Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People still waiting on Honchos...

avastcosmicarena

2 hours ago, lroy said:

The accuracy is fine.

One of the reasons you don't hear many complaints is that they are the only ones that can work on the gun (lockblock) and they read these posts.

Are you implying that if there’s bad comments about the gun they’re not gonna service it?

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, lots of people taking a big dump on PT. 
I’ve had a very good experience with PT.  My Honcho runs great, is accurate, and looks perfect.   The support from PT has been great also. 
 I haven’t had any issues with the locking block.  I have about 5k 9mm major through mine so far. 
 I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase one of their other models. 

20 minutes ago, TK66 said:

Wow, lots of people taking a big dump on PT. 
I’ve had a very good experience with PT.  My Honcho runs great, is accurate, and looks perfect.   The support from PT has been great also. 
 I haven’t had any issues with the locking block.  I have about 5k 9mm major through mine so far. 
 I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase one of their other models. 

Good to know from an owner/user. What model/caliber do you own? Finish?

10 minutes ago, cbrussell said:

Good to know from an owner/user. What model/caliber do you own? Finish?

My Honcho is in 9mm major for open and. 40 in limited. Black DLC finish. Absolutely love it.  I did have a case separation that damaged the breach block in 9mm.   I sent the pistol back and they replaced any damaged parts and went through the gun free of charge.  Great service in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, TK66 said:

My Honcho is in 9mm major for open and. 40 in limited. Black DLC finish. Absolutely love it.  I did have a case separation that damaged the breach block in 9mm.   I sent the pistol back and they replaced any damaged parts and went through the gun free of charge.  Great service in my opinion. 

Good to know; thanks for sharing. How do you like the Black DLC finish? How durable is it proving to be?

Just now, cbrussell said:

Good to know; thanks for sharing. How do you like the Black DLC finish? How durable is it proving to be?

Being in a open holster it doesn’t really make contact with anything.  There aren’t any signs of wear. 

1 hour ago, cbrussell said:

Got it; thanks again,

I've got 2 Honchos, and will be looking to move one of them in Black DLC.  It is very durable as a coating, and with proper maintenance has been an absolute hammer.  I've loved shooting mine and the customer service that I have received was top notch including direct contact late at night and teaming me with a sponsored shooter during nationals when i encountered an issue.  

50 minutes ago, Robertwil18 said:

I've got 2 Honchos, and will be looking to move one of them in Black DLC.  It is very durable as a coating, and with proper maintenance has been an absolute hammer.  I've loved shooting mine and the customer service that I have received was top notch including direct contact late at night and teaming me with a sponsored shooter during nationals when i encountered an issue.  

Good to know.

• 2 weeks later...

I took one on trade.  Just has the 38SC barrel.  It’s new and was a raffle item on the GA State championship in 2022.  I really was contemplating flipping it and moving g on but am a little intrigued and am considering just running it for awhile and maybe get a 9Major and minor barrel set made…:

image.jpeg.c78f6168b6a4ebbbb3f68bc6d1dacc7a.jpeg

Edited by RGC

4 hours ago, RGC said:

I took one on trade.  Just has the 38SC barrel.  It’s new and was a raffle item on the GA State championship in 2022.  I really was contemplating flipping it and moving g on but am a little intrigued and am considering just running it for awhile and maybe get a 9Major and minor barrel set made…:

I have that same 3 barrel setup. Might get a sight block 9mm barrel for LO. In the meantime, I’m breaking it in so far less than 300 rounds and counting. Didn’t know shooting 9mm minor in open would be fun. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 11:07 PM, Medic198 said:
On 2/5/2023 at 5:45 PM, TK66 said:

Finish is great. I toss mine in buckets and wooden boxes, bang it against all kinds of s#!t in 3 gun, no issues.

Where did you get this from?  If you're gonna quote something I said, don't change it to something I never posted.

On 2/18/2023 at 12:40 PM, RGC said:

image.jpeg.c78f6168b6a4ebbbb3f68bc6d1dacc7a.jpeg

Shoot that sucker!!!  I almost popped on it on gb.  Sick set up perfect for any open situation.