Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primers

Carole

I'm sure it varies quite a bit by store. Our local Bass Pro was a Cabela's before the buy out. AFAIK, it's the only Cabela's that was converted into a BP store. Cabela's had a big reloading area, and that remained after it became a BP. There has been some reduction of that recently, though. We were up at the BP motherhsip in Springfield, MO last weekend, and they have a pretty good reloading area too. But I've been in BP's in other states where that was not the case. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/26/2021 at 6:08 PM, EEH said:

I got around $15.00 but I had a bunch of other copper. Wouldn’t do it just for primers, but right on road to town.

And they took them? I took a bunch in about 15 years ago and they didn’t want them for fear of live ones in the mix. 

I’ve never had a problem selling them as scrap locally. I take them in gallon ziplock bags typically. There are a couple of grades of scrap brass and they give the lower grade for cartridge brass.

Primers in stock (sorry guys they do not ship) at Van’s Sporting Goods in Cullman, AL today - CCI - SPP $5.49 per 100 with a limit of 500....First I have seen on any retail shelf in a while...

Guy said they received in a backorder (did not say from where) and marked up the primers based on the store’s standard mark up...Guy at store said he knew they could sell for more but it he said we value our customer base and would not jeopardize losing a single customer over a few dollars...He said they felt bad not being able to sell at their previous price of $4.10 per 100.....but said these cost them more.....And this is why I shop at Van’s...... 

Edited by Sigarmsp226

300@1000? Wow!!! last time I bought primers I gave 150 a case (5000) I am glad I stocked up years ago. I have enough primers now, that if I did want to sell them. lol.  I could buy me a new pickup holy s#!t!!

Edited by usmc1974

LGS here has em in stock randomly.  Only 200 per size per person a day.  Sadly, they had to limit due to people grabbing everything, running in the corner and posting on GB for 5 to 6 times the price paid, before even checking out!!!   Sad times. 

4 hours ago, NOSHMJ said:

LGS here has em in stock randomly.  Only 200 per size per person a day.  Sadly, they had to limit due to people grabbing everything, running in the corner and posting on GB for 5 to 6 times the price paid, before even checking out!!!   Sad times. 

Need to get nutted for that BS!

On 2/14/2021 at 4:59 PM, ltdmstr said:

Well, to state the obvious, everyone here is also looking for primers.  Assuming they find some, what do you think the chances are they're going to pass on the opportunity and offer them to someone who just made your first post here?  I'd guess the odds are pretty much zero.  On a positive note, at the rate you're going your post count should enable you to try a WTB ad in the classifieds pretty soon.

😆

I have taken to trading factory ammo to local folks for primers.  If I can trade off 1k of factory ammo to get 3k of primers then that is a win for me.  I was saving the factory for emergencies but better to give up 1000 to make 3000.  This should get me through the season (with what i already have on hand) and hopefully last until this crisis is over.