Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, CJcycles said:

Felt good. Very similar to my Shadow 2. It has a chassis that comes out to remove the trigger. It looks like the rails are part of the chassis. I was told the chassis is held in by the slide stop, hammer pin and safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a ton for getting some pics and feedback!

Oooh, the chassis stuff is new info! Really looking forward to more info on that, would love to see pics of one taking apart. 

I’ll try to get back over there sometime this week and see if I can get some additional pictures/info. Not sure I can get them to disassemble beyond just taking the slide off. The gun seemed to have a lot more play in the barrel and slide than I’m used to with a 2011.

They didn’t seem to have a lot of info at the booth or didn’t want to talk about it much. It seemed to surprise them that I was asking a lot of questions about buying additional magazines above what shipped with the gun. I want to stop by again and see if I get more info. It may have just been bad timing.

If you look close at the pictures I posted you can see the chassis.81a62ed494513517ab520705fb4ddf5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really interested in getting a good Limited gun and am oscillating back and forth between really wanting a DWX and thinking the best thing about the DWX will be and downward price pressure it may put on the TSO and the reasonably priced 2011 guns (if they still exist). Other than the 1911 style trigger, what is better about it than a TSO? The prices are effectively the same, the slide is likely heavier while the gun is lighter, and it's obviously less proven, at least at this time. What am I missing?