Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, George16 said:

Based on the description, looks like a nice offspring between a 1911 a 75 Series CZ.

I wonder how much will be the actual street price.

Not sure, maybe itll bring down TSO prices a little. Not something I'd want to buy until all the kinks have been worked out though. 

So it seems that the full size uses P10F and P-09 mags which is interesting.

Compact version will use CZ 75 mags...not sure if they are the 14 round or 16 round versions.

Basically looks like a shadow 2 bottom with a 1911 top. No caming link as well. Uses the CZ style barrel lug. Comes in 40 and 9...and literally says on the website they made it for USPSA limited haha. Pretty cool piece in my opinion. Looks like retail is 1800 off the rip, and I'm guessing street price would come down off that after the roll out slows down. Very interesting!

Makes me wonder if CZ magwells will fit on it as well.

Nothing there that makes me want to dump any of my current guns in favor of this one, but it makes me really, really wish that this had been out there a few years ago when I was first getting started. The more I think about it, the more I hone in on the magazines, which I wouldn't originally have expected.

Making the assumptions that this will be roughly on-par with a TSO in terms of quality (which I think is a pretty safe one), and that the magazines "based on" the P-09/P-10 pattern mags are in fact interchangeable, then a newer shooter has a clear path to pick up a relatively inexpensive polymer-framed CZ to ease into the game, then gradually upgrade to some high-end options like the CZC A01 and this thing while sharing the same magazines for basically everything.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B34uT4lp230/?igshid=1rpyb19w1o6gp]https://www.instagram.com/p/B34uT4lp230/?igshid=1rpyb19w1o6gp

It started as an experiment — a grand melding of Dan Wesson and CZ pistols. Borrowing the crisp single action fire control group of a DW 1911 and combining it with the ergonomics and capacity of a CZ, the resulting pistol emerged as something great.

Designed initially for competition use, the DWX has evolved into much more than that, with both full-size and compact variants. Its locked breech barrel system is simple, ditching the standard 1911 link system and using CZ-style takedown via the slide stop. The easier take-down will be familiar to any hammer-fired CZ owner, as is removing the Match-grade barrel due to the bushing-less barrel system that resembles a P-10 or P-09/P-07.

Double-stack magazines boost the capacity of the full-size to 19+1 with flush bases, and many standard 1911 parts enable gunsmiths and competitive shooters to tune the X just the way they like it. Sights are easily customized, using a 1911-style dovetailed sight in the front and a CZ Shadow 2 style sight cut in the rear.

With the grip angle and contours that have made the CZ 75 a stand-out in the realm of pistol ergonomics, the DWX is a natural fit to most hands. The full-size DWX uses standard CZ 75 grips, while the compact DWX uses those from a 75 Compact. Corresponding magwells for the 75 series are compatible as well.

With so many ways to tune and customize, the DWX is sure to shine in USPSA Limited Division!

Full-size DWX pistols use a magazine based on the P-09/P-10 F, while compact variants use that of a 75 Compact.

19e_DWX-angle-1100px.png

19e_DWX-L-1100px.png

Edited by Burger_King_Taco
Fixed link

Am I the only one who doesn't quite see what this brings to the table? I can see how perhaps some segment of the competition shooting population wants a CZ frame but with a straight pull 19/2011 style trigger, but you would be hard pressed to convince me that there are enough of those people to make something like this successful. This isn't much (if any) cheaper than a CZ TSO, nor a double stack Rock Island or Para Tomasie. If one wants a true 2011, edges are still available from Dawson for slightly more. I perhaps could have seen a market for a 2011 modular frame style gun that accepted CZ slides and firing controls, but not sure on what DW is offering.

Sucks that the 40 caliber mags can only hold 15. I don’t think you would be able to get 21 rounds with extensions and stay under the 140mm 
It's been confirmed they will hold 21 with Henning basepads.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk