Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

I don't see them doing that as CZ owns Dan Wesson and they already have the Czechmate for open. I'm sure Czechmate would get ditched for DWX in open config but let's see

Seeing how they are directly competing with the TSO, I don't see why they wouldn't, especialy since it hasn't had a refresh in a while.

4 hours ago, hawaiifivebro said:

Glad I didn't jump to open this year and was patient enough to see all of the new possibilities coming to fruition.  Damn good time for the competition market right now.

Don't build too many plans. In the end, everyone gets to 2011/1911😉

8 hours ago, yigal said:

Don't build too many plans. In the end, everyone gets to 2011/1911😉

I likely won't ever outshoot a czechmate/whatever CZ framed open variant comes out and just from my own personal preference don't see myself ever wanting anything other than that frame, I'm a big fan boy of how it feels in my hands.

The Elite Series of pistols that Dan Wesson made had a critical flaw - they used Caspian frames. The factory mags are Mec-Gar k9 tubes with modified followers (so they don't activate the slide-stop early) and honestly none of the ones I've had have been reliable. The MBX mags are good, but expensive, and also not made frequently, so you have to jump on them when MBX does a batch. The 45* mount that they use for the cmore on the Havok is also really dumb, I don't know what they were thinking with that, besides the fact that it might be cheaper to manufacture compared to a 90deg or standard mount - maybe.

It's good that DW gave up on the Caspian frame. Too bad I was dumb and bought one before realizing the issues.

Edited by sc68cal

On 1/15/2020 at 4:03 PM, hawaiifivebro said:

Seeing how they are directly competing with the TSO, I don't see why they wouldn't, especialy since it hasn't had a refresh in a while.

IMHO, I don't think it's meant to go after the TSO, more of the gap left by the Edge, and with cheaper/ more reliable mags. Since CZ owns Dan Wesson, seems redundant to come out with a gun to compete against one's own company. Also excited for possible open gun. Getting antsy waiting for order to go through!

19 hours ago, Midwest3Gunner said:

IMHO, I don't think it's meant to go after the TSO, more of the gap left by the Edge, and with cheaper/ more reliable mags. Since CZ owns Dan Wesson, seems redundant to come out with a gun to compete against one's own company. Also excited for possible open gun. Getting antsy waiting for order to go through!

It's the exact same style of gun as the TSO. Full size steel frame SAO gun in 9mm and 40, no comp or optic. Designed for limited.

So, it's going up against both the TSO and 2011s intended for Limited division.

The TSO and Czechmate are a little old/underperforming now.

On 1/16/2020 at 8:42 PM, Midwest3Gunner said:

Sometime it's better to cannibalize yourself with your own innovations. 

“One of Job's business rules was to never be afraid of cannibalizing yourself. " If you don't cannibalize yourself, someone else will," he said. So even though an Iphone might cannibalize sales of an IPod, or an IPad might cannibalize sales of a laptop, that did not deter him." -- Walter Isaacson, Steve Jobs

2 hours ago, edison said:

Sometime it's better to cannibalize yourself with your own innovations. 

“One of Job's business rules was to never be afraid of cannibalizing yourself. " If you don't cannibalize yourself, someone else will," he said. So even though an Iphone might cannibalize sales of an IPod, or an IPad might cannibalize sales of a laptop, that did not deter him." -- Walter Isaacson, Steve Jobs

That was a neat quote,  thanks!