Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Optics

Rich406

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s a travesty they didn’t add major PF to this. There is so little difference from current CO for this to make sense. It makes more sense to allow SAO guns in CO and maintain CO accessory rule set.

3 minutes ago, cheby said:

It is not going to bring more people to the sport. It will be interesting to see how this is going to affect Open and CO though.

It will hardly affect CO.  It will just be populated by the weaklings who can't pull a DA trigger without shanking one in the dirt.

We might get a dozen tac-tards nationwide to try it, half of which won't come back because they got smoked.

The Dec 20 BOD meeting minutes indicated they are going to open up a 30-day member comment period, supposedly starting on Dec 28th, to solicit member input prior to the in-person BOD meeting in January.  

The minutes read like they will be asking for member comment not only on the proposal to add a provisional Limited-Optics division, but also on some proposed changes to Prod and L-10 divisions.  

3 minutes ago, Chillywig said:

I'll never miss a reload with my non functioning weight of a light and lazer beams!!!

Please O please can I have a 45 degree offset dot for weak hand shots too? 

Get a slide racker with a 45 degree picatinny rail and put your offset dot there for extra timmie points

Edited by Johnny_Chimpo

I’m all about it. It’ll bring more people to the sport and allows for a popular gun to be competitive instead of it being a severely disadvantaged version of an open gun that only sees local matches. 

Win/win 

Edited by Hans7

Of the private students I have, 4 of them shoot some form of a 2011 in 9mm with a dot on it. They were shooting idpa CO because they didn't want to shoot uspsa Open. If this becomes a provisional division they'll all be super happy to have another place to compete with a gun, an expensive one, they already own.

Sounds great to me all the pluses of CO and you get to use a gun that people enjoy shooting, instead of have to shoot.

Wish it could just be rolled in with carryops, but all the crybabies there that generally say it's practice not the gun, are scared of a gun 🤣🤣🤣

Like we really need a new division for the Limited shooters who want to run an optic but are too scared of the big bad open guns to step up. I honestly don't see any reason for this, as all it is going to do is drop the numbers in Limited when everyone throws a dot on their Limited gun. Personally, I honestly don't care about being "competitive", I just want to go out and have fun. If I wanted an optic on my Limited gun, I would either go to CO or Open. Just keep diluting the division numbers with more divisions.

2 minutes ago, N1BGR said:

Like we really need a new division for the Limited shooters who want to run an optic but are too scared of the big bad open guns to step up. I honestly don't see any reason for this, as all it is going to do is drop the numbers in Limited when everyone throws a dot on their Limited gun. Personally, I honestly don't care about being "competitive", I just want to go out and have fun. If I wanted an optic on my Limited gun, I would either go to CO or Open. Just keep diluting the division numbers with more divisions.

the problem I see is that it wont even be the Limited guys who are throwing red dots on their existing guns since there is no major scoring (hence it doesn’t make sense to cut their existing guns).