Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People still waiting on Honchos...

avastcosmicarena

18 hours ago, UpYoursPal said:

Went back and assembled it according to some of the videos on the PT YouTube page and it feels more normal now

I know exactly what the issue is. When disassembling/reassembling you got something under or behind the locking block thing. This only every happened when reassembling after a lazy cleaning. If a chunk of something  gets under the locking block it messes with the way that block interacts with the barrel and will do that. Never happened when shooting but did when I reassembled the gun dirty. Crud doesn’t really get under there unless the gun is apart so it was a non issue for shooting but keep that area clean before putting it back together. Clean out the frame directly where the locking block sits and I’m sure it will entirely go away.

I’ve never read that anywhere else.  It was always smooth as butter and locks and unlocks super easy other than when I took it apart and reassembled a few times, seeming randomly that would happen. I thought it was just too dirty at first until I found out that one area that changes the way the locking block sits. An early giveaway of stuff under the locking block is how easily the slide stop goes in and out. When reassembling, if the slide stop doesn’t want to go in as easy as it came out (or as easily as any other 2011) take the slide off and clean the spot in the frame the block sits and try again. If the slide stop goes in easy there isn’t anything under the locking block and you’ll be smooth sailing. 

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/29/2020 at 10:08 AM, RangerTrace said:

I'm not saying he is wrong, but that's easily 3 times the amount of oil I use.  Pistol looked and sounded slick, though.

I oil the hell out of it, as they describe in the video, and have not had one issue with the functioning of the gun.  i have now put almost 4k through it without a malfunction.  They recommend running it very wet, and wet it shall be.  

Edited by JJB05

On 11/6/2020 at 5:58 PM, geraldskip said:

Got the email! November 30 or so should be delivery day. 

I’m stoked. 

On 11/11/2020 at 9:38 AM, Blockader said:

Me too, except I'm mega stoked. Gonna be a looooong November.

either of you guys received yours yet? 

2 hours ago, gnhowell1 said:

I was thrilled how mine turned out...yeah, it took a little longer than expected but still way shorter than others and they put a nice little note in the box which will keep me coming back.

PXL_20201214_203752513.jpg

Those looks sweet!

Who's wolfpack 01? Alaskan bush people? 

3 hours ago, gnhowell1 said:

I was thrilled how mine turned out...yeah, it took a little longer than expected but still way shorter than others and they put a nice little note in the box which will keep me coming back.

PXL_20201214_203752513.jpg

This 2-tone look is great

Got about 500 rounds through it so far. Did a little in each barrel. 

The sightblock barrel doesn’t like light Ammo. I have purpose built stuff for my 3 gun 2011 and it wouldn’t run the honcho (probably 125 PF). Using stock Speer Lawman or American eagle, it was just as soft as my other gun but obviously with hotter rounds. Shot very well and was zeroed from the factory. 

The minor open barrel was similar. It wanted a little hotter rounds and shot them very well. 

The major barrel is where this thing shines. I thought the performance for the other two barrels was good, but not noticeably better than my other custom guns. The major blew my custom 2011 out of the water. Big difference and I was really impressed. Was able to do a 3-4 inch standing free hand group (that’s very good for me) and was also able to do double taps out at 25 yards in the A zone at about .30 splits or so. 

Comparing it anecdotally to my friends akai and atlas chaos, I’d say it’s very similar, if not better. The overpressure from the honcho is much more pleasant. I don’t know if that’s cause there are no popper holes or what, but it is a heck of a shooter. 

10/10. Would buy again. And very well might. 

• 3 months later...

I

43 minutes ago, tfinnerr said:

Apologies for opening this back up but has anyone gotten a Honcho shipped lately? Trying to get a feel for where the lead times are right now. Are they still hovering around that 7 months timeframe? Thanks!

I was recently told 30-32 weeks.  Not sure if this is from order or order confirmation, but wasn't important enough for me to go back and ask for clarification.