Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What pistol do you carry for self defense (vs the one you compete with)?

wrx04

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carry an h&k vp9. Used to carry my rock island double stack 10. But it's been pretty severely modified to shoot open. I don't carry much at work, since I'm in schools, Banks, and prisons quite often

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Production: CZ P-09

SSP: CZ 75BD

CO: CZ P-10F with RMR

Carry: CZ P-01

Don't care that they're not identical.  They come up to the face the same .  My hands know what to do with the controls regardless of which one I reach for.

Eventually all but the 75 will get either an RMR or an SRO

44 minutes ago, Frankly said:

Seriously considering an Atlas Nyx because they’re so nice... but for now I have a G19 for home and P365 for waist. Both plastic guns shoot fine. 

If you ever had to use it for SD, I'm not sure what would be worse....The fact that you had to fire a weapon at another human being, or that the cops took your Atlas.

5 hours ago, lroy said:

If you ever had to use it for SD, I'm not sure what would be worse....The fact that you had to fire a weapon at another human being, or that the cops took your Atlas.

I’m aware of that. But for the rest of my time before I might have that occasion I have to carry it around and train with it. If I’m going to be in proximity to a gun for tens of thousands of hours it should be a nice one!

By the logic of “losing something” then you should never buy a nice car or house, pick out the best dog or horse, or marry the prettiest first wife.

Then again buying Atlases is a good way to lose that first wife!

1 hour ago, Frankly said:

I’m aware of that. But for the rest of my time before I might have that occasion I have to carry it around and train with it. If I’m going to be in proximity to a gun for tens of thousands of hours it should be a nice one!

By the logic of “losing something” then you should never buy a nice car or house, pick out the best dog or horse, or marry the prettiest first wife.

Then again buying Atlases is a good way to lose that first wife!

Haha can't argue with that logic.

Unless they get half your guns at the divorce. Scary thought.