Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Optics

Rich406

The recoil impulse on my 40 2011 is just so smooth even compared to a 9mm Stock Master. I don't know if it's noticeable on the clock, I doubt it is, but I like it better. A well fit gun just recoils less, I swear. Maybe because it's full of slide glide usually. Trigger doesn't really have anything to do with it

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, waktasz said:

The recoil impulse on my 40 2011 is just so smooth even compared to a 9mm Stock Master. I don't know if it's noticeable on the clock, I doubt it is, but I like it better. A well fit gun just recoils less, I swear. Maybe because it's full of slide glide usually. Trigger doesn't really have anything to do with it

Thanks 👍🏻

26 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Definitely not. My 2011 shoots a lot better than my Tanfo

I find the same thing.  It may be the stroked slides that make 2011s shoot much more comfortably. 

I will expect that initially you will see a lot of CO just adding the Mag well, Thumb rest and Racker ( 1,2  or all). As things progress this will be a vary raced out 2011 division with:

·         Lightened slides

·         Hybrid barrels

·         Back Bored Sight blocks

A 9mm 2011 using all the Limited tricks from the last 25ish years is a different animal to the current CO guns, yes I had 3 9mm 2011’s at one point:

·         5” LWD = practice / 3Gun

·         6” Short Light Rail = practice / 3Gun

·         4.15” Short Light Rail = IDPA ESP / Carry

If I could have seen LO coming I would have Kept all 3 when the eyesight went bad in 2014ish and made dots the only way forward for me.

13 minutes ago, abigger04 said:

Were the provisional rules addressing capacity limits in production adopted? Or just the limited optics rules?

Next time the board can make a change to an existing division is January 31st 2024. They are just letting it ride until then Most likely. 

Edited by Rich406

Well that sucks that they are not having a major power factor.

Good news is I have an SVI ready to play.  Bought years ago for 3 gun so it was in 9mm.  Lost interest in 3 gun and this gun sits in the safe with no purpose until now.  Ordering a dovetail mount and calling it good for LO

Also have fully decked out Tanfoglio built by PD to play in CO.   I'd rather just throw on a magwell, start cocked and lock without worrying about a Double Action first pull.  I can see a lot of CO dudes running  CZs and Tanfos going this route

6 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

I doubt it will become a majority 2011 division with this rule-set. Those with CZ or Tanfoglio CO guns will likely jump ship, no more DA/SA mix.

Count me as one. I already had the slide on my CZC Tac Sport milled for an SRO in anticipation of this being green-lighted as a provisional division. I have always shot the TS better and never got used to the DA/SA curved trigger of my Shadow. A lot do, I'm just not one of them. 

2 hours ago, lroy said:

40 loaded to 130pf would feel like a pellet gun after shooting limited. 

You'd give up 3 rounds to 9mm for effectively adding a compensator. 

It’s what I’m doing. 40 minor is stupid soft. 

Edited by bulm540

I think starting out with open classifiers is the smart move from the BOD.

Think about PCC, screwed that up lots of people made GM early on from to low HF.  Remember when CO was just Prod HHF and super easy to get a high classification? Remember when they made Revo 8 shots and left the HHF based on 6 shot guns and people were jumping up classes super easy?

Every time the BOD has gotten s#!t, starting high and working back to find the right balance is probably smarter then risking starting to low again. 

I picked up a Brazo's 2011 in 40 back in November, I don't mind shooting irons but I do struggle with it.

Thinking I'm getting a dovetail mount and slapping a dot on it.  It's a sweet shooting gun.

1 hour ago, shred said:

Why did they double down on the dumb, obsolete 'must have a dot' rule?

I believe it's to ensure that the initial participation data about the division is accurate. Prevents 9mm staccato iron sight guys from messing with the numbers. 

It's a dumb rule and probably not necessary but I get why they did it 

46 minutes ago, GigG said:

Like the most popular Division in the sport needed fixing.

Just got something's popular doesn't mean that everything about it is correct. Pretty much is now though

3 minutes ago, RJH said:

Just got something's popular doesn't mean that everything about it is correct. Pretty much is now though

Didn't say it did but doing something that may screw it up is stupid.

3 minutes ago, GigG said:

Didn't say it did but doing something that may screw it up is stupid.

That doesn't make any sense. If carryops is the greatest thing ever the way it is right now people will continue to shoot it. If people prefer limited optics they'll go shoot that. Doesn't actually screw anything up. If after a couple of years nobody shoots limited optics the org can get rid of it. If after a couple years nobody shoots carryouts anymore and everybody has switched to limited optics, a few people can be hold outs and shoot carryops like they do revolver and single stack now 

Also possibility that both divisions flourish. But not adding limited optics because people are scared of it taking from carryops would only show that carry ops wasn't what people actually wanted, but was just the best option available at the time

1 minute ago, Dazhi said:

Create a 9mm iron division based on production ruleset plus 140mm mags, SAO and magwells, and watch it become the most popular division in 3 years.   

no way....

2 minutes ago, Dazhi said:

Create a 9mm iron division based on production ruleset plus 140mm mags, SAO and magwells, and watch it become the most popular division in 3 years.   

So, limited min or? Sounds good to me. I used to really be against limited min or, but I kind of come to see the light LOL. 

Edited by RJH

3 minutes ago, Dazhi said:

After reading all these post and several other related post, I've come to the conclusion, There will never be a perfect division.