Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

11 hours ago, hawaiifivebro said:

It'd be really cool if the posts in the DWX thread could be about the DWX instead of other stuff, maybe it's just me.

Well the only thing we've got going until they release is AJohnsons pictures.. maybe he'd like to share some more glamor shots?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ajohnson15 said:

Lower barrel lug I presume?

20200206_201104.jpg

thank u.👍

I was worried about this thing. Probably it will be a mechanism that breaks the slide stops  like in CZ.

But I hope I'm wrong.because there is no pic. how it seats in frame.😉

8 hours ago, yigal said:

thank u.👍

I was worried about this thing. Probably it will be a mechanism that breaks the slide stops  like in CZ.

But I hope I'm wrong.because there is no pic. how it seats in frame.😉

Dwx slide stops have no replacement schedule 😉

20200207_082223.jpg

I can’t wait to get my hands on one of these. 

I really have nothing else to add of value to the thread. I’m just here drooling waiting to buy. I think I’ll pre/back order on Brownells this week maybe. 

On 2/7/2020 at 9:27 AM, Ajohnson15 said:

Dwx slide stops have no replacement schedule 😉

20200207_082223.jpg

Do you by any chance know if the DWC Compact is compatible with 4" full rail 1911 holsters?

Saw that I had a shipment from CZ today only to realize it was the customer appreciation package thing.

Damn you, CZ/DW. I got all excited for nothing.

Edited by jigglyjames29

On 2/17/2020 at 5:31 PM, jigglyjames29 said:

Do you by any chance know if the DWC Compact is compatible with 4" full rail 1911 holsters?

Saw that I had a shipment from CZ today only to realize it was the customer appreciation package thing.

Damn you, CZ/DW. I got all excited for nothing.

4 inch full rail 1911? Never knew such a thing existed or that anyone made holsters for them haha.

But anyhow, good question. Most likely will not fit if it's kydex, dwx is a little shorter from top of the slide to bottom of the rail than a railed 1911 and a little bit wider at both the slide and frame (~24.1mm dust cover width, ~24.9 slide width.) but to be honest I havent had a chance to try any commander length full rail holsters out. Leather may be a bit more forgiving. 

I do know however they have been working with multiple holster companies to get product available so hopefully should see some dedicated options out before too long.

20 minutes ago, Ajohnson15 said:

4 inch full rail 1911? Never knew such a thing existed or that anyone made holsters for them haha.

But anyhow, good question. Most likely will not fit if it's kydex, dwx is a little shorter from top of the slide to bottom of the rail than a railed 1911 and a little bit wider at both the slide and frame (~24.1mm dust cover width, ~24.9 slide width.) but to be honest I havent had a chance to try any commander length full rail holsters out. Leather may be a bit more forgiving. 

I do know however they have been working with multiple holster companies to get product available so hopefully should see some dedicated options out before too long.

Ah, meant 4.25". Thanks for the info! That's good to know. Damn, I was really hoping the slide would be the same width as a 1911.

I called on Friday and wouldn't be told when they were coming out, but when I asked when to call back for an update he said to wait atleast a few months.  So not sure if its coming out anytime soon or if he is tired of people calling and didn't want me to call back anytime soon...lol.  Probably the latter.

I just bought a STI Edge Brazos HP.  I was thinking of buying the DWX in 40 a year after release so all the bugs would be worked out with the initial "Beta" testers and a little more aftermarket support.  Same process used when the Shadow 2 came out.