about coating yesterday.

On that note, what OAL works in .40?

Congrats on the Honcho.  You're going to love it!

For .40 you cannot go wrong with PD bullets loaded to 1.180".

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. I cant belive this thread is still going. I remember when they released this Honcho as the best thing since sliced bread, and ONLY a 10 week wait since it was all basicly CNC fitted. There at 30+ weeks now? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 8/23/2021 at 3:28 AM, Bakerjd said:

Wow. I cant belive this thread is still going. I remember when they released this Honcho as the best thing since sliced bread, and ONLY a 10 week wait since it was all basicly CNC fitted. There at 30+ weeks now? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Not surprising considering world events, inflation, raw material shortages, and the popularity/quality of the gun.

I am the original creator of this thread and regret making it. I would not have made it had I known it would live on this long and become the main thread for people waiting on their orders.

I'm not shooting as much as I'd like right now due to the insanity of current world events, but I still have my Honcho and love it.

7 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Not surprising considering world events, inflation, raw material shortages, and the popularity/quality of the gun.

I am the original creator of this thread and regret making it. I would not have made it had I known it would live on this long and become the main thread for people waiting on their orders.

I'm not shooting as much as I'd like right now due to the insanity of current world events, but I still have my Honcho and love it.

I'm not buying the whole shortage thing. Nobody else is 30 weeks out on a gun that is a mass produced model. And coating isnt a 3 week or more wait. I've personally had guns built this year and there was no details due to parts or coating at all. 

3 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

I'm not buying the whole shortage thing. Nobody else is 30 weeks out on a gun that is a mass produced model. And coating isnt a 3 week or more wait. I've personally had guns built this year and there was no details due to parts or coating at all. 

I bet they’re just standing around picking their butts and drinking bourbon. Sounds like you should order a gun from somewhere else. 

From what I hear the crew prefers Tito's vodka!😆

Yes, building these takes time, but they are awesome shooters and well worth the wait. Absolutely the softest shooting 2011 on the market. Try one out if you get a chance, guarantee you will not be disappointed. Everyone that has run mine has loved it.

Edited by travail

I've never hired someone to work on a pistol, whose purpose is to quickly set off explosions in my hands. . .because they were the fastest. Uh-uh. 

Do the research. 2nd-Source everything.

Make a choice carefully.

Pick someone you can 'count on' later.

(I crack myself up :lol:

On 8/28/2021 at 8:42 PM, travail said:

From what I hear the crew prefers Tito's vodka!😆

Yes, building these takes time, but they are awesome shooters and well worth the wait. Absolutely the softest shooting 2011 on the market. Try one out if you get a chance, guarantee you will not be disappointed. Everyone that has run mine has loved it.

I've shot a couple in the 9 major setup and 40 limited setup. They are nice but not my choice. 

On 6/18/2021 at 8:56 PM, Robertwil18 said:

Anyone with a Honcho running it in Open configuration in 9 Major using a heavier recoil spring than the 6lb suggested?  

I'm running a wolff variable 7 lb variable in my 9major. I've had very little rounds through it's so far but seems to eject and track well at 170pf. Will try an 8 lb when I get back into it. The 6 lb seems so light I was concerned with something getting battered. If someone from PT wants to chime in on this please do.

On 6/20/2021 at 9:46 PM, ejevans45 said:

I had a few issues with the stock recoil spring so bought a 7# and 8#. Tried the 7 first and haven’t had an issue yet. 

What issues did you have with the factory spring?

On 8/27/2021 at 3:28 PM, Bakerjd said:

Have you tried to order a JP, Dissident or anything custom lately?  I think 30+ is about the average on any custom quality build...

2 hours ago, Medic198 said:

Have you tried to order a JP, Dissident or anything custom lately?  I think 30+ is about the average on any custom quality build...

I'm not saying this is a far off lead time. What I'm saying is this particular gun model isnt custom and was touted as a ten week max lead time. These guns are fit by CNC mill to a spec. Maybe have some extra lead time for coating but 30 weeks... nahh. 

As for having a hand fit build done this year yes I have. 3 uppers 1 lower. Open 9 major, limited major, and limited minor. All sight tracker barrels, one with a comp and one with a sight block also. Didnt take near 30 weeks. Parts were sent mid February. Build started and finished in a month and half. 

On 9/6/2021 at 9:11 PM, vgdvc said:

I'm running a wolff variable 7 lb variable in my 9major. I've had very little rounds through it's so far but seems to eject and track well at 170pf. Will try an 8 lb when I get back into it. The 6 lb seems so light I was concerned with something getting battered. If someone from PT wants to chime in on this please do.

I was squadded with Max Klatt at the MI Sectional and he let me check out his Honcho.  Told me he was running a 6 lb. spring.  And btw, he was high overall for the match.  Very nice guy too.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 11:58 AM, ltdmstr said:

I was squadded with Max Klatt at the MI Sectional and he let me check out his Honcho.  Told me he was running a 6 lb. spring.  And btw, he was high overall for the match.  Very nice guy too.

You must have me confused with someone else. I don't own a honcho. All Venom Custom 2011's for me. 

You were probably talking to Chris Keen. He shoots a Honcho and beat me by 7 points at the MI Sectional. He killed it that match. 

Edited by Maximis228

1 hour ago, Maximis228 said:

You were probably talking to Chris Keen. He shoots a Honcho and beat me by 7 points at the MI Sectional. He killed it that match. 

You're absolutely right.  Sorry about that.  And not sure we've ever met, even though I'm pretty close to you.  I used to live in North Barrington (went to BHS) and spent a lot of time in Lake Zurich.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I ordered mine on Black Friday.  Three port comp, .40 barrel, black DLC, orange anodized aluminum parts.  I've been impressed by their customer service and comms so far!  Now, just like Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part.

Has anyone recently been told what the lead times are?