Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What pistol do you carry for self defense (vs the one you compete with)?

wrx04

Been carrying a 642 for 18 years daily. Also carried a Les Baer Comanche  for the past  20 years . Now days carry a Glock 19 reduced grip most of the time along with a 1911  during winter months..

Compete with the 19,34 and 1911 and revolvers..

Edited by GmanCdp

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, 5 pages of replies and only 2 guys carrying 2011’s, well I guess 3 now that I’m replying. Normal carry us a DCV-C/Guardian/VIP or a host of other 2011 carry guns. In the heat of the Houston summer I’ll sometimes carry a Micro9 when going to “safer” places. 

Im a big proponent of the “same manual of arms” mantra. 

On 8/15/2019 at 4:25 AM, stick said:

Compete with PCC and when I shoot pistol, it's a M&P Pro 9.

Carry either a G30 or G26

With that being said...I recently switched to a CZ-P10C for my carry gun.  I really like ergonomics on the CZ.  The P10C is thinner than the G30 and just slightly larger.

• 3 weeks later...

I shoot 1911/2011 in competition, mostly open...I've been carrying a G19 for years, mostly because it fits me good and holds 15 rounds.. I did pick up a Staccato C and plan to start carrying it more once I get some rounds through it.. 

shoot a glock 35 in limited.

Carry depends on the day. I HSP flatpack with a Velcro holster and mag holsters to carry my MP 40 (previous limited gun) and 5 spare mags with TTI +5 basepads, my hip is either a 1911, MP45 or MP 9 with trijicon. Always at least 2 spare mags for each pistol.

If I'm not feeling a belt gun, my XDS or my LCR 357 gets tucked into my cowboy boot and call it a day.

Am debating dropping my G35 into the backpack since i train with it a lot more then my other guns.

Shoot an Open 2011 major.  Carry an LCR or Shield.  I have found the LCR takes a little getting used to after shooting a full sized 2011 but the Shield, all though not as heavy, has a similar feel to my 2011 and is natural to shoot with after shooting a major open gun.

• 2 weeks later...