Carole

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Carole said:

If I'm doing something wrong please just tell me.

ย 

ย 

Well, to state the obvious, everyone here is also looking for primers. ย Assuming they find some, what do you think the chances are they're going to pass on the opportunity and offer them to someone who just made your first post here? ย I'd guess the odds are pretty muchย zero. ย On a positive note, at the rate you're going your post count should enable you to try a WTB ad in the classifieds pretty soon.

2 things I try to remember to do when I'm looking for help on these forums.

1.I will look at the first two pages of the relevant forums (in this case The Classifieds,ย General Reloading and 9mm Reloading) and see if there are any real recent posts that might be helpful.

2.I will use the search feature at the top to search.ย ย 

ย 

Hi Carole,

you are not 'doing wrong.'

ย 

In the hobby of reloading and over the past 20 years there have been

three sharp primer shortages. this being the third for me.

ย 

primers are hard to find right now.

mailing/shipping/sending primers is difficult because the common carriers want extra money

and people they trust to properly package them.

The material in the primers is not considered something you can move to a different kind of primer.

ย 

All that is to state prices for primers are up and they are hard to trade.

If you can find a trade you end up doing face to face.

ย 

I'd bet that after the last few shortages, most here may have enough primers to

get them through the next shooting season, and are hoping they can get more after that.

so they do not feel they can afford to sell.

ย 

Right now, if you do not have components to reload, Primers will be difficult

to get for the next year.

ย 

miranda

ย 

ย 

ย 

Carole, these are difficult times to find primers. Small pistol primers appear to be the most desired, if the posts on forums are to be used as a measuring stick.ย  Our best advice is to watch frequently for them at local stores and every place that sells them on the internet. Sign up at those internet stores that allow you to be notified when they have some in stock, and act VERY quickly when you get notified because they will sell out VERY fast.ย 

ย 

Good luck.

Keep looking check out off the beaten path gun shops maybe an old timer that may feel sorry for you and sell you some or go to a gun show and hang on to your wallet last one I went to they were selling them for $20 a 100 you may have better luck buying loaded amo right now at any rate best of luck on your questย ย 

13 hours ago, mpmo said:

There are plenty of primers available.

ย 

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=cci 500 primers

ย 

ย 

Darn...$400 per 1k.ย  If I only had a hazmat shipping license.

ย 

13 hours ago, Carole said:

I Need primer for 9 mm.ย 

First post and no personal info entered on the profile.ย  Good luck with that.ย  You might have a better chance tugging on someones heart strings.

One of my friends recently retired from executive management at ATT and decided to get into reloading.ย  We found him a like new, Dillon 750 locally and he's slowly putting components together.ย  He actually won a GB auction and paid .30 a piece for primers.ย  ย 

20 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

One of my friends recently retired from executive management at ATT and decided to get into reloading.ย  We found him a like new, Dillon 750 locally and he's slowly putting components together.ย  He actually won a GB auction and paid .30 a piece for primers.ย  ย 

Ouch..... $300 per thousand.ย  Makes my last purchase of $36 per thousand (before Covid and the new president) looking better all the time....

ย 

BC

18 minutes ago, BillChunn said:

Ouch..... $300 per thousand.ย  Makes my last purchase of $36 per thousand (before Covid and the new president) looking better all the time....

ย 

BC

I bought a few bricks back then too... And was apprehensive because they were so expensive. Glad I pulled the trigger on them.

i've been getting CCI #400's at an LGS, but they only allow 200 primers/person/month... I'm trying to get my family to go in and buy more for me.ย  Also considering changing masks, wearing a hat and trying to find a different sales guy that won't recognize me and using a different name and address since they require that info at check out.

If you have a local Bass Pro or Cabela's, you may want to give them a call and see how they're doing their ammo sales. Every store seems to do it a little differently.ย At my local one, they put a sign out front every morning saying if they got an ammo shipment or not. If they did, folks start lining up early. They hand you a number while you're in line and the ammo sales counter process in order. I got in line about 15 minutes before they opened today and scored 2K of CCI #500 SP primers at $36.99 per 1000. Limit is 1000 per customer per day, so the wife and I both got a box.ย They had a bunch of Federal primers and a lot of loaded ammo, too. Limit of 5 boxes of any ammo, mix or match. 8 boxes if you're a BP or Cabela's Visa card holder, or what they call a "club member".ย 

ย 

Hope you're able to find some.ย 

Edited by jejb